RCR's Next car should be.....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ian,

as a young school boy I remember reading a box called "Speed six"..it was story of the Blower Bentley boys at Le Mans in the 20's and 30's.....I loved that book and those cars....

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Out in Rhodesia as it was back then I read the same book. (Loved the bit when the mechanic dug it out of the sand and drove back to the pits in 1 gear because he could not reach the pedals / gear.

Imagine my delight when a mate at school invited me around and his dad was a vintage nut - he had 13 in his collection.
See if my memory still works
Bentley 4.5l
Daimler Straight six with contra moving sleaves - you could not tel the engine was running
Austin7
2 Indian Scouts I rode both
Scott Motorcycle (I rode this before he sold it to the UK and it was a pig to ride!)
Rugby camper
Morgan 3 weeler
4 Model T's including a very rare wood back pick up
But I can't remember the last one.

But the ride in the Bentley remains at the top of the memory list.

I wonder where all the cars are now with Zimbabwe being in such a shitty state.

Ian

This my choise....................Vic

Attachments

• IM000662.jpg
    IM000662.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 984
Looks like the P4/5.

I saw this car at Monterey last year. As I understand, it is actually built by Pininfarina, not by Ferrari, but it is on an Enzo platform. Fran, if you build this car, I will definately buy it!

David

David,

In case you didn't realize, Jim Glickenhaus (the owner of P4/5), is an active member here :)

Fran,

My vote is for the Jaguar XJR-9 or XJR-15 :)

And, although the 1978 Corvette (or any production Corvette) would not be fitting, I find the
idea of an Aerovette replica, complete with transverse mounted 327 sidewinder engine
intriguing (though ditch the Toronado transaxle).

IanK

"although the 1978 Corvette (or any production Corvette) would not be fitting"

Maybe, but the car below w/all the door handles, external mirrors, bumpers, chrome, etc. removed would look VERY hot.

Attachments

• Corvette1963.jpg
    Corvette1963.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 942
Paul, there is a company that already makes this car with an updated frame, they also offer a GTP bodied 'corvette'. get your checkbook out.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
There are actually three companies making the GrandSport....and I heard rumours of another one about to enter the fray...

Fran,
You are no doubt pleased and gratified that we are going to such lengths to line up new projects (read "work") for you. It is good to get a feel for the market out there, but some suggestions are a bit frightening.
I'm sure you'll manage to keep busy somehow,

Dalton

Paul, there is a company that already makes this car with an updated frame, they also offer a GTP bodied 'corvette'. get your checkbook out.

There are actually three companies making the GrandSport....and I heard rumours of another one about to enter the fray...

Yeah, I hear you. It's just that I've always felt that the GS was a little over the top in the styling dept. It's the "classic" split window stingRay that I like.

And, yes, I would want it on a modern chassis w/a modern powerplant. I want the car to be engineered to drive - accelerate, turn & stop - like the rest of Fran's cars.

Thanks for reading my rants...

-P

A 250GTO that is not based on a Z car!!!!

RCR 250 GTO....does have a nice ring to it. And I bet that you would make sell more than 39 of them!

Actually Fran, you continue to amaze us with your products, keep up the good work!

GENTELMEN: I repeat again..THIS is the only car needed for FRAN's re-production skills. It will make the basic COBRA and "others" look like a 1958 Nash Rambler...

Attachments

• Ferrari 250  Test Front end.jpg
    Ferrari 250 Test Front end.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 863
From ancient memory I think the last guys making accurate 250GTO reps in the UK were forced to destroy the moulds while the men in red watched.

Looking at his work I think Frans next project should be 2 weeks in Cancun as clearly he deserves it.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks....
Actually ...one week in Chicago with my wonderful wife and kids next week.....cant wait....they are so used to hanging in Europe with my family on vacation, but I want them to appreciate some cool American culture too.....Museum, Art galleries etc etc ...New York later in the Year too....

no cell phone and no computer...not that I dont love you guys but ............!!!!!!

Personally I think those 'pontoon' TR250's etc are ugly as- in the same basket as the Nash/Rambler. The TR500-625 etc are much nicer!

Jac Mac

I'm getting in on this late, but I do like the looks of the red 68 race car. I assume it's a Ferrari, but I don't really keep up with them. The car in the gravel was id'd as a Chevron, anybody know what the red car is?

Back