Watch out RCR - there's a new kid in town.

Have to give the guy some credit !
I wouldn't think he had a lot to work with in China.
At least not like here or UK.
I give him thumb's up !

Cheer's !

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Have to give the guy some credit !
I wouldn't think he had a lot to work with in China.
At least not like here or UK.
I give him thumb's up !

Cheer's !

X-2 here....

I fail to see a connection re: RCR... Unless it was meant solely tongue in cheek as the opposite end of the spectrum..

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
If its in competition with RCR the very first thing i would check is the front steering usability for street use as it may have the turning curb of a HGV and then how quick the rack is. - If a rival to RCR they may have made it virtually unusable.

If may require a much quicker rack making the steering very heavy (reasonably heavy in current slow rack config anyway) and also a bit of thinking of how to increase the TCircle beyond the tie rod to wheel problem using bent tie rods.

After this i would move on page by page

If its in competition with RCR the very first thing i would check is the front steering usability for street use as it may have the turning curb of a HGV and then how quick the rack is. - If a rival to RCR they may have made it virtually unusable.

If may require a much quicker rack making the steering very heavy (reasonably heavy in current slow rack config anyway) and also a bit of thinking of how to increase the TCircle beyond the tie rod to wheel problem using bent tie rods.

After this i would move on page by page

For some reason MOG2244 seems to be taking a lot of interest in this thread, might have found a few demon tweeks for your Inspira:)

Apart from that.. according to the article he only spent $3000.00 ( plus I assume a lot of 'Hobby' hours )... not to shabby really when you consider that when you 'turn the key' it actually goes... lots of folk around here have spent around 20 to 30 times that for 'turn key minus'

For some reason MOG2244 seems to be taking a lot of interest in this thread, might have found a few demon tweeks for your Inspira:)

Apart from that.. according to the article he only spent $3000.00 ( plus I assume a lot of 'Hobby' hours )... not to shabby really when you consider that when you 'turn the key' it actually goes... lots of folk around here have spent around 20 to 30 times that for 'turn key minus'

I think you have got your wires crossed mate and to be honest I haven't a clue what you are on about? but now you deemed it necessary to mention me I might as well have my say:

I can see the potential for RCR to set up a new distributor in the Far East :idea:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
Hey jacmac..... No demon tweeks account or orders backlogged or foward scheduled. Wires crossed abound and reports of 5amp wire to alternator that could cause flamage!

(kiwi talk)

Apparently, designed with a ruler....and built with a MIG welder and a bunch of scrap metal in a grubby lean-to....not bad for what he had to work with I suppose. However, I see kiwis and aussies building really stunning stuff (translation: beautiful craftsmanship and precision engineering) in the shed out back without much more in the way of resources....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently, designed with a ruler....and built with a MIG welder and a bunch of scrap metal in a grubby lean-to....not bad for what he had to work with I suppose. However, I see kiwis and aussies building really stunning stuff (translation: beautiful craftsmanship and precision engineering) in the shed out back without much more in the way of resources....

Like this!

Attachments

• Brabham-BT24-Repco_4.jpg
    Brabham-BT24-Repco_4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Brabham-BT24-Repco_11.jpg
    Brabham-BT24-Repco_11.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 273
Fran seems to knock the edges off his creations, giving them a worn, rounded look. Whereas here we have the sharp, stealth look. At least he got it finished, so credit for that.

Good on him . For a young guy to finish his project and use it , is awsome . How many projects lay halve way abandoned ? Which was started by more mature and well off guys . In future we might see quite a bit more from this young man .

Z.C.

Last edited:
Back