RCR's Next car should be.....

I'd still like Fran to stick a Muira SV or Jota body on his alloy GT40 chassis. I know another crowd is trying to make a Muira, but as far as I know they're stuffing it up. You could stick with V8 power, but it wouldn't have to be Ford. Doesn't need to be transverse either.

This seems to be a common thing to do, on a local tour with our car club we came across a bunch of Kiwi's doing just that, i have not heard if it got finished, but when you own a huge factory full of cnc gear i guess it makes it easier,the machining was a thing of beauty to behold.

regards
Lambo

Attachments

• IMG_7777 (Large).jpg
    IMG_7777 (Large).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,091
  • IMG_7778 (Large).jpg
    IMG_7778 (Large).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_7779 (Large).jpg
    IMG_7779 (Large).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_7784 (Large).jpg
    IMG_7784 (Large).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7785 (Large).jpg
    IMG_7785 (Large).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,029
is this a motorcycle parts based v8? Looks pretty nice! I always thought it would be cool to do that with Honda s2000 heads. 4.0L v8 with around 500hp? hmmmmm........

By the look of the arrows in the third shot, are they are planning on running 2 cranks driving an output shaft?

The Radical one has its own crank.

.. I guess what they are doing is cheaper... with the injection facing to the centre, one of the engines is spinning in reverse. How were they planning on getting over the cam issues?

Bored at work here..... but they could even straighten the blocks up (so its more like a H than a V) and put a gearbox in the centre. God knows what for - but I guess you could.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I saw a write up about the Cylcone one I posted about last week

It was 2 Yamaha 1 litre engines grafted together torun on the single crank

Rods were machined to get all 8 in there

The timing gear was run on one bank direct from the crank and on the other through a simple gear running from the crank to reverse the rotation

Much more than that I cannot remember but the article was in one of the 2 UK Kit Car magazines so if someone has a collection perhaps thay can copy and post

Oh yes they ran carbs at first and then got EFi running (with help from Yamaha) and they even experimented with a twin turbo unit - numbers of 450hp from 2 litres rings a bell

Ian

Crafty, good to see you on this forum. I am an avid Ultima Forum reader, but rarely post there.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Cool project....

I had a meeting a few weeks ago with a company manufacturing composite/aluminum honeycomb .....incredibly light and rigid stuff....it has certainly got my wheels turning....rockonsmile

I 'rescued' and seafreighted back to Oz a large chunk of the nose of one of the Lolas that ran in Le Mans in 1993. It's carbon, honeycomb and then kevlar. Nothing like having something like this in your hands to see how it goes together. Nothing like being in its pit for most of the race either! I'll have to scan some pics and post them in the appropriate forums (forua? fora?)

Cool project....

I had a meeting a few weeks ago with a company manufacturing composite/aluminum honeycomb .....incredibly light and rigid stuff....it has certainly got my wheels turning....rockonsmile

Hey Fran,

We've used a bit on construction projects.... good stuff with a load of good structural sealant/adhesive products to go with it... downside is that it needs to be all flat panels, curves are not easy.

Back