"Vigilante 6.0 Vengeance" project

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ok here are the latest photos as promised.

As you can see work has been started on the righthand side as well as the front vents and bonnet vents.

Bonnet vents still need some more ideas, just made a start with it but still not happy.

Cheers
Jackal

Attachments

• 2012-03-18 12.42.47.jpg
    2012-03-18 12.42.47.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 591
  • 2012-03-18 12.41.35.jpg
    2012-03-18 12.41.35.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 592
  • 2012-03-18 12.42.05.jpg
    2012-03-18 12.42.05.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 622
  • 2012-03-18 16.07.33.jpg
    2012-03-18 16.07.33.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 568
  • 2012-03-18 16.08.51.jpg
    2012-03-18 16.08.51.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 588
Judging from the layer of dust on the floor you are making some good progress! As the body is taking shape it is looking like the tiger wants out of it's cage... Keep up the good work.

best regards, Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Doug..... :) not just the floor but my house, the neighbors' houses and the street is under dust! I agree with you. The Vigi wants to do some tarmac torture!

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
If anyone wants to know how to make a nice filler. As I have mentioned before I use to use Talcum Powder and resin but it was really hard to sand. It did apply very nicely though.

Then I started using Micro Balloons which really sands nicely BUT it is a bit more course than Talc and it does not apply so easily as the Talc.

So what I have done is to combine the two. I mix 50% Talc and 50% Micro Balloons with Resin and hardner. It applies beautifully, is pretty light and sands great. Cost wise it works out very economically. You have to use a mechanical mixer to mix it and you have to mix it into a nice workable paste. I use a drill with steel peg and lugs on it.

Cheers
Jackal

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi guys.

Did quite a bit on the nose this weekend. AND! My Vigi left the garage for the very first time ... yeah.. on trolley wheels but still. Here are some pics.

Cheers
Jackal

Attachments

• 2012-03-24 10.46.10.jpg
    2012-03-24 10.46.10.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 638
  • 2012-03-24 10.47.08.jpg
    2012-03-24 10.47.08.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 641
  • 2012-03-24 16.48.26.jpg
    2012-03-24 16.48.26.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 645
Hi, it's good to be able to step back and get a different perspective of your work. The proportions look good. Also, I see a peak of your GT40 molds, have you been able to find a completed car made from them?

best regards, Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Doug, unfortunately that is not a GT40 MK3 as I initially thought. I posted the pics of the mould in a GT40 section and it was very quickly pointed out to me that it was not a GT40.

A friendly, helpfull chap, cannot remember his name now, told me that it was a Valkyrie Kit from the States. He actually also posted the link to the Valkyrie website. At that stage I was disappointed but decided that I would still build one because I liked the looks. Then another member kinda dissed the Valkyrie in no uncertain terms. Basically came over pretty negatively. Anyway I still like the looks of the car but dislike the rear wheel section where it doesn't look right and the wheels are exposed at the back. So when i do build one I will first pull a body from the mold and that will become my prop. I will then change the rear wheel section, maybe some other changes too, then pull a mold from that and then start... I know it's a helluva lot of work but I would not be happy with the mold as it is.

Anyway the Vigi has priority by a country mile. So I will definately only look at it once I have the Vigi completed.

Cheers mate
Jackal

Jackal, the fit of the Fiberfab Valkyrie panels is terrible to begin with. You will have a lot of work to make it right. The rear section really needs help. Loose the rear spoiler and widen the lower sections to balance the overall appearance. Just maybe you can study how to cut off the original sections and use them, or pieces of them.
I have built two Avengers and one Valkyrie. Both required lots of fiberglass work to simply get the required fits. Want to have fun, try adding a rain drip gutter above the doors.

Aha.... I guess the doors and roof were a tip-off that it wasn't standard GT40 stuff. It's amazing how these different designs become world travelers.

--- Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
@ Molleur, Someone obviously got hold of a Valkyrie over here in South Africa and then pulled a mold off it. Hopefully The example they pulled it off was a good one. Unfortunately the mold itself wasn't done as good as I would of liked. That alone to get lined up will take plenty of time. I will definately pull a body and use it as a prop. That way I can basically do whatever I like and change whatever I like. It will become quite an expensive exercise though and most probably not much less effort than on my Vigi. My Vigilante get's done completely before I even consider doing the Valkyrie.

@ Doug
Yeah mate, someone over here got hold of an original one and obviously pulled a mold. Apparently as the story goes, the previous guys pulled two bodies from this mold of which one was completed. Then again I'm selling you that for the same price I bought it for.... :)

Yes that gold one certainly does need help. But I think the main thing is. They used too wide a rear axle &/or wheels. The tires stick out from the body instead of being enclosed. Or covered the tread width at the top of the arch. Using an existing body to do mods. on is much easier than starting from scratch. As you're doing now. You can glue on pieces of foam (I use 3M spray adhesive) & sand down to change contoures etc. Widening a body or adding fender flares is much more easy. But I'd use foam board rather than the spray that you're using here. The mixed/spray stuff is much more costly & more waste. It comes in handy to fill in oddly shaped areas where you can't glue blocks.
Mike S.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Did my left front light cut in. Will post some photos next week Thursday. Unfortunately I no work because of Easter and a road trip.

Cheers
Jackal

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ooops, took me longer than I thought it would. The left cut in was finished on Wednesday last week and according to the Murcielago's light design. I didn't like it at all though. Not the design itself but because my hood looks very different and the v-shape bonnet and the lights angle running the other way caused clashing angles. So I had to think about and ended up changing it 3 times. I like what I have now. I already put the car in the garage before I remembered to take photos so these photos are from the left side only. I will post some frontal photos once the right light cut-in has been made as well.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 17 April 2.jpg
    17 April 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 531
  • 17 April.jpg
    17 April.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 17 April 1.jpg
    17 April 1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 539

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Jackal, Do you have some donor lights or are you using originals?
--- Doug

Hi Doug,

No mate I haven't got the originals. I'm shaping my own cut-ins and I will be using projection bulbs. I got the idea from www.supercarreplica.com/

Lenses I will shape, and cut myself.

It's about this dude showing his Murcielago build. Go to the the 'Discuss' tab. Then under Kit car related stuff, look for the projection bulbs.

I'm not too proud to admit that I got the method and idea from this site to also make the tail lights. Also look at how he changed Fiero seats into Lamborghini seats.... stunning work.

Cheers
Jackal

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
I worked on the left cut-in as well (lights).
Not happy with my front vents yet and the overhang from the front wheel seems to be too long. I will address that this week.

Attachments

• 2012-04-21 12.40.55.jpg
    2012-04-21 12.40.55.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 587
  • 2012-04-21 12.41.17.jpg
    2012-04-21 12.41.17.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 571
  • 2012-04-21 14.20.18.jpg
    2012-04-21 14.20.18.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 592
  • 2012-04-21 14.20.45.jpg
    2012-04-21 14.20.45.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 546
  • 2012-04-21 14.26.16.jpg
    2012-04-21 14.26.16.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 558

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Changed the rear engine cover design to more conventional, enlarging the rear window. Haven't decided what the lid will look like yet. Might be louvred or might just have reversed vents. Decisions decisions! Also did alot of work on the nose (v on the bonnet) Will post some photos as soon as I feel I am far enough. The front intake vents will be change as well. Not happy with them currently. Most probably will be cutting them this evening.

I promise plenty of photos soon!

Sounds like you have been busy. Your project will truely be one of a kind, (best of all worlds?!), in any case surely enough to keep the lambo police at bay.

--- Doug :thumbsup:

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
What do I do now? My one neighbour laid an official complaint at the police because of the dust I'm causing as well as the noise.... Anyone knows a good assassin? :)

Back