Toronto Award Winning SL-C

Whilst I was in the UK last week I received these from Toby at CRC in Canada...car was awarded Competition/Race and also peoples choice awards.. thought some of you might like to see them...

I do have some more Girly pics for Pete too ,by the way

Attachments

• IMG_9971 2.jpg
    IMG_9971 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 844
  • IMG_9973 2.jpg
    IMG_9973 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_9979 2.jpg
    IMG_9979 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 899
  • IMG_9968 2.jpg
    IMG_9968 2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_4996.jpg
    IMG_4996.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_5243-1.jpg
    IMG_5243-1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_5226.jpg
    IMG_5226.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3,588
Last edited:
Alright Pete...just to keep you happy....

Attachments

• IMG_5205.jpg
    IMG_5205.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_5220.jpg
    IMG_5220.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 768
  • PW2010p1[1].jpg
    PW2010p1[1].jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,037
  • Copy of IMG_5635.jpg
    Copy of IMG_5635.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 753
  • Copy of IMG_5652.jpg
    Copy of IMG_5652.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 722
  • Copy of IMG_5648.jpg
    Copy of IMG_5648.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 710
Yes Dave it is...Toby had the engine on the dyno and with help from the Canadian Garrett Turbo tech guys ...it showed a healthy figure....

I will leave Toby to do his own bragging but its impressive to say the least....!!!

Thanks everyone for waiting patiently for follow-up pictures its been a while since pics of this car were first posted. Fran is correct that after many hours spent tuning and configuring the engine we posted some very healthy figures to say the least.
The final configuration was achieved with the help from the Garrett Turbo tech guys at JRP who live and breath for forced induction and oiled by a 5 stage Petersen Dry-sump system, with ignition lit by MSD and controlled by a Haltech E6X, this little 4 cam 32 valve, 6 bolt main,churned a whopping 1087 hp, 756 lb/ft torque at 8000 rpm with slightly more than 1 bar boost. This should prove to be unbelievably fast and the only question still remaining is whether I am qualified to drive it. Despite all the racing I have done this is by far the most agressive car I have ever had the good fortune to wear.
Thanks Fran for all the assistance and teasing along the way. As previously posted I have a history with some GTP lights cars and my hat goes off to Fran and his team for building the basis for a true world- class supercar.
At a later post I would be happy to share some of my ideas and help others in the SL-C clan to achieve their goals for what I believe to be one of the most exciting cars available today, but please Fran stop referring to these as Kits because they are way beyond that . Component cars perhaps? LOL
Thanks again Guys and hope you enjoy the Pictures. I am attending another car show this weekend and will post more pictures when its done and for you Pete some more gratuitous ones.
Thanks for the positive response, it makes all the hard work and late nights worth every minute.
Toby

Didn't like the paint scheme when you posted teaser pics of the car awhile back but I will admit my mind is changed and that thing looks fooking great.

Congrats on the power with that "little" engine.
Mind revealing what turbo configuraation you are using?
Are you using the intercoolers on the side like Fran had them configured on the prototype?

Would love to see some pics of the interior and engine bay.

I apologise for not responding sooner but things have been quite insane around here what with getting ready for the London car show and also trying to move my home. I had no idea how much crap I could possibly accumulate in 20 years.
The turbos are Ball bearing T3-T4 hybrids with a custom A/R ratio and a custom trim coefficient which I will post later for those interested. The turbos are both oil and water cooled with variable wastegates and internally exhausted BOV's. Minimizing back pressure while the engine still maintains 10;1 compression ratio with good bottom end response and simply mind blowing response from about 3000 rpm through 8000. The engine also has a 5 stage dry sump sytem by Petersen and all internal fasteners are ARP with ACL bearings, forged pistons and forged H beam rods. It also has custom ground camshafts, Walbro fuel pumps, high impedence injectors, L19 head studs, rising rate fuel regulator, custom schedule 10 stainless manifolds, upgraded fuel rails, Cometic head gaskets, and so on and so on. It wasnt cheap but boy does it go!

Back