Real names ? Rule 2

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thanks to Ron & all the moderators that keep this forum going.

Rule 2, or to be accurate, the 'interpretation' of said rule has reared its head on a couple of other threads recently.

To prevent further confusion, bad feelings etc. should we now clarify rule 2 to state 'first name & surname' ?

I personally read rule 2 as 'meaning' full name (as per Rons sticky #2) but
I'm not really worried & do not have an axe to grind with anyone over this.

Maybe clarification could put this to bed for ever. I know it does bother some people on here.

Over to you for consideration, Regards Steve

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Use ones last name on the net? Noooooo thank you...

The corporation I work for frowns severly in regard to its employees either being involved in public forums as well as social media. Use of such media at work is strictly forbidden.
Since my last name is associated to the corp, I don't use my last name nor do I disclose the corporation I work for.

My full name is Jack Mehoff. Nice to meet you!

Jeeze Mike.. Really? :sad:

It is nice to be able to address people by name rather than cryptic (sometimes) handles.. And as we've seen multiple times here by one of our members that seems to change his handle when he changes his socks :stunned: which would make things even more challenging..

Edit -- you may note that some of us even use signature lines with our names..

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That was a really bad joke sorry. My real name is Mike Hunt. Nice to meet you!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Okay, sorry that is not my real name either. My real name is Ben last name Dover. Its a pleasure meeting you.

Keith

.. And as we've seen multiple times here by one of our members that seems to change his handle when he changes his socks :stunned: Which would make things even more challenging..

And exactly who are you referring to? :shifty:

Sock change! :laugh:

(Wayne Kerr)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The corporation I work for frowns severly in regard to its employees either being involved in public forums as well as social media. Use of such media at work is strictly forbidden.
Since my last name is associated to the corp, I don't use my last name nor do I disclose the corporation I work for.

'Smart man.

Keith

Ha! All we need now is those venerable Scottish iron hoofs Ben Doon and Phil McAvity to show up and we'll have a football team....:thumbsup:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
My opinion is that if you are not a forum supporter then you must use your full first, middle, and last name along with providing your complete address. Sincerely, Harry Paratestes.

Back