"Vigilante 6.0 Vengeance" project

That sucks, what is the harm to him? He needs to get a hobby and stop interfering with yours. :evil:

good luck, Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
That sucks, what is the harm to him? He needs to get a hobby and stop interfering with yours. :evil:

good luck, Doug

Thanks Doug. He is just a morbid a-hole. His house is like 50 yards from my garage and he is complaining about noise and dangerous glassfibre sanding (dust). Two cops came to my house but I wasn't at home. They delivered a written warning. My wife took them into the garage and showed them that it wasn't fibreglass I was sanding but filler. Anyway she laughed because both cops were excited and impressed with the project car! Guess what I'going to do today? I'm going to pull out the car and sand.... :) I reckon the car Has cost me about R30 000 (over $4000) screw him, I'm going ahead.

There probably isn't much the police can do about the complaint. Except say they went out & investigated & gave you a warning. Unless you're actually causing your neighbor harm if there is no City Ordinance against what you're doing. What are they going to cite you with? If there's a complaint they have to go investigate. Having been a City Building Inspector for over 20 years. I've had to go investigate more boggus complaints than you can shake a stick at. Been on the recieving end at home a time or two as well over my cars.
Mike S.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
There probably isn't much the police can do about the complaint. Except say they went out & investigated & gave you a warning. Unless you're actually causing your neighbor harm if there is no City Ordinance against what you're doing. What are they going to cite you with? If there's a complaint they have to go investigate. Having been a City Building Inspector for over 20 years. I've had to go investigate more boggus complaints than you can shake a stick at. Been on the recieving end at home a time or two as well over my cars.
Mike S.

Yeah, a mate also told me yesterday I shouldn't worry too much. It is only a warning. It does put one in a foul mood though. Best of it all, I never saw the complaining neighbor once since the unwelcome visit. He is lying low. Which is good because if I did see him this past weekend then ... :furious:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Invite him over for a braai and beer and show him your project.

Let him see what you are sanding and give him an empty can so he can read the label (so long as it is non toxic etc)

If he's still grumpy cook his "boerwors"

Ian

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Invite him over for a braai and beer and show him your project.

Let him see what you are sanding and give him an empty can so he can read the label (so long as it is non toxic etc)

If he's still grumpy cook his "boerwors"

Ian

Hahahahahaha! The prick can see the car when I push it halfway out the garage. Keeps himself very scarce since his complaint :) Haven't seen him since. But I will take your advice seriously ... except for the inviting for a braai and beer :)

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Sorry for not posting any photos lately. Will be doing so shortly. Furthermore I have found my chassis builder which I am excited about. Gave him a set of preliminary Diablo plans (which has alot of discrepencies and which he picked up immediately). So Saturday morning he visited me and had a look at the Vigilante. He presented me with a quotation for materials and work which I accepted. The chassis will be based on the Diablo plans but measurements will be taken from my plug. I'm very excited.

Gert, who will be building the chassis for me is an expert Tig welder and he builds all Subaru Cape Towns custom exhaust pipes (S/S), complete systems. Beautiful work. He is also currently busy with his own Lotus 7 chassis.

So, how do we finish a chassis without engine and box etc. Well. I have decided on an Audi RS4 (4,2 l FSI) engine and gearbox which should be a straight bolt in. (I know, I simplify things. Most probably will have many many snags :) )

Now just to find the ideal Audi RS4 motor and box..... I know that there are plenty of them going around in the States (complete slavage cars) but here they are very scarce.

If anyone knows about affordable RS4 engine and box please let me know. (Also, tracksion controle and electronics, brakes, wishbones etc. etc.

Cheers
jackal

Cheers!

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Well the negative first. I have now received my fourth warning from law enforcement about sanding and annoying my neighbor. I'm just going to keep going.

As for the build.

I have been working on the engine lid vent and also on the nose and the right side of the car. The front still needs alot of help! So I'll be on that this evening again.

