London Riots

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
In a run-down part of East London a fire destroyed a dilapidated four-storey house that had been divided into four flats.

A Nigerian family of six Internet con artists and full time benefit cheats lived on the first floor... all six tragically perished in the fire.

A group of seven Islamic welfare cheats, all illegally in the country, lived on the second floor... they too, all perished in the fire.

Six Albanian, gang banger, ex-cons - all claiming political asylum and living off the state for free, occupied the 3rd floor...they too, died.

But the middle aged British white couple who lived on the top floor miraculously survived the fire.
"

I beg for forgiveness in that the way this post started out, I thought it was a joke...you know..."when they arrived at the pearly gates, they were each ask..." type of thing.

Keith

In a run-down part of East London a fire destroyed a dilapidated four-storey house that had been divided into four flats.

A Nigerian family of six Internet con artists and full time benefit cheats lived on the first floor... all six tragically perished in the fire.

A group of seven Islamic welfare cheats, all illegally in the country, lived on the second floor... they too, all perished in the fire.

Six Albanian, gang banger, ex-cons - all claiming political asylum and living off the state for free, occupied the 3rd floor...they too, died.

But the middle aged British white couple who lived on the top floor miraculously survived the fire.
The Equal Opportunities Commission, Amnesty International, Rights activists, black community leaders and the British Islamic Council were all furious at the apparent racial inequality of the situation.

Why was just the British white couple saved? It was monstrous they claimed, and showed that systemic 'racism' still existed in all areas of public service - questions were raised in the House of Commons, the popular media picked up the story and within hours it was national and indeed international news.

Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, when questioned stated calmly that it would be unwise to jump to conclusions until the Police and Fire Service had completed their report. He closed by stating that he expected their initial assessment to be available within the next 36 hours – so perhaps it would be best to let the experts gather the evidence and report back before he commented any further.
The baying Press pack subsequently reported the interview in such way as to intimate that the Mayor was indifferent to suffering and was out of touch with the feelings of the whole East London community!

A large motorcade of representatives from all five groups, together with the Home Secretary drove to the area, having demanded a meeting with the local chief fire officer. They made sure that a large pack of popular Press and TV had been briefed on the visit and so the motorcade was met by a huge gaggle of journalists, TV interviewers and cameras.

On camera, they loudly demanded to know why the Africans, Black Muslims and Albanians all died in the fire and only the white couple lived.

One bemused chief fire officer quietly replied ...

"Because they were both at work."

What a load of old bollocks. Sorry, I just cannot subscribe to that fiction, and it doesn't belong here..:evil:

If it was a joke i didn't write it, but, i do think it fits in that we have a set of communities who are not protesting but just plain stealing in an very organised method. Yet we have politicians, the media, celebrities and other loud voices telling us its all the governments fault.

I was in Enfield the morning after the riots working with people who had been subjected to violence and looting in their place of work. I can tell you that they were members of the same community, who choose to work hard, scared sh*tless of what the mob were going to do. The strange thing is that McDonalds was right next door and was left untouched, same with Waterstones the book shop, untouched yet it stands next to the empited Currys electrical superstore. If they were worried about lack of education and opportunity atleast rob the book store for something that might help give you a leg up. They never touched McDonalds because where would they have got breakfast the following morning?

Where was the protest? If these people are really upset about something why aren't they wandering around with placards and marching on Parliament like everyone else with a grievance. Riot and loot the West End at the same time i could vaguely understand, but, using social networks to target all the shopping areas where the police aren't stationed is just plain robbery.

It annoys the hell out of me that Lord Sugar, the media and most others want to politcise this. Government cuts haven't effected these communities yet, these people were born to never get jobs and have careers so lack of opportunity is all they know, and mostly all they want. Half the looters weren't from these deprivied backgrounds anyway. They all try to say they want what the rich people have got, well like the joke says if they went and did something constructive maybe they'd get some reward.

The truth is there are jobs for most people, immigrants only have a lot of the jobs because the rioters and looters are the type of people who want to be picky about what they do. Polish immigrants work hard, eat lunch while they work and will do what you ask of them. Can you imagine any of these rioters doing anyone of those three things let alone all of them.

