Knock Out Punches!

I accept there may be legs on the transport issue, but, in reality, government has proven before, that it is incapable of running a business.

Energy is now a global commodity. The idea that we could re-nationalise our supplies and run them as anything other than a business, (I don't believe) is realistically viable. That is one clock that cannot be turned back, although the notion my be attractive.

All other examples you cite above, I agree with whole-heartedly

Like you, I speak (and type) without refering to the interweb. My thoughts and opinions alone.

Keith

Re; Energy. I just burn up (great pun you can use it yourself - 3 times only) when commodities vital to life, i.e. light, heat, water are subject to profiteering pressures. The unacceptable face of capitalism.

The food chain is another favourite elephant in my room.

And just because it "may" have failed once - doesn't mean it "will" fail again.

All you need is a Few Good Men. Why don't you volunteer?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re; Energy. I just burn up (great pun you can use it yourself - 3 times only) when commodities vital to life, i.e. light, heat, water are subject to profiteering pressures. The unacceptable face of capitalism.

...and, ergo, greed (which is one of the 7 deadly sins), to wit:

In the Book of Proverbs (Mishlai), King Solomon stated that the Lord specifically regards "six things the Lord hateth, and the seventh His soul detesteth."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

I notice that the 7th is "...Him that soweth discord among brethren", perhaps we should REALLY be worried for the soul of our favorite LB?

Cheers...and as you were! (...or, as I always say, "...onward: through the fog :shocked: )

Dugly

Keith

Well, he doesn't sow any discord amongst this brother brother, and I don't support his brand of politics.

If he sows "discord" isn't it a case of "if the cap fits, wear it?"

Presumably, it takes a "discorder" and a "discordee" to enable discord. If there was no discordant, ergo there would not be discord.

Isn't the discordee half the problem?

Then there's serious discord and mischievous discord. I have always thought that LB's "discording" was more in the realms of mischief. Musicians aren't normally considered to be maladroit are they?

Well, I don't know Doug really, but may order come to any discord you may feel my friend.

And for Christ's sake, don't bring God into it, hasn't he caused enough trouble, sorry, discord?

(Very many words were harmed in the production of this reply)

The food chain is another favourite elephant in my room.

And just because it "may" have failed once - doesn't mean it "will" fail again.

All you need is a Few Good Men. Why don't you volunteer?

Who Sir? Me Sir? Surely not! I could never be considered for such a role. I am not 'good' enough.

The trouble with your view on energy (respectfully) is that light, heat and water are readily available without relying upon the capitalist markets. Just not if you want it all on demand and in quantities so vast that you can willfully waste it.

So to have a system re-designed as you would like, would in my opinion rely completely upon everyone giving up all this BS that we have grown to consider essential.

Last edited:
I will happily give up the interweb, mobile phones, TV and playstations. But not the proper toys Sir, nosiree. But you get my drift.

Ouch! Is some unseen force pricking my voodoo doll again?

...and, ergo, greed (which is one of the 7 deadly sins), to wit:

In the Book of Proverbs (Mishlai), King Solomon stated that the Lord specifically regards "six things the Lord hateth, and the seventh His soul detesteth."

Seven deadly sins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I notice that the 7th is "...Him that soweth discord among brethren", perhaps we should REALLY be worried for the soul of our favorite LB?

Cheers...and as you were! (...or, as I always say, "...onward: through the fog :shocked: )

Dugly

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Then there's serious discord and mischievous discord. I have always thought that LB's "discording" was more in the realms of mischief. Musicians aren't normally considered to be maladroit are they?

He's only here as a troll, Keith (IMHO, of course).

He doesn't post anywhere except the Paddock, or at least hasn't for a long time the last time I cared enough to look.

Mischief....perhaps, but intentionally spreading discord, even in a mischievous manner, certainly does not fall into the category of "honorable" (again, IMHO).

As for God....not necessarily a real advocate here....as for living an honorable life, definitely an advocate. Don't need religion to tell me what's right, most of my decisions are based on the simple question "Is this an honorable act?". If I can't answer "Yes", I try to find a different way to deal with the issue.

MANY a dishonorable act has been committed in the name of religion...the Spanish Inquisition in the name of Christianity, what we see happening nowdays in the name of Islam...the list is too long to imagine.

