Isis threat...your thoughts?

Gun homicides are around 12K each year, since 2001 there have been 160K homicide deaths related to guns in the US. Doctors and drunks do that yearly. Jon Stewart just says some random number, one million and you believe that. Over 13 years since 2001 that would be around 77K per year, BS. The terrorist number 3400 is BS. ISIS has killed over 5.5K this year in Iraq. How many in Syria, Africa, Afghanistan, Libya, worldwide. Geez, Jon Stewart, the purveyor of truth.

Not to mention that about 75% of gun deaths happen in the strictest gun control cities that coincidently are run by Democrats. Chicago Jan 1 to Dec 31 2012. 4797 gun deaths. Gun control is working great there.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I'm sending Peanut Butter as a Christmas present to everyone I don't like.
(which is, so I've been told, quite a few [allegedly])
Tell me - is there a special way to use / ingest it? Is it sniffed or injected?
If you want some sent, please email Keith and he can co-ordinate things for me.

Oh, yes - one more thing. Our Tornadoes and the Danish (F16s) are in action
along side the U.S.A.F. and U.S.N. RIGHT NOW as we debate shit like US gun law AND OTHER TRITE CRAP that seems to concern you guys. How many families will have their boys come home in a box as mission creep irrevocably sets in ?
Debate that if you can.....

Charlie Farley

Supporter
For once i agree with Lord Morton,
How the hell has US gun control bollocks polluted this thread ?
You all know who you are so, putting it in my best public school accent
( long since deliberately lost )

FUCK OFF

Now, can we return to the threads point...

Howard Jones

Supporter
Jim, I personally know 4 people who were killed on 911 in the north tower. I have never know anyone personally who was killed by a gun except a couple of guys I went to high school with who were killed in Viet Nam. I am fairly certain they died from gunshot wounds.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, I personally know 4 people who were killed on 911 in the north tower. I have never know anyone personally who was killed by a gun except a couple of guys I went to high school with who were killed in Viet Nam. I am fairly certain they died from gunshot wounds.

You are very lucky I have had several family and frends shot!

gun%20and%20terrorism%20graphic.png

This is a discussion about threats, you may want to ignore the greatest threat, I choose to put things into perspective.

Howard you never answered my question, on a Bart trip into SF, what treat to your family would you consider greater:

Isis, terrorists?
Guns?

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Jim, this tread is about ISIS not gun control. Want to discuss gun control? Start a new thread.

Jim do you want me to start a gun control thread for you? It is not about all threats it is about the Islamic state threat singular and not freaking all threats.
For instance you are a threat sometimes to my sanity but I don't post about it in someone else's thread.....OK I just did....sorry Doug.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, you are free do do as you wish....

In this "Isis Threat" thread....

Howard and I are having a discussion about the actual extent of the Isis/terrorist threat and how the Isis/terrorist threat compares to other existing threats.

Pete after looking at the data, which threat to you see causing the most danger to Howards family on a daly basis?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The 3000 killed by terrorists were all done in a day which make the daily total by gun crime look a bit tame.

Bob

Robert, you are absolutly right, that one day 13 years ago was horrific. And yes the one day US gun death toll is much, much less.

But it is EVERY DAY!

On average "only" 87 Americans die from guns daily.

That averages "only" 2,610 US gun deaths per month...

Thats averages only 31,755 US gun deaths per year...

And there have "only" been approximately 412,815 US gun deaths since 9-11...

I can see why you are obsessed about those 3,000 deaths...

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The World is obsessed with those 3000 deaths. The followers of Islam because it was a direct attack on the hated Americans, you saw the celebrations in the streets.
The rest of the world because it showed how vulnerable the world is to a few hate filled determined arseholes who are willing to die for their cause. All graphically bought to us on our T.V. Screens.
To ignore this real threat or to try and somehow trivialise it by calling those who think the threat is real paranoid, is beyond my comprehension. And a little insulting to those 3000.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Well said Pete.
Now all u gun control discussion freaks " go forth and multiply " somewhwere else.
I, along with others, are more concerned with those serving our countries,
and not with self obsessed..... it starts with A , has a hole in the middle and ends with S... three guesses.... :lipsrsealed:

Howard Jones

Supporter
I am more concerned for the safety of my loved ones as follows in order of most concern.

1, Out of control public debt and over regulation supported by liberal commie bastards like husain obama and his party.

2. Same as 1 in California.

3. Total disregard of this country's sovereignty best illustrated by a complete refusal by bob and the demos to enforce border control law. See 5&6 for BART answer.

4. Complete lack of a coherent foreign policy that has resulted in complete disaster in the middle east and eastern Europe.

5. Terrorist attacks here in the US.

6. Scumbag assholes hurting my family.

7. Commie bastards taking my guns away so I can't prevent 6. (ya even on BART)

8. Obama care.

Most of these are completely preventable if the dumb bastards on the left would just wake up. (present company excluded to preserve decorum)

Pat

Supporter
“I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” Mr Obama told CBS News in an interview aired Sunday.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
“I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” Mr Obama told CBS News in an interview aired Sunday.

Isn't that something? It's A-L-W-A-Y-S "he, she, they, them, it" who are responsible for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G BAD, STUPID, or SUBSTANDARD that happens. But, it's A-L-W-A-Y-S "I, me, my, mine" when something acceptable happens.

And another thing...how is it that Obama always seems to be i-g-n-o-r-i-n-g the advice of his advisors and going his own way 'decision-wise'...but, it's the very people he IGNORES who get the blame when the you-know-what hits the fan???

'Unbelievable...

Back