The joke therefore is not out of place at all because it points out very well that you get breaks in life when you work for them and if you want to break the law and try for an easy ride it'll come back to you someday.

Now that the scene has calmed, the tables are turning;

In the most recent 'spurs game, they waz robbed.....

Come on Keith, you're with me aren't you?

I think there will be several sort punishments...
you can just take something with you like most did? and or also did the brake in and damaged goods etc and or hurt people or threaten them etc I guess.

Keith

Well I think the harshest sentence I heard was that the (alleged) and subsequently convicted perp got a 4 bedroom house in Hertfordshire (with a stable block and exercise yard) and the mildest punishment was a vacation in Lanzarote with all expenses paid for 8 family members. Beyond that, I don't know, sorry...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Re: London Riots and How it Affects the Olympics

2012 Stratford Olympics
OPENING CEREMONY

The flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native of the
area, in the traditional dress of balaclava and shell suit. The flame
will be contained in a large overturned Police van situated on the roof
of the stadium.

THE EVENTS
In previous Olympic Games, East London 's competitors have not been
particularly successful. In order to redress the balance, some of the
events have been altered slightly to the advantage of local athletes.

100 METRES SPRINT
Competitors will have to hold a DVD player and microwave oven (one in
each arm) and on the sound of the starting pistol, a Police dog will be
released from a cage 10 meters behind the athletes.

110 METRES HURDLES
As above but with added obstacles (i.e. car bonnets, hedges, garden
fences, walls etc)

HAMMER
Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to use
(claw, sledge etc) the winner will be the one who can cause the most
physical damage within three timed attempts.

FENCING
Entrants will be asked to dispose of as many stolen goods as possible in
5 minutes.

SHOOTING
A strong challenge is expected from local men in this event. The first
target will be a moving police van. In the second round, competitors
will aim at a post office clerk, bank teller or Securicor-style
Cash-in-transit guard. The traditional .22 rifle has been replaced in
this event by a choice of either a Mac 10 or Sawn-off 12-bore shotgun.

BOXING
Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband and wife teams, and
will take place on a Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pints of
lager while the wife will be told not to make him any tea when he gets
home. The bout will then commence.

CYCLING TIME TRIALS
Competitors will be asked to break into the University bike shed and
take an expensive mountain bike owned by some mummy's boy on his first
trip away from home. All against the clock.

CYCLING PURSUIT
As above, but the bike will be owned by a visiting member of the
Australian rugby team, who will witness the theft.

MODERN PENTATHLON
Amended to include mugging, breaking and entering, flashing, joyriding,
arson and generally hanging around.

SWIMMING EVENTS
All waterways are currently being tested for toxicity levels, once one
is found that can support human life, swimming events will be organized.
Please note that the Synchronized Swimming event for this year will
comprise of dropping acid and watching all the funky ripples on the
pool, the specific musical support to this event will be provided by
"The Verve".

THE MARATHON
A safe route has yet to be decided.

MEN'S 50KM WALK
Unfortunately this will have to be cancelled as the Police cannot
guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of East London ,
especially anyone that appears to be mincing.

THE CLOSING CEREMONY
Entertainment will include formation rave dancing by members of the
Stratford Health in the Community anti-drug campaigners, synchronized
rock throwing, and music by the Ilford community choir featuring the So
Solid Crew.

