RCR's Next car should be.....

Are their any restrictions for a fan car for street legal uses?
-Theon

I would figure that any dust or sand on the road would become interesting. Also, I don't know how the spring rates would work. You would need stiff springs for when the fan is on, but they would be overly stiff if the fan were off. There's also the issue of sound. Running the fan at full rpm would probably sound like a small plane and would be quite loud.

Getting man-hole covers stuck in the fan ducting could also be a problem. Which would be a little annoying.

as my favorit is still the Lola mk6 GT (1963)

Lola-Mk6-GT-Ford_4.jpg

I also have this candidat, but I guess its hard to make a replica of it since they are hard to find, they made only a handfull I believe.

Maybe it was brought up here before? anyway this is the lovely
Yamaha OX99-11
normaly it uses a very high reving V12 around 10.000rpm! but they also have made a early V8 version of it.

4.jpg

3.jpg

800px-Yamaha_OX99-11_front.jpg

you are driving in the middle of the car ala mac F1

794px-Yamaha_OX99-11_cockpit.jpg

autowp.ru_yamaha_ox99-11_1.jpg

special car.

RCR's next car should be based on the current Lotus chassis and include mounting points for an LS-7 and Ricardo gearbox and the needed bodywork to cover it.

Hennesy has done this but they are not going to make it fly like Fran could.

I agree with the Lotus Elise or Exige chassis type, additionally it would be nice to have roll up windows!!!!

I couldnt find my original post in this thread. But I swore I suggested a 962:thumbsup: Then low and behold I hear Fran has one in the works. Oh google 'corvette C7R' Mid engine badness!

I have dreams of building something with the proportions of the Saleen S7 or the Mosler MT900. Both cars command a huge presence and I think a competitor with the RCR build quality behind it would be ideal. I also like the simple yet crisp interior of the S7, much better for a street car/supercar.

Is the S7 still at your shop? It may be too much to ask for but what are the chances of getting some photos of the S7 next to an SL-C?

How about a ferrari 512S? Pretty nice looking car, similar dimensions to a 917, looks nicer than a P3 in my opinion, helluva great race car.

You could put an old 365 V12 carb'd engine back there and have a really fun track day car. Some folks might even try to call it "vintage" and race it next to the $2MM originals and win.

Ferrari 512 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• S7304630_Medium.jpg
    S7304630_Medium.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 4,209
  • S7304625_Medium.jpg
    S7304625_Medium.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,128
  • S7304632_Medium.jpg
    S7304632_Medium.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,169
  • S7304638_Medium.jpg
    S7304638_Medium.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,431
  • S7304642_Medium.jpg
    S7304642_Medium.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,168
Very cool!

A few years ago a local fellow that owns an S7 was in the middle of some sort of dispute with Saleen over a minor warranty issue when one of the large seasonal car shows was scheduled, and his Saleen was contracted to be in the show, along with the same fellows Ford GT [ the new GT ] It was so petty, he DID bring the Saleen for exhibit as he had agreed to do, but to diminish the presence, he took blue masking tape and covreed over all the branding and logos in real sloppy manner. Of course this became the source of a LOT of questions that were answered with all the details of the fellows dispute with the Saleen company, and how by comparison, FORD was so good with customer service and giving him all the hand holding he wanted...Kinda sad that a small issue had to have been aired in such a public manner...I don't know how the issue was ever resolved, but I kind of remember it was over some trivial interior trim that just needed to be re-glued or something else small that any owner should just do DIY and get over...In Saleen's defence, it is very difficult to justify sending a man out to repair a triviality with no 'nearby dealer' to perform the simple fix. The real irony of the silly issue with the Saleen was that only a short time later Ford ordered all the GTs off the street and to be "not driven at all" until a major structural element could be 'recalled and redone'....He was making such a fuss over almost nothing and his GT next to it had a hidden major structural flaw yet to be disclosed [ and to Ford's credit, fixed in a very timely manner]

Most of us here on this forum are capable people that handle tools and can actually build and repair things,....and I would imagine most of you are the type, that like me, would rather just get a tube of glue or some loc-tite or whatever supplies, and simply go about fixin whatever minor thing pops up without the kind of silly public display that this local guy put on at the car show ...I sure felt sorry for Steve having to deal with a client like that.

If given a choice to take home either one, I would choose the SLC, but if the S7 just appeared in my driveway with a clear title, I would certainly enjoy it too....by to be honest, by real interest lies in the late 60s and early 70s cars...and thank goodness Fran has us well covered in that arena!
Jennifer

Very cool!

