This is how the wheels should sit in the arches on a GT40

This is how I think the wheels should sit in a Gt40's wheelarches - just at the edge of the body and with minimum gap between the top of the wheel and the body. Heres a pic or too of mine and how I've done mine which in MHO is a reasonable result - if anyone else has pics of a good ones and advise to others on how to get the gaps right maybe post here with pictures. heres a link to other pics of my car.

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/charliebsa1983/album?.dir=/dbb2

Hey tell me what u think of the rear arches.

Attachments

• 38748-Johns GT40 rear intake.jpg
    38748-Johns GT40 rear intake.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 446
As a very young guy once said to me,,,and I now say to you,,,

"Dude, that look sick". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I like the way it looks. That is because I am a fan of wide "HIPS" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Here is mine, unfortunately my tires and wheels are not wide enough to fill the arches, only 17 X 13 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

One more thing,,where did you get your side plexy windows. They look VERY INTERESTING!

Attachments

• 38750-fenderwall1.jpg
    38750-fenderwall1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 411
Is the Door & rear clip Ajar in your pictures?

Do you have any interior pictures?

Archie

Now that is how things should be done! I 100% agree with you guys. What is lost in a lot of the new exotics is the curvy body shapes that the GT40 (especially gulf flared) body has. IMHO tire and wheel placment is very important to complete the final look.

Charliebsa - What rear tire combo are you using? What have you done to complete your look?
Faili F - Some more pictures please!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: This is how the wheels should sit in the arches on a GT4

Actually cant remember if its ajar or not - took the pictures in January - yip have pictures of the interior - see the link

there are more pictures of the car. As for the tyres 305/15's and the plexiglass windows are custom made - GT40 developments south africa. Jeez Fail F that 40 of yours looks really nice - any more pics? the michellins ure running look mean, must provide plenty of grip, nice fitment too.- that Gulf dust cover on the wheels is it a custom job?

Hey guys, here are 3 more pics. I had to reduce the resolution so they may look a bit crapy. I bought the Gulf Flares from Fran Kress (I think it was $400). Very easy to glass in. Fran has a website, but not to quick in answering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Tires are 335X35X17s, rear

Attachments

• 38838-PIC00010.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 450

here is another

Attachments

• 38839-sample2.jpg
    38839-sample2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 417

last one

Attachments

• 38840-sample3.jpg
    38840-sample3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 405

Ja that 40 looks quite nice in black with a very feint silver stripe - makes it look agressive. havent seen many 40's in black - in a hot climate without aircon they must be murder though.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Faili,
Beautiful car, show more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
How did you come by that old California Plate?

Tim
Between grand theft
and a legal fee,
there only stands
a law degree.

G

yeah man thats awsome the only thing i dont like is the long exaust pipes

Thanks guys, It is hot in there in summer, but I got AC and it works good. The story behind the black plates is a long one. Send me a PM and I let you know.

Prodigy, the pipes and infact the entire exhust system is going ot be re-done. It's funny everyone from my wife to the guy at the Dyno shop hated it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

No doubt that old-style yellow-on-black Cali plate really looks great on that car. Gotta love those big hips too.

Malcolm

Supporter

This is one of those areas that by building your own replica you can choose the final look. I like the way the wheels reach up and beyond the top of the arch but IMHO the way I remember most original cars was that the wheel was a little inside the arch away from the arch lip. Look at the forum logo to see what I mean, albeit only a painting. just my opinion of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yes I u are correct about the fact that on some of the originals the wheel was just inside of the body, but the difference is not that great. I tend to like the wheels just at the edge of the body. Here is another picture of my car from further away to see the way the wheels from further out.unfortunatley the car is for sale.. damn.

Attachments

• 38913-Johns GT40 - front three quater view.jpg
    38913-Johns GT40 - front three quater view.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 404

another pic from behind to show how it looks from the back, and how the wheels fit at the edge.

Attachments

• 38915-Johns GT40 three quater.jpg
    38915-Johns GT40 three quater.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 395

Charliebsa,
Where do you get those great looking GULF, Firestone decals? Definately a beautiful car!!

just last a view from the back to show the flaring of the wheelarches.

Thanks Hey, they were made by a friend in south africa who does decals for radio controlled cars I think. take smaller ones and scale them up - will find out for u as this is actually my dads car.

I gotta ask where you found 305-15's? What brand are those tires? Both cars look beautiful with those full wheel wells.

Chuck Ward
ERA GT 2064

Back