SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

Thanks for the nice words.

I finished painting the tail and spider:

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Thank you for the nice comments.

Wayne: Don't scare me...

My wife is calling me "roommate" and asked me if Allan and I had a "bromance"(??) going on since I've been spending so much time at his house to work on my SLC.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Wayne: Don't scare me...

My wife is calling me "roommate" and asked me if Allan and I had a "bromance"(??) going on since I've been spending so much time at his house to work on my SLC.

Time to "Kobe" up. I'd suggest 1+ carets.

Is this a gold pinstripe here (see attached photo), or is this how the light is playing on the body lines? Beautiful paint. Amazing, really.

Eric

Attachments

• RM_SL-C_question.jpg
    RM_SL-C_question.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 639
No gold stripe, that's a reflection. My engine accessories came in, but Hurricane Irene has thrown a monkey wrench in the schedule... couldn't work on it all weekend. Half of CT is without power.

Last edited:
I received all of the engine accessory brackets. Now deciding on the best push/pull throttle cable that has the least chance of sticking or worse melting and getting stuck open. I've heard some horror stories. It's the last piece to buy to start the engine up.

So far I am looking at the Locar from Summit, Aircraft Spruce, and Midwest Control. Any one have any experience with these or other suggestions?

Ron McCall

Supporter
I received all of the engine accessory brackets. Now deciding on the best push/pull throttle cable that has the least chance of sticking or worse melting and getting stuck open. I've heard some horror stories. It's the last piece to buy to start the engine up.

So far I am looking at the Locar from Summit, Aircraft Spruce, and Midwest Control. Any one have any experience with these or other suggestions?

Pegasus auto Racing makes some really nice custom cables.

Be careful on looking for the cables. There are basically two types of cable. The giveaway is the threads on the end. Don't have my info in front of me but you want the thicker of the two.
Suggestion:
When you lay the lines put a little bit of a cover on them to protect them from the heat. It doesn't have to be a full cover just something that will give it a "little shade". Here is an example of all that is needed.
P1010004-1-1.jpg

The only parts that seem critical to cover are the ends and their rubber products. The cables are pretty sturdy. If you feel they are tooo close to the exhaust wrap them in aluminum foil or its equivalent of place an aluminum tube over the cable and secure it to a nearby bolt. It doesn't take much.

BTW love your color scheme

Bill

Back