I May Have To Sell My Unfinsihed GT40

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
Truly sorry to hear this. Hopefully it all works out for you. It seems to have really been a good experience for you and your son. It would be a shame for the two of you not to finish her up after so many hours of effort.

Best of luck with your situation.....

Regards,

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Hang in there Bill, I was in a similar situation a year ago, and just survived it intact.

Good luck whatever happens.

Andy

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Bill,
Hang in there...I have been impressed with yours and your son's skills from the start as well as well as the great relationship the two of you have....We are all pulling for you and trust all will go in your favor......Best to you, Steve

To give some idea what our shared passion means to he men who are afflicted -

I saw Bill Pinzini for the first time since I was a teenager today......... do you know what one of the first things he said to me was?

Did you hear about Bill D ????

My heart sank as I know Bill in person, we spent an afternoon discussing his car and plans at his home in Camarillo.

Well..... I was relieved to find out he ONLY his car and not him. Though sometimes its hard to separate the two :)

Of course we all wish Bill well, my experince today is a real example of what we mean to one another. Whether we are at opposite ends of the state or on opposite sides of the globe.

All the best Bill -
Rob

Howard Jones

Supporter
Whatever it is I hope it all works out OK. Even if you do sell your car, you and your son are welcome to attend anything I do and there is a open invitation to the right seat for both of you anytime I have Betty on track. Just walk up and say hi, I'm Bill.

Best wishes

Howard

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill -

Just got back and saw this post, and like others have said my heart sank. I hope that you can sort it all out. You have done a fantastic job working out all the little details on your car and so close.

Hopefully things can get sorted out so you can keep the car.

Sandy

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Bill, It is an old cliche' but often the darkest hour is just before dawn. So hang in there, as you can see from the previous post's we are on your side.
Best.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bill
Sorry to hear the news.
I had a similar experience when I went through divorce as my ex knew what my toys meant to me and did her best to try and deprive me of that pleasure.

At the worst time during that experience I came across this in a book and applied it and managed to work it all out .

"HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO SEE THEM COME TRUE".

Remember it may be hard but if it doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger.

All the best and hang in there.

Dimi

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Bill, like everyone else on the Forum, I was very sad to hear your news. Without being presumptuous about your situation, an acquaintance of mine here in Oz had what might be a similar problem. The car was half finished, so he sold it to a trusted friend for a "nominal" $20k (with a signed contract to enable him to buy it back for the same price in the future). After all the dust settled, he bought it back & it is now finished. There is more than one way of skinning a cat !

Best of luck mate.

Kindest Regards,

Peter D.

Bill,
So sorry that you may have to sell your 40. I certainly hope it does not come to that. Good luck in getting a satisfactory resolution to whatever the issue causing the sale. It would be a real shame to lose the object of such obvious passion for both you and your son. Good luck.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, sorry to hear of your plight. It is none of my business or anyone else's, but as you can see from the responses you have alot of support. If you think it would help, and care to share additional info, perhaps the brain trust of this great forum can offer you some solutions to your current situation. Just a thought.

Never discount the power of positive thinking Bill.

Everyone on this forum is behind you, and offering moral support to help you through this tough time.

Bill, I really hope it all works out well for you. I have been there and lost a car I spent seven years pouring my heart and soul into.

Thanks for the inspirational build that you and your son did.

**UPDATE**

A major problem was resolved today, but we still have one more before we can say "All clear". It looks like I'll be able to keep the car but will have to put off finishing it until early 2008. Wish me luck guys!!

Bill D

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

Very glad to hear that. In any case, while new cars can be built, the time spent teaching and working with your son will always priceless.

Best Regards,

Al

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
**UPDATE**

A major problem was resolved today, but we still have one more before we can say "All clear". It looks like I'll be able to keep the car but will have to put off finishing it until early 2008. Wish me luck guys!!

Bill D

As we say down here in TX, "Yee-Haw!!!!"

SO glad to see things have made a positive turn, Bill. Good luck--early 2008 will be here before you know it.

Doug

Back