too good to be true?

I purchased my Ricardo from RPM a while back at a good price. As I recall, the description of the work done is similar. But....I can't tell whether the add is "real" or a scam.

Ron Earp

Admin
No way. I imagine it is a send funds, 1/2 funds, deposit sort of deal and we'll see you later. Same scam done with a Porsche 930 not too long ago.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I emailed them about it and got what seemed like a normal response, but wouldn't feel comfortable purchasing a big ticket item like that from someone overseas and off of craigslist.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Dear Sir - I have gold mine in Africa south. Net revenues of $150,000,000USD /yr. I am willing to sell you internet of 45% it in for $4,000USD.

Please remit payment by paypal to [email protected] and I will priority mail promptly your ownership documents.

I look great forward to being partners with you!

Alex, Paypal has been sent! :)

This guy actually typed proper english, which led me to believe he might not have known what he had. I'll post up the email conversation when I get a chance and y'all can tell me if it sounds suspicious. I say all that to end with saying that I'm sure that not all scammers don't have the ability to speak proper english.

Just because they speak english doesn't mean they arn't scamming.

It seems pretty straight forward to me - post pictures of item online.

Get you to send a bank wire, paypal, or money order; never send item.

Good luck getting your money back internationally (or even domestically).

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
In this day and age anything that seems too good to be true usually is a scam and Craigslist is their favorite trawling net for a gullible "what a deal" buyer. Beware English speaking people are scammers too!

The same thing was done with a ZF not too long ago out of the UK. You can usually weed them out by finding out where it is located and then telling them you are close by and would like to come have look in person (or have a friend in the area).

A guy the local car club here lost a good sum to a eBay scam out of the UK (apparently) on a Lotus twin cam motor. He quizzed the guy at length on details of the motor and got good and detailed answers, which made him think it was legit.
He still got scammed and as far as I know no money has been recovered.
So be careful.

I buy almost everything on line, hugh Ebayer, If he is willing to use an Escrow service one that ""YOU CHOOSE AND SET UP"" then its most likely legit, if not I would walkaway from this one unless you know someone who can pick it up in person. I have seen some good scams and sad to say but lot of them were posts from the UK. I nearly took the bait from a very clever bugger it was just pure luck I dodged that very $$$ bullet. I have over 300 Transactions now and its all be good, just cross your TTTTs and dot your iiii's P.S. oh ya if he walks with a limp due to a bullet wound to the knee cap he should be ok, they usally don't do it twice (wink).

Just simply ask the guy if you can show up and pick it up and pay in cash at the same time - ask him to suggest a date/time and provide an address (you can suggest you are actually located in the UK). I bet you do not get a response to that...

Ask him where it is, if it's nearby I might be able to check it out for you.

Even more of a plus, I'm about to be shipped off to the US by my company with a shipping container so.......

Back