Tell everyone every week that you are surviving this COVID19. Just add your name to the list once a week and each of us will know if you are alive.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Doug Sainlar still alive and kicking. Wishing the rest of you good health!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Still slogging along...much to the chagrin of many.
'Really looking forward to getting back to normal.

'Just went back on the Nutrisystem plan yesterday to get rid of all the extra pounds I've put on due to inactivity. :eek:
They'll be gone in 30 days or less.
('Have run out of 'projects' to keep me busy around here.)

Here in France, we unlock, we lock ,sometimes 20h sometimes 18h in the evening for lockdown
in the meantime it rains between two showers at the moment in Sarthe
corona free greetings
Paul

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
I'm still here. I know five people who died with Covid 19 and maybe another 30 who had it.

OK here but just found out this morning that a colleague and friend of mine for over 10 years passed away from covid last week. A real shock

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Saw a news piece on a local T.V. station this morning that said the Mrs and I are now 'good to go' age/vaccination-wise...but, it appeared as though the reporter implied my state is distributing the Moderna vaccine, whereas, due to 2 or 3 'efficacy rate' issues involving the Moderna vaccine with 'seniors' in our particular age bracket, I'd much prefer the Pfizer.

'Going to find out if we're stuck (no pun intended) with the Moderna vaccine or if there's a way to opt for the Pfizer.

Pat

Supporter
Me and the Mrs are still here. We've had Pfizer #1 and waiting for #2. We had a little soreness and fatigure the next day but no worse than a regular flu shot.
Sadly, Covid took my brother at Christmas. He was notified he was exposed along with his wife at a friends home and they subsequently tested positive. He called me a day later and indicated he felt no worse than a mild case of the flu. Three days later he took an afternoon nap and passed in his sleep. His physician surmised that the combination of his age (76), cardiac condition and diabetes simply was too much for his body to resist the virus and his heart probably failed. His wife thankfully remained asymptomatic. It was eight days from his exposure to his passing. So please be careful out there especially if you are in any way immunocompromised.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Just got word my son-in-law evidently has a mild case of Covid.
Tomorrow will be day four and so far he has no fever.
Our daughter and our grand kids show no signs of it to this point.
Son-in-law evidently contracted it at his cardiologist's office when he went for his annual checkup a few days ago because he's been in a strict, self-imposed quarantine for months now due to the fact he has an artificial heart valve.
'Holding our breath.

A side note: Since the Mrs and I are now 'qualified' to get the C-19 shot, I called the county health department (as well as our family physician and a couple of our local pharmacies) trying to arrange vaccinations for the Mrs and me.
ZERO luck.
None of them currently have the vaccine 'in stock' (they've run out) and none are keeping a list of those who want the shots when more vaccine arrives. So, here we sit.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Still here just outside Edinburgh. Working from home and sick and tired of the 4 walls!
All restaurants etc closed so cannot even go out for a coffee
Shopping now has to be done individually, so cannot even go out with wife to push trolley when she fills with groceries.
Wife works for NHS in laboratories and they are now on the list to get vaccinated as they come into contact all the time with doctors and nurses fro wards when the samples are brought down.

Daughter who so policewoman in London near Heathrow is now isolating, as yesterday was in presence of COVID positive person for more than limit,of the time (15 minutes) so we hold hope for her for the next 10 days.

Hopefully the vaccine roll out continues and we can all start to get back to normal.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Me and the Mrs are still here. We've had Pfizer #1 and waiting for #2. We had a little soreness and fatigure the next day but no worse than a regular flu shot.
Sadly, Covid took my brother at Christmas. He was notified he was exposed along with his wife at a friends home and they subsequently tested positive. He called me a day later and indicated he felt no worse than a mild case of the flu. Three days later he took an afternoon nap and passed in his sleep. His physician surmised that the combination of his age (76), cardiac condition and diabetes simply was too much for his body to resist the virus and his heart probably failed. His wife thankfully remained asymptomatic. It was eight days from his exposure to his passing. So please be careful out there especially if you are in any way immunocompromised.
Pat, so very sorry about your Brother, we’ll keep you in our thoughts.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
4th week of 3rd lockdown here..... I'm a lecturer so I'm teaching online and cabin fever has well and truly set in.... 50-60 hours working a week and no energy to get in the shed and play with the gt bits I have..... I'm hitting 55 in 8 weeks and could draw my pension and retire...... trying to resist it but the reasons for continuing working are getting less and less. I would much rather spend 50 hours a week on the GT!!!! still alive and kicking and in need of a haircut, I now have a ponytail! and you know what is behind every ponytail.... an ass hole!

every thing still fine here in France.... 65 since a few days, like to go on retirement, but can not afford it at this moment, so giving some technical training in school replacing absent teachers.and the same time getting out of the house ...

Back