N E W Superlight cars from R.C.R

Fran I think your cars are masterpieces and the engine choice for this is just superb. The Lexus V8 is just sublime and (maybe) one of the best engines since the British Ford Cosworth DFV. Apart from F1 engines are there any that could be used as a structural member that would be economically worthwhile?

BruceB

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
I just don't know what to say - as Brett said I think I need to win the lottery.:D

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
The roadster roller is $16,000 minus drivetrain but including the new Digidash light dash...with a choice of nosecone/fender options.
The Coupe is $44,995 as a Deluxe Plus package with the datalogging dash as shown.

So the roadster is going to be offered as a roller only huh? Pretty much any laterally mounted 4 cylinder will fit, am I correct? What brakes are you using, the Wilwoods? Sounds like I may have a winner here... This thing sounds like a more affordable Atom, but built by someone we all like!! Win win situation in my book. Haha

Last edited:
Fran, is the Superlight Coupe available with air conditioning? or would it be possible to install airconditioning at all? it would make the car much more suitable for everyday road use.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
The roadster is sold as a roller...but just like our other cars...not completed ...ready for your own fit and finish...almost any transverse FWD engine package will fit

The Coupe comes with AC as do our other Deluxe plus kits....

The Ebay Subaru package would not work in the roadster but it will drop right into the Coupe and be a really tunable affordable alternative....

2 wonderful cars, Fran..as usual.
In the P I only would like to have really larger tyres...but thats my very personal "prototype" taste.

The spyder is too nice, reminds me a lot the Ariel atom series, but your is nicer (what kind of engines can it fit?).

wonderful jobs, really:rolleyes:

Attachments

• twintech-v.jpg
    twintech-v.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Ariel_Atom_2_2.jpg
    Ariel_Atom_2_2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,211
I know the Twintech guys quite well.....I have seen their car close up.In fact Dave Piontek will be coming by later this week to have us look at a little project...
Paolo...any FWD drive engine/trans package and only $16,000 for the roller as opposed to $50-70,000 for the completed Atom.

Fran,
The year I don't go to Carlisle is the year that you blow the doors off the place, I just wanted to say thanks guy.

On a more to the point I am just astounded at the work that you are doing and the number of projects that you have going but now it's time to get serious about the RCR904 before you are completely swamped with orders for the other projects.

Peter

I don't see any cup holders there.

What superb design, engineering, and construction. You are an inspiration to the industry, Fran.

And there should be a swag of your 40's complete and racing soon, which will give useful suspension design (geometry) feedback.

Cheers,

Dalton

Cheers,

Dalton

Thanks for the compliments guys.....its very nerve racking to go out on a limb as I have done for the past two years and try developing something new.....especially as I am an enthusiast first and a businessman second...

The RCR mono cars and now the new Superlight range is the culmination of a major dream in such a tainted World....

I still have a hard time when I am in the shop and look around and realise what we have been able to achieve

I am very grateful to the good guys that I have on the RCR team and also the support of many friends on this forum...

Thank you all...even the guys that give me a hard time once in a while...:)
This is a tough industry and demands your undivided attention to make it all happen...I also really do appreciate the patience of some RCR customers whilst we develop the best product we can....I know its not always easy but we work hard every day to keep raising the bar.

There will be a acid test this coming weekend as Ron McCall will have his completed RCR40 at Pocono along with his buddy that runs a Safir MkV track car.....having been in Rons car I am sure he will have good 'ole time.

Last edited:
Fran

You got to burn with a real passion to create the type of products which RCR make. Good luck to you and I look forward to getting my own RCR40 just as soon as the house move is out the way. Good to catch up with you yesterday.

Best luck - John

Back