The flame will be extinguished by police riot water cannon following the
inevitable pitch invasion by confused West Ham organised hooliganism
club. The stadium itself will then be boarded up before the local
athletes break into it and remove all the copper piping and the central
heating boiler.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Watch the Notting Hill Carnival next.
They interviewed the leader of the "carneevaal" on London News tonight. He didn't know to the nearest thousand how many police would be on duty (all paid for on overtime by you and me), he mentioned he would have extra stewards - "carneevaal stewards anay" on duty in the afternoon of the "carneevaal"
"How many stewards? fifty? a hundred? "
"I donno tilde caarnivaal" and the interviewer pointed out the carnival starts at 0900 hrs. "ok. Thank you man" he quips.
A really impressive leader ofde caarnivaal.
He went on muttering he had the written aggreement of "allde caarnevaal intraants" such as the Masqueradors, the Brixtoners, ...........oh dear. Poor deluded idiot.
His only chance is if it rains on the day. Notting Hill will be wrecked which may put paid to this carnival nonsense forever.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I was hearing that the sentencing for various acts during the riots (both directly and indirectly) has caused a bit of a stir in it severity and/or lack of consistency. Quite an interesting month thus far.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Far be it for me to suggest that the judiciary have been influenced by the government but that is the truth. I'ts a no mercy /no leniency policy that is being asked for by Cameron and so far he is getting what he wants. I agree with the sentencing in many ways but I don't like the government leaning on the courts.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From the Daily Telegraph yesterday:

This isn't a carnival, it's a police state

By Damian Thompson Politics Last updated: August 19th, 2011
936 Comments Comment on this article

Screen-Shot-2011-08-19-at-22.20.051.png

Carnival, 2008: sometimes you really need all those coppers (Photo: PA)

From Saturday’s Daily Telegraph
Next weekend, I shall be living in a police state. There will be policemen at either end of my little street, policemen on duty outside my local pub, policemen guarding the entrance to the supermarket. If I go to the shops and plan to return to my flat by anything other than the circuitous “official” route, I’ll have to show my local residents’ ID to one of the 5,000 police officers patrolling the neighbourhood.
You see, I live in Notting Hill and it’s Carnival time again. And what a special Carnival it promises to be, coming less than a month after street gangs attacked shops and restaurants bang in the middle of the parade route. Members of those gangs will be back for “Europe’s largest fun-filled event”, as the BBC wants us to think of it. That’s why this year the cost of policing it will approach £10 million for the first time.
I don’t want to sound like a killjoy. There’s plenty of fun to be had at the Carnival, as revellers glug their way through 25,000 bottles of rum to the accompaniment of dozens of screaming sound systems. But that fun comes at a price, believe me. You should read the surveyor’s report on our house. I’ve just forked out 12 grand to fortify walls loosened by the pulsating throb of the Carnival. Or “Carnivaaal”, as right-on folk pronounce it.
It’s not the event I hate so much as the multi-culti fantasy that’s been constructed around it. Here’s the biggest lie: that the Carnival “brings together” 500,000 young white and black people. Nonsense: they’re only really brought together by the unofficial kettling produced when five streams of partygoers barge into each other at the junction of Westbourne Grove and Chepstow Road.
Two groups stand out. There are the kids whose families live locally and have actually been to the Caribbean. All of them are white: the so-called “OK-Yahdies” who go to Antigua at Christmas and grow dreadlocks during their gap year. Then there are the black kids, most of whom live a long Tube ride away from Notting Hill and can’t afford to visit the West Indies.
There’s not much inter-racial banter, unless you count public schoolboys bargaining over the price of a spliff or elderly white diversity officers forcing their “outreach” on black youths. People may drift around but, my goodness, you know when you’re crossing from one sector into another: think late-Forties Berlin. The atmosphere is certainly tense enough – though for some visitors, the edginess is part of the appeal. And 2011 promises to be particularly edgy.
The truth is that the damn thing should have been moved to Hyde Park years ago: it was the only sensible plan Ken Livingstone ever came up with. Perhaps it might have been, if it hadn’t been for the cheerleading of the BBC, which refuses to deviate from its script for the Carnival. I’ve just watched an item on its website which rounds up local shopkeepers to say how bloody marvellous the festival is, and of course there won’t be any trouble etc. Only in the last few seconds of the report do we hear that “some traders do have reservations and didn’t even appear confident enough to appear on camera for fear of prompting trouble”.
An interesting choice of words, don’t you think? If you’re a scared shopkeeper who speaks out, then you’re guilty of “prompting” rioters to smash in your windows, or worse. That’s rich coming from the BBC, several of whose senior executives live in Notting Hill. But then again, something tells me that very few of them will be at home on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the multicultural fun.

Back