Cheers
jackal

Attachments

• 2012-04-30 12.49.23.jpg
    2012-04-30 12.49.23.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 585
  • 2012-04-30 12.49.41.jpg
    2012-04-30 12.49.41.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 2012-05-02 17.52.14.jpg
    2012-05-02 17.52.14.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 546
  • 2012-05-02 17.52.22.jpg
    2012-05-02 17.52.22.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 2012-05-02 17.52.44.jpg
    2012-05-02 17.52.44.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 2012-05-10 06.54.57.jpg
    2012-05-10 06.54.57.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 2012-05-22 17.10.20.jpg
    2012-05-22 17.10.20.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 559
  • 2012-05-22 17.12.14.jpg
    2012-05-22 17.12.14.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 531
  • 2012-05-23 18.25.22.jpg
    2012-05-23 18.25.22.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 2012-05-23 18.25.48.jpg
    2012-05-23 18.25.48.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 501
  • 2012-06-02 11.43.57.jpg
    2012-06-02 11.43.57.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 549

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ooops forgot to paste one more photo! My oldest son Duncan studying for maths (note how he seems to be very interested ....) together with his best buddy Winston.

Attachments

• 2012-06-05 20.30.33.jpg
    2012-06-05 20.30.33.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 505
Ooops forgot to paste one more photo! My oldest son Duncan studying for maths (note how he seems to be very interested ....) together with his best buddy Winston.

Yeah WHEN you're looking LOL I have 3 sons & know that look.

Project is looking cool. WOW you're making even more dust than me! I've had complaints from my next door neighbor. That her cats are getting sick. Because they're tracking through the dust (in MY yard) then cleaning themselves. She has either 6 or 8 cats. I told her no problem. Just keep the cats in her own yard LOL Keep on keeping on.
Mike S

Yea, keep up the good work Jack

One tip, get a couple of milk crates to stand on. More stable and easier to move them around than a drum. When I was working on the top surfaces I made some longer benches to stand on so I could move along the length of the car without having to step up and down all the time.

Cheers

Fred W B

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Fred. Got those milk crates you mentioned. Works great. Thanks! ;) Yeah Mike I have had another two visits from law enforcement and everytime it's the same thing. They tell me that they have to come out but that seems to be where it stops :)

Anyway! Here is my Vigi's new heart! 2007 RS4 FSI V8, 420 BHP! I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t!

Attachments

• 2012-06-26 09.40.05.jpg
    2012-06-26 09.40.05.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 574
  • 2012-06-26 09.40.32.jpg
    2012-06-26 09.40.32.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 570
Nice V8, you can probably already hear it heading for the red-line. Do you have a trans-axle picked out?

--- Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Nice V8, you can probably already hear it heading for the red-line. Do you have a trans-axle picked out?

--- Doug

Hi Doug,

Yes mate, the fantasies are running wild! :)

I bought the engine, gearbox, ecu and wiring herness as a package. Also looking at the complete suspension but will have to look what they want for it. They also have the discs and calipers.

Cheers
Jackal

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Yes Doug. I have to lock the rear and only have drive through the half shafts to my rear wheels.

Yes Doug. I have to lock the rear and only have drive through the half shafts to my rear wheels.

Not a very good idea. I really wouldn't expect that to last long at all. The awd gearboxes aren't as strong as the 2wd as they have a hollow input shaft and only have to be half as strong. If you can I'd get hold of a proper 2wd gearbox and sell that one on.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Not a very good idea. I really wouldn't expect that to last long at all. The awd gearboxes aren't as strong as the 2wd as they have a hollow input shaft and only have to be half as strong. If you can I'd get hold of a proper 2wd gearbox and sell that one on.

Thanks for the input. Could one replace the hollow input shaft with a solid one?
Sorry if that is a stupid question but my knowledge of gearboxes is about zero! What 2wd box would have the same gearing as the RS box?

Thanx again.

Regards
jackal

Back