Lost a good friend..Joe Tavani

It's horrible to think this has happened around Christmas but you have to look at it the other way, at least they both (Jon and Doc's mum) got to SPEND their last Christmas with the people that care about them.

Still not what you want but I am glad they were able to share Christmas one last time, my condolences to both.

It's also very hard to deal with the fact that someone can go from perfectly healthy to not being with you any more in such a short space of time, a friend of a friend died last year within 4 days of catching a rare skin disease, he went from perfectly healthy to having to be put under a coma to never coming back.

It was incredibly hard to deal with.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Doc and Friends and Family of Joe Tavani - I am deeply sorry for the losses you've had.. However - it does sound like Doc's mother and Joe were very good people who have left their indelible mark of goodness on many many lives...

May they rest in peace...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Fran, remember propping up the hotel bar in Birmingham after one of those car shows i helped you out at ? Joe was there too.
Joe had some great stories to tell and i'm sure we both remember him as a very warm human being, never too busy to offer help.
This sums him up.....
whilst helping him push his T70 roller onto his trailer , i mistook his instructions
and let it roll slightly back, trapping his foot. After a very long and tiring day,
it would have been entirely understandable if he had sworn at me.
Instead, he started laughing and did a short silly dance with his foot still stuck. Great guy, please pass on my condolences.

Doc, sorry to hear of your loss.

Fran and Doc.....the only words that come to mind are these:

"If loved could have saved them I'm sure they would have lived forever" I'm sorry to hear of your repsective losses.

Thanks to all for your sentiments. Now, back to work on your cars!

Yes, I cried like a baby. You're never too old as a child to grieve for the loss of a parent.

I too was saddened to hear about your friends passing, as well Doc about your Mum. I too know what its like to loose Parents and close friends.Our memory of them however will remain with us for eternity.

My condolences to all as having a loved one pass is inevitable.

I only met Joe once as I was across the pond at a funeral and had the opportunity to view his RCRT70 and his Costin in his new shop.

He was a person who enjoyed and worked towards his dreams.

Respectfully
Mark

Back