A few years ago a local fellow that owns an S7 was in the middle of some sort of dispute with Saleen over a minor warranty issue when one of the large seasonal car shows was scheduled, and his Saleen was contracted to be in the show, along with the same fellows Ford GT [ the new GT ] It was so petty, he DID bring the Saleen for exhibit as he had agreed to do, but to diminish the presence, he took blue masking tape and covreed over all the branding and logos in real sloppy manner. Of course this became the source of a LOT of questions that were answered with all the details of the fellows dispute with the Saleen company, and how by comparison, FORD was so good with customer service and giving him all the hand holding he wanted...Kinda sad that a small issue had to have been aired in such a public manner...I don't know how the issue was ever resolved, but I kind of remember it was over some trivial interior trim that just needed to be re-glued or something else small that any owner should just do DIY and get over...

So let me get this straight...he pays $450,000 for a car and an issue that's under warranty is trivial? Excuse me? I don't care if it was just trim or "whatever" it's on a very expensive exotic car that has a WARRANTY. It should have been resolved in a heartbeat! Had Saleen done the right thing, there would have been no need to get "petty" and stage a label protest using his car that was giving Saleen good press. It's called brand promotion and any company providing goods of this caliber had better maintain high standards if they want to continue selling mega-bucks cars.

In Saleen's defence, it is very difficult to justify sending a man out to repair a triviality with no 'nearby dealer' to perform the simple fix. The real irony of the silly issue with the Saleen was that only a short time later Ford ordered all the GTs off the street and to be "not driven at all" until a major structural element could be 'recalled and redone'....He was making such a fuss over almost nothing and his GT next to it had a hidden major structural flaw yet to be disclosed [ and to Ford's credit, fixed in a very timely manner]

First of all, Saleen wouldn't need defending if their company had done a proper job of satisfying the warranty work. Again, ANY component on a $450,000 car with a warranty is something that needs to be addressed ASAP...otherwise they don't deserve to continue selling cars with outrageous pricetags. It's a PRIVILEGE to sell high-caliber cars to wealthy enthusiasts and collectors, not a RIGHT. Those buyers do have a RIGHT to have a properly functioning and assembled vehicle.

And only GT's before a certain chassis number had the potentially faulty squeeze-cast suspension arms. Those that did received billet replacements, rather than mothballing them for months before they could be driven again. THAT is customer service! And that's on a car that's "only" $150,000. Damn straight that's how you handle a halo-car...if Saleen had any clue how to do this properly he wouldn't have had to sell off the company that he built, only to come back with a new company providing the same services.

Most of us here on this forum are capable people that handle tools and can actually build and repair things,....and I would imagine most of you are the type, that like me, would rather just get a tube of glue or some loc-tite or whatever supplies, and simply go about fixin whatever minor thing pops up without the kind of silly public display that this local guy put on at the car show ...I sure felt sorry for Steve having to deal with a client like that.

Poor Steve...boohoo, he couldn't manage to get the details sorted on an outrageously expensive halo-car that was getting him ungarnered attention and sales. Too bad he bungled it by not taking issues like these seriously. Ask Fran about the S7 that he has in his shop for "upgrades". :rolleyes:

If given a choice to take home either one, I would choose the SLC, but if the S7 just appeared in my driveway with a clear title, I would certainly enjoy it too....by to be honest, by real interest lies in the late 60s and early 70s cars...and thank goodness Fran has us well covered in that arena!
Jennifer

Fran is the perfect example of how to run a car company and provide service for those cars. Steve Saleen...not so much.

:sad:I did not know that Steve sold off the Saleen car company. I simply don't follow that 'brand' as I did not have much interest in the cars, let alone the prospects of ownership. Now I am beginning to see a larger picture here...I'll have to goggle about some and catch up on the history of what happened that I missed...

:shy:Kudos to Ford for addressing the issue with the GT suspension as quickly as they did...IMHO, It would be nice if the GT was still in production..As far as I know, the car was selling well, in spite of the poor general economy, and our local Ford dealer, 'Nancy's Ford', that stocked the GT, was saying that Ford was not loosing money on them...I wonder if this was true or not? In any event, I guess the closure of the GT line might help keep some additional interest in the replica car market, especially turn key providers, though I doubt that there would actually be much overlap in the demographics of the buyer of the "modern" GT, and the buyer of the physically smaller original pattern GT40...

:laugh:A few years ago an episode of "Rides" on TV covered the prototyping of a modern Cobra-like car by the special vehicle department at Ford...It seemed logical that it would go into production when they quit making the GT. The one-off was built to full running capability with fully developed tooling suitable for small run production. ..and then the economy crashed!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Saleen sold the company and it has been bought and sold at least twice more since....
He even tried to sue to stop one of the lastest owners from using the name "Saleen"....what a boob....

what about a modern Ford GT replica, and make it a little bit more compact ala GT40.
compared to the GT40 they are a bit longer, that I do not like that much, but the rear is very nice and the wind-down side-windows etc are nice, its a bit more usable I guess? but the weight is a lot more then the GT40, so there is a lot to do to get that down too.

I also found another Nissan that I forgot to mention, the R390 looks very nice at the front

nissan_r390_gt4_front_blue_2006_a.jpg

from aside its a bit stretched...I like the more compact and wide cars.

nissan_r390_gt4_blue_2006.jpg

Back