Is there honor in LB's trolling? I think not......IMHO his only hope is to spread discord among the bretheren here on the forum (and, who knows how many other forums he's on, or how many names he uses for his dastardly deeds....perhaps he's really Oliver, who seemed to redeem himself somewhat the last time he established a membership here, or maybe he's our ol' pal, Meat????).

Cheers!

Doug

One of our "bretheren" PM'd me and said, "I would slash my wrists rather than have to listen to one of Dug's class lectures."

I see what he means.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qga5eONXU_4]Alice Cooper-Schools out - YouTube[/ame]

Keith

Oliver, yes. Another grossly misunderstood brother... :)

I had a few off forum conversations with him, (as I have with Bob) and I found them both to be very amenable and friendly. However, Bob and Oliver are completely unalike.

Oliver was (is?) an Angry Man. Much difficulty was heaped upon him and his world crashed. Bob has a very dry sense of humour - but of course the political things I don't really get.

Did you actually take my post seriously Brother Doug? :stunned:

Just kiddin' :drunk:

Keith

He's only here as a troll, Keith (IMHO, of course).

He doesn't post anywhere except the Paddock, or at least hasn't for a long time the last time I cared enough to look.

Nor do I. I did in the "old" days, but that was before "cheque book motoring"

"She said Bulawayo residents have enough challenges in their day-to-day lives including unemployment and trying to put food on the table for their families without being further asked to remember to flush their toilets at a certain time."

"It will be good for people to follow council orders," said Dube. "People must be tired of burst sewers."

Zimbabwe: Bulawayo urges all to flush together

Keith

Truth is stranger than fiction dept. One of my first jobs at the Ministry was to solve the problem of 2,000 people using the necessary facilities in the same period, around 2am. They were 3 smallish header tanks feeding the toilets and when the water ran out, a mere 12mm inlet tried to cope but failed miserably with dire consequences, hardly the experience you need in such an iconic location. The consequence was, of course, grossly blocked toilets which then flooded at around 6am when the header tanks eventually filled.

I went to the Naval breakers yard in Portsmouth and procured a fibreglass 5,000 litre tank from a frigate and had it shipped to London, bolted a fire pump to it and filled the header tanks in seconds! Of course even the large tank ran down because of the limited water supply, but it lasted all night and filled up all day. So, my first contribution to night-club heaven was that everyone could dump at once.

That's show business, brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

Health Benefits of the Natural Squatting Position

Truth is stranger than fiction dept. One of my first jobs at the Ministry was to solve the problem of 2,000 people using the necessary facilities in the same period, around 2am. They were 3 smallish header tanks feeding the toilets and when the water ran out, a mere 12mm inlet tried to cope but failed miserably with dire consequences, hardly the experience you need in such an iconic location. The consequence was, of course, grossly blocked toilets which then flooded at around 6am when the header tanks eventually filled.

I went to the Naval breakers yard in Portsmouth and procured a fibreglass 5,000 litre tank from a frigate and had it shipped to London, bolted a fire pump to it and filled the header tanks in seconds! Of course even the large tank ran down because of the limited water supply, but it lasted all night and filled up all day. So, my first contribution to night-club heaven was that everyone could dump at once.

That's show business, brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Who is Oliver?

Mark, you don't remember Oliver from when the whole first Roaring Forties fiasco (no reflection on the individuals who ended up buying the business from the foreclosure/bankrupcy proceedings) was going down?

I joined in 2007, I think, and the whole deal was going south when I joined. Oliver seems to have pegged the problem earlier than most others and got sideways with a bunch of the forum members by being insistent that something smelled funny about the situation while RF was still in good standing. It didn't take long for Oliver to be proven correct, with RF folding and leaving a bunch of our forum members holding little more than receipts for all their money. It wasn't pretty and Oliver was quite abusive to many (myself included), both publicly on the forum and privately through PM's. He got himself banned.

I tried to find his info in the members list, but his "Oliver" moniker has magically disappeared. He was also here as "Revilo" during the time when he was banned, didn't take long to figure it out and he was banned again. He finally reappeared a year or two ago under "JohnGT40", I think, or some iteration thereof, claiming to have a temporary membership to sell his RF (which was a very nice piece, indeed, with an awesome induction system, wish I could have afforded it!), and sorta redeemed himself during that presence. I haven't seen him post for quite a while....

Cheers!

Doug

Back