Warts and all GT40 Australia #48

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: GT40 Australia #48

Certainly a stunning car Pete with plenty of grunt to boot.
Maybe you could list all of it's extras--as a matter of interest to all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif
(take your time--theres plenty of room here) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

You are taking the piss, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Naah! seriously---the pump up seats, the proximity sensors,the motor,climate control, alarm system etc,etc.It'll be fascinating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Chris, might I suggest that careful perusal of the previous
pages of this thread will reveal all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Flatchat, my humble apologies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I followed my own advice, had a look at the previous pages and found that I have been fairly reticent about the "go Fast" bits and the creature comforts...So lets start with the engine.
A Ford "Sportsman" block. Trick Flow Twisted Wedge cylinder heads."H" beam 4340 conrods. SRP forged pistons. 4340 347 stroker crankshaft, Plasma Moly rings. Heavy duty oil pump drive shaft. Hi volume oil pump. Crower performance hydraulic lifters. Comp Cams billet camshaft custom roller type.Yella Terra roller rocker kit. Moly pushrods. Steel race type harmonic balancer.D.C.&O. E.F.I. Autronic computer. All put together, balanced and blueprinted by Precision Engine rebuilders at Southport on the Gold Coast. Approx 500 FWHP. Thank you Graham.

Attachments

• 76393-SA500570(Small).JPG
    76393-SA500570(Small).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 839

10.jpg

Hi Pete:

I am from Louisville, Kentucky in the US and I follow what is going on in this GT40 forum. I just came across this thread, Re: GT40 Australia #48, and with great interest.

You probably have heard this before, but I must tell you that you have one of the most beautiful GT40 Replicas I have ever seen.

We have a club, Kentucky Cobra Club, and we would like to feature you and your GT40 on our website. There are a few GT40 owners in our club, different brands, and I know that all our Club Members would love to see pictures of your car. If you would like to visit our website it is:

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

If you would honor us with photos of your GT40 and a brief description of the car it would be great. We have members from all over the world, there are no fees or dues to belong, just a love for our cars.

Best regards and looking forward to hearing from you,

Juan Lopez-Bonilla

[email protected]

Kentucky Cobra Club
2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217

502-635-5711

juanone Iagree with you 100%, this is a truly great example of what can be done with a GT40. This car is not a one of special, have a look at the GT40Australia website click on customers and have a look at the green car with the 4.6ltr mustang engine. These two cars are just two of the great cars that DRB make, Peter and his staff are terific to deal with, I purchased a basic kit and although I have been building most parts myself peter has always took the time to answer my silly questions and gives as much time as he would a turn key customer.

Darrell
DRB chassis # 46
LS1/G50

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Hi Juan, Thanks very much for the kind words it will be a pleasure to post some pics on your site.
Darrell, you are right on the money. Peter is a great guy and his staff are dedicated professionals.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Creature comforts, include air conditioning, (a must in tropical Queensland), sound proofing, thermal proofing, tailored carpet, leather upholstery, race seats individually fitted, and set up with adjustable posture assist. Seat cushions easily changed to accommodate different drivers. Leather steering wheel(soon to be removable).Cruise control,(the only way to stay at the speed limit.) Am/Fm radio MP3 and Cd player. Reverse warning sensors. Electric mirrors, and of course full instrumentation. I think that's it Flatchat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 76795-FinishedReadyforDelivery12-10-05027(Small).jpg
    76795-FinishedReadyforDelivery12-10-05027(Small).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 814

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Good Pete --The wheels?,accusump,oilcooler, gearbox etc,etc
Air bags -- C'mon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Chris, do you like sex and travel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gifWith the amount of people offering that lately, I feel as though I'm on a constant (enjoyable)holiday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete,
I think your build thread is awesome,as is your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
I recon I've read it a 100 times now while I wait for Peter Ranson
to get around to building my kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif .It is almost sad that it is at an end.
Maybe you could do a Directors cut with pics and small stories that didn't make
it into the thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif

Dave be patient take the time while you are waiting for your car to read as much as you can about your project. Do all the jobs you can around home and visit friends and rellows because you won’t when it arrives. If it helps I had to wait about four or five months for my car to be built but Peter started on the week he said he would and finished and delivered it on the week he said he would and has always been helpful.

Darrell DRB #46
LS1 G50
past half way

Dave,
There are several of the GT40 Australia/DRB cars that are in the middle of their builds, which you will enjoy if you search them out.If you didn't know, DRB(Dennis Bedford) built the original cars and then pased it on to Peter and the boys. Interesting to see the small differences in the cars now from then. I am nearing an update on mine soon. Some of us didn't have the time/money/inclination at hand to rip through our build as prodigidously(?) as Pete has done. But in the end we will make it. Search them out and enjoy the different paths to the same end.

Bill

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Dave, thanks for the kind words, but the boys are right I'm not the only fish in the pond, have a look around especially in the builders Forum. As far as a "Directors cut"
goes you can do your own. You can download pics by right clicking your mouse on them and then "save as".If you want to save text, hold the shift button, highlight the text, right click and then copy and paste. This applies to all threads not just mine.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Well I have covered about 4,800 kilometers to date without a hiccup (touch-wood) other than a blown fuse. The car is a delight to drive and handles peak hour traffic with no sign of overheating in 40 degree heat.(Celsius) that's 104F for you blokes in the U.S. The car has bags of torque and will accelerate strongly from as low as 1000 revs in 4th gear. No I don't drive it like that, I just tried it once to see what would happen.
In 5th gear at our stupid highway speed limit of 100 kph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif the engine is doing only 2100 RPM. The ride is firm but much more comfortable than I expected and Peter's well designed seats are great, I might order a couple for the lounge room. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am going to fit a removable steering wheel to make entry/exit easier for my ageing frame and the bigger brake option that DRB have available.
I really enjoy the reaction I get from people wherever I go
from school kids giving me the thumbs up, people taking photos on their mobile phones, and ladies of all ages waving as you drive past. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Definitely not the car for shy retiring types.
Once past the 5000klm mark its of to the Dyno again and then we will look for our first track day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Attachments

• 79640-SA500566(Small)1.jpg
    79640-SA500566(Small)1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 826

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Pete,

Aren't the reactions great?

One of my favorites was while in slow moving traffic a girl on my driver side pressed her bare Double D TaTa's against her passager window. But that wasn't the best part, I looked to the driver on my opposite side and his eyes about fell out of their sockets. I think his view must have been the best yet, looking at two naked breast in all their glory over the sexy GT40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Back