Site is Back Up!

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Folks,

The site went down for about nine hours or so due to a reconfiguration on the server host and a stalled backup system that ran a disk out of space. Fixed now.

Interestingly enough, the server going down coincided with me getting domain renewals on a couple of the domains associated with GT40s.com which lead to quite a scare. Due to the way I have the domain registered and hosted (on two sites unfortunately, to be fixed), I convinced myself that www.gt40s.com had expired and had been taken over by another entity. It took me about thirty minutes to recognize my error with the wrong registration site and figure out all was well there.

That's resolved now and I am planning to engage the services of a friend who is a Linux engineer in taking over some of the maintenance for the site so that sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Whew.

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, the sad fact is I am no longer current on what is happening with forum software and hosting servers. I can do rudimentary things but times have changed quite a bit. I've got a contact though that we're going to pay to manage the site. It'll be a bit more of an expense for GT40s.com but I think we can seek a few more supporting members to help cover the costs. If people enjoy the site I hope that they'll be okay becoming a supporter so that we can cover the site expenses.

Back