Terrorist attack in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Right wing Christian nutjob went off teh reservation, and gunned down three people at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, including one police officer.

Chalk it up to yet another example of all religions are dangerous.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"We don't have any information on this individual's mentality, or his ideas or ideology," Colorado Springs police Lt. Catherine Buckley told reporters on Friday."

But, Jeff Young knows...somehow.

'Clairvoyance, I guess.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
DING DING...

ROUND 2 !!!

Tell me guys, because many of us over the pond would dearly
like to know the answer..
Just what % of the threads are you aiming for, in your pursuit
to turn each into a political diatribe ?

DING DING...

ROUND 2 !!!

Well.....this one fired right off with the intent of starting a socio-political battle. So, perhaps this one does not count? :laugh:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This tragic event had nothing to do with the Christian Religion and everything to do with a mentally ill person..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

'Can't speak for what's-his-name...but, speaking for my own darned self, I'm not IN any kind of "pursuit" to turn any % of threads into "political diatribes".

I've just 'had-it-up-to-here' with far left libs going unchallenged when they go into what's usually a pejorative laden, anti-conservative, "p.c." approved, 'lefty talking points-affirming', liberal spin-filled pontification on this-or-that subject.

I don't recall ever having 'started it'. I recall having responded when someone DID. ;)

Buuuuuuuuttt, I may be wrong with regard to how I remember things, Charlie. 'Certainly wouldn't be the first time, sir...

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
This tragic event had nothing to do with the Christian Religion and everything to do with a mentally ill person..

Strongly disagree. If a Muslim had done this, everyone here would have been (perhaps rightfully so) calling it a terrorist attack with religious/political overtones. Frankly, your bias is showing.

And the evidence is mounting Larry, no clairvoyance necessary:

1. Ramshackle cabin with religious paraphenalia
2. Told an arresting official he was going to put an "end to selling baby parts."
3. AFter moving to Colorado, only contact with neighbors was handing out anti-Obama pamphlets.

Yes, this guy was crazy but he was also motivated by strong religious and political goals. Of course all Christians don't do this or think is or condone this. The vast majority are abhorred by it, and Christians died trying to stop this guy.

Much like with Muslims, the vast majority of whom abhor ISIS, condemn terrorists tactics, and many of whom have died fighting ISIS.

Muslim extremism and terrorist attacks must be exterminated. The same is true with Christian extremism and terrorism.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
DING DING...

ROUND 2 !!!

It's obviously not politiczing anything to state facts -- the evidence is mounting this guy was a right wring, extremist Christian "Obama hater" who decided to go shoot up the local Planned Parenthood to further a political religious goal.

We are constantly reminded here -- rightfully so -- that a large portion of the terrorism we see today has an Islamic component to it. Point taken. Saying that this terrorist attack has a similar religious/political component to it is simply calling a spade a spade, like saying the attacks in Paris were by Islamists.

That's what we do here, right? Call a spade a spade? Unless it's your spade and then it's off limits?

That's what we do here, right? Call a spade a spade? Unless it's your spade and then it's off limits?

I happen to agree with you that this guy is a right-wing Christian nut job. You are absolutely right in that regard.

But you are really reaching when you try to equate him with Muslim nut jobs. The fundamental difference you deliberately overlook is that this guy acted alone, with no trans-national network supporting him, and when he was done with his work, there weren't millions of people around the world applauding him for his actions and hailing him as a hero....:shifty:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You aren't entirely correct. I'd suggest there are a number of right wing, Christian extremist groups that form a network that supports this type of behavior, and I'd also suggest that there are plenty of people here in teh US who are applauding this guy's actions:

“Pro-Lifers” Take to Twitter to Praise Planned Parenthood Shooter

Is it on teh level of the support you see in the Muslim world for terrorism? No, but the Christian world isn't devoid of it yet either.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ok here is a first ( I think) I agree with Jeff. The bloke was obviously a radical Christian nutter. And did exactly the same as a Muslim terrorist does, anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view he wants to kill. And he did tragically.
Hitler was bought up a Catholic. Should I mention inquisition?

Ok here is a first ( I think) I agree with Jeff. The bloke was obviously a radical Christian nutter. And did exactly the same as a Muslim terrorist does, anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view he wants to kill. And he did tragically.
Hitler was bought up a Catholic. Should I mention inquisition?

...and the crusades when armed hoards went to the middle east to butcher the infidels (sounds familiar?) in the name of the cross.

Geeez, the crusades were in 1095. I doubt that there are 10K radical pro-lifers compared to 100 million radical Muslims. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. Muslim attacks happen weekly, one pro life this year? I don't condone either, but the comparison is stupid at best.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
They are both religious/political based it. It's stupid to try to distinguish the two on teh basis that "my spade doesn't really look like a spade."

I've been meaning to debunk your 100 milion radical Muslim nonsense for a while. I'm sure it is based on some poll in which Muslims agreed that Sharia law was appropriate, etc. NOT that they would act on those beliefs and commit terrorist attacks.

Using that methodology something like 680% of Republicans in teh US think abortion should be illegal, and majorities don't believe in evolution or other basic scientific principles. Does that make them radicalized Christians? Of course not. Only a a very small number take the next step to full fledge stupidity and kill people as a result.

But some do.

And post 9/11? You are more likely to be killed by a crazed Christian in the US than a Muslim terrorist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

Keith

You made your point Jeff and it's a fair one but I don't know what you are trying to achieve here. You are not going to change anyone's viewpoint on this board so it's a bit like LB's lame blind climate change postings - ultimately pointless. Unless.....you just like giving people indigestion following the turkey & buffalo wings..

So, Thanksgiving Message to All. Be Thankful and STFU..

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
See post in the "You must post here" thread.

I frankly don't want friends of Ron and car enthusiasts coming here and seeing a one sided -- sorry but it can be true -- shit show from the American right.

That's the point of the posting. Not indigestion at all. Balance, which this places needs on occasion.

Happy Thanksgiving, and if it is an equal STFU I'm all for it...lol....

Keith

Well my view for a peaceful forum is largely this: the ramblings of the rabid become tiresome and mostly unread. Without a foil they will eventually peter out with no positive action required. Most sensible people read the first line, yawn and pass on. Attempts to balance only validate and encourage said ramblings and thus we have perpetual motion.

Tit for bloody tat.

I do not see why we cannot have a sensible political discussion but it appears that every thread in the Paddock disappears down the garbage chute although I would say we are still relatively polite to each other compared with other media. There are approximately only 6 people involved and I wonder why they all bother - they're not going to make any difference at all on this board or any other come to that.

Now it has come to the attention of the Paddock moderator that there are mutterings of complaints, I will lock all politically motivated threads from now on so you can just post silly pictures and jokes to your hearts content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back