RCR's Next car should be.....

I dont really have a specific car named but would a car that is more daily driving friendly but is still nice looking and have good performance too would probably make alot of people happy. A cup holders and some trunk space would be nice too. keep the price completed price around 35 or 40 thousand for the average build and you could probably sell quite a few.

I dont really have a specific car named but would a car that is more daily driving friendly but is still nice looking and have good performance too would probably make alot of people happy. A cup holders and some trunk space would be nice too. keep the price completed price around 35 or 40 thousand for the average build and you could probably sell quite a few.

That's called a used corvette :laugh:

On our carforum driving-fun.com I saw another lovely Alfa that could be replicated, a bit like the T70 lola spider but then a bit more special.

21231.jpg

or something like This Alfa TZ2

21256.jpg

21267.jpg

this is also a beauty, never seen it before

21237.jpg

21255.jpg

and there was also a mk2 GT40, but that is already replicated :D

21233.jpg

Driving-Fun.com » Concours d

the rest of the pictures of a concours de elegance.

How about Alfa T-33/3 coupe?
Rarer than even 312P Ferrari, as this Alfa was the only one of its kind made in closed form.
Belonged to a friend of mine here in OZ for many years, now the car is in the USA.
Always had ambitions to to own it, but I'd need to win the lottery twice!
However, I do have a couple of suitable Alfa quad cam V8s of the 70's sitting on the floor without a car to put in......

I had never seen it, but it does look nice...

Fran, How about a Pantera………………… The Pantera body and Fran’s chassis would be killer.

Like Jim said on Post #88 “Pantera”

Like Dan M said on Post #302 “How about a modern Pantera” I liked his the concept on his post.

Like Pantera1889 said on Past #506 “The next RCR car should definitely be a Pantera GT5-S” and I really like the Red Pantera on his post.

Like Dalton said on Post # 509 “I really like the tough style of the Pantera. Unfortunately, I would need both legs amputated at the knee to be able to drive one. However, I'm sure a replica by Fran would be more user friendly with extended footwells.

Like Randy Lee said on Post #511 “The Pantera would be closer than any of the others to something I would be interested in”.

Like Roark_John said on Post # 1078 “Fran...I would love to see a nicely done Pantera GT5 replica. Play with the layout a tad so that the Italian driving "position" goes away (arms straight out, legs splayed)...I'll drop the new 5.0 BOSS engine in and back it up with a Ricardo”.

And then Fran said in Post #1144 “I do have a complete set of Pantera body moulds along with the GP5 flares, rear wing and front spoiler ...nobody has mentioned building one of those as an RCR from memory...”

And Mike Blair stated on Post #1146 “Okay Now someone is mentioning it. I love the Pantera body as do a lot of folks. Now put that body on the RCR guts would be something I would certianly be interested in. How can one go wrong with the Italian body/Detroit lump formula. No need for an expensive exotic drivetrain as it was always ment to be. Heck it sounds like you are already half way there (Well almost)”

And Roark_John said in Post #1147 “An all aluminum chassis with improved ergos would make for an AWESOME Pantera...either Vette pieces for suspension or SLC pieces...LS engines and or Modular V8s for the Ford crowd. I know I'd buy one in a heartbeat”

To go a step further with the project making the front end one piece and tilting forward and the rear clip one piece and tilting back would be way cool. With the back tilting it would allow for easier work on the engine and a bigger WOW factor.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
There's just one thing I don't get about this Pantera thing... unlike a GT40, 917, P4, XJ13.... There are Panteras all over the place and you can buy one for less than one of Fran's kits cost. What am I missing???

There's just one thing I don't get about this Pantera thing... unlike a GT40, 917, P4, XJ13.... There are Panteras all over the place and you can buy one for less than one of Fran's kits cost. What am I missing???

The Pantera was a great car but was compromised in a lot of ways, some because of Ford cutting corners. One being the one piece body/chassis, it is weak in torsion and made from steel, many cars have a lot of rust to deal with etc...etc....etc.... The car is 40 years old with 40 year old technology and therefore a lot of money will be spent getting it on the road. A very nice example cost $80K, it will need no work BUT will never perform like a new car. An example in need of being rebuilt will cost $35K, pulling it down and rebuilding will cost another $35K or more.

A nicely done updated body on one of Fran's SLC chassis would be killer... IMHO.

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
I saw some awesome Pantera pics on Aquila's webpage.

PS does anyone do Porsche 911 GT1 replicas, one offs etc? All I've seen so far is a body kit for a regular 996/997.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
What about the "other" DeTomaso classic, the Mangusta?

Certainly not as plentiful as Panteras (only 400 made, and maybe 200 still around). A curvy body that has no bad angles whatsoever, Ford/ZF powertrain, but with plenty of space back there to fit nearly anything else.

The original car purportedly suffered from chassis flex, and needed suspension improvements with larger/fatter wheels & rubber. All easily doable today.

For a new more contemporary design, I'd get rid of the rear gullwing engine access doors and just make the whole rear section a clamshell ala GT40. But that's just me.

Attachments

• 500x_mangusta1.jpg
    500x_mangusta1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 500x_mangusta2.jpg
    500x_mangusta2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 448
  • 61904sull71.jpg
    61904sull71.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 288
  • DTM69_Red4.jpg
    DTM69_Red4.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 61904sull43.jpg
    61904sull43.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 438
I don't think this one has been suggested yet. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

BMW Nazca C2

flickr-4771784173-hd.jpg

I could see dropping a S62 in one of these.

Back