When THEY Run Everything.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
My guess most of the Hispanics are illegals so don't want I.D. Btw are illegal immigrants allowed to vote in the U.S.?

Pete, you really have no idea what you are talking about. You should keep your discussions to things you even just a little about.

You are GUESSING that most Hispanics are illegal, what a buch of crap!

In 2011 there were approximately 51,770,000 legal, US citizens of Hispanic decent. That is over twice the population of Australia!

Pete you have not answered my question, do Austrailian Native Aboriginies need photo ID and proof of citizenship to vote in your elections?

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, you really should keep you discussions to things you know.

You are GUESSING that most Hispanics are illegal, what a buch of crap!

Pete you have not answered my question, do Austrailian Native Aboriginies need photo ID and proof of citizenship to vote in your elections?

A guess yes, but I'm betting its a good one. Btw you are putting words in my mouth again,
I didn't say most Hispanics were illegal, I said that the ones without I.D. were probably illegal so didn't want I.D.

Australians need to fill out an enrolment form and show proof of identity. Either a drivers licence, which is photo I.D. A birth certificate, or be able to be identified as an Australian citizen over 18 years old by a person who has the authority to do so. This applies to all Australians including Aboriginals.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
No Pete, the only one putting words in your mouth is you!

This is a direct quote:
"My guess most of the Hispanics are illegals so don't want I.D."

Native Australian Aboriginals do not need to show photo ID to vote in Australia, no one needs to show photo ID to vote in Australia, do they?

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
No Pete,

Native Australian Aboriginals do not need to show photo ID to vote in Australia, no one needs to show photo ID to vote in Australia, do they?

Can't you read? See my post above. they need a drivers licence, or a birth certificate or someone to identify them and fill out a stat dec to that effect.
They also need to fill out an enrolment form. Once they are on the electoral roll they do not need photo I.D. To vote. But they cannot vote without first doing the above.
Have you got the forms for your Granny yet?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
No Pete, the only one putting words in your mouth is you!

This is a direct quote:
"My guess most of the Hispanics are illegals so don't want I.D."

Jim, you know that it was in the context of your statement quoted by Larry that 46% of Hispanics don't have photo ID. You may be dyslexic but you are a master at twisting words and changing context. I have already answered the Aboriginal question twice.
Can illegal immigrants vote in the US?
Why is asking for photo ID an attack on women and the poor?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Skip to content | Contact us | Media centre | About us | Employment |
Australian Electoral Commission

Updated: 21 December 2012
To enrol for the first time or get back on the roll, complete the online form then print, sign and return the form to the AEC. You will need to provide evidence of your identity using a driver’s licence, an Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity.

So, you do not need a photo ID, to register vote in Australia, you do not need a photo ID to vote in Australia, all you need is someone who is registered confirm who you are?

Sounds foolproof!

Once registered no ID is ever needed to vote in Australia!

Pete, Why do you think we should make it harder to vote here than it is in Australia?

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
OK Pat,

But Pat, she has voted for 70+ years, now are you really saying screw her, she cant vote?

Come on Jim that is unfair, I implied nothing of the sort and you know that.
But your Mother having no identification, no way to get a free voter ID and her never having to undergo the routine life events that require ID strains my imagination. Heck as your Mom, I’d think if nothing else she’d need ID to buy liquor - lots of it. ;)
Did the pharmacy say "screw her" no prescriptions, her bank,” screw her” to not opening her account and the airlines, “screw her” no travel? I suspect not. (It would be indelicate to ask about the liquor store). How on earth does she cash her social security check? Comically, the presented data always refers to low "in-person fraud" as a contention that there is no problem. Great but they fail to mention the massive issues in absentee ballot and voter registration fraud. In Florida there was even a lawsuit AGAINST the state for removing deceased voters from the rolls.
You mentioned Republicans convicted for voter fraud. For that reason alone, I’d think you would want to protect your Mom from having some right winging Tea Party lunatic from stealing her vote by voting on her behalf. In fact if you Google "Right Wing Voter fraud" you will get page after page of sites contending that Republicans are rigging elections in their favor. One I found said Mr. Romney bought the election with voter fraud (It was dated last September though). Every liberal knows George Bush sole the election from Al Gore with massive votor fraud... Don't you want to protect the Moms of San Francisco from that outrage? Protect the liberal vote, insist on voter ID!
I find it amazing that liberals rail about the need for law abiding gun owners to undergo easy and quick background checks (that according to one prominent senator “nobody should mind”) to make sure they can utilize their second amendment rights but asking for photo ID to vote is somehow extreme, intrusive and discriminatory. You can’t have it both ways…

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pat,

We are talking about my Grandmother (fathers side), who emigrated from Scotland. My mother was born in Portland and Graduated from Cal Berkeley, she had a drivers licence.

I was using my grandother as an example of the type of American citizen who could have their right to vote complicated by those could not win an election if they just let every citizen vote.

But truthfully, I hope you conservatives fight this to the end, I hope you use every sneaky way to keep Americans from voting, take away early voting, make them recite the Pledge of Alegance, bring back the poll tax................................go for it!!!! We are counting on the stupid party to come through!

We were talking the other day about politics, I may just send some money to the Tea Party! I cant think of a better way to guarantee a Democratic Government than a strong, self righteous and loud Tea Party!

As for guns and your "You can’t have it both ways…" quote.

Neither can you.............................

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, you know that it was in the context of your statement quoted by Larry that 46% of Hispanics don't have photo ID. You may be dyslexic but you are a master at twisting words and changing context. I have already answered the Aboriginal question twice.
Can illegal immigrants vote in the US?
Why is asking for photo ID an attack on women and the poor?

Pete you already know that illegals cant vote in our elections. The Wisconsin statistics were for voter eligible US citizens. The whole discussion was would some US citizens be be unfairly disenfranchised by such a law. Look at the numbers for blacks, they are also all legal US citizens, yet the their percent of photo IDs are very similar to the Hispanic Americans.

I'm very supprised at your last question, you really can't figure out why voter ID effects mostly the poor, minorities and women? Really?

Last edited:
I take it that your grandmother had proof of citizenship? That can be used to get an ID. Everyone born in the US has a birth certificate that can be used to get an ID. Are you saying blacks, women and poor people don't have birth certificates? Why is this such a monumental democrat problem? Why is ID needed to get into government functions? Are they more important than voting? Why does asking for an ID turn into something against blacks, the poor, immigrants, and women. It's always racism and hate with you, it's getting old.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Why does asking for an ID turn into something against blacks, the poor, immigrants, and women. It's always racism and hate with you, it's getting old. Posted by Tom

Tom, what race are women and the poor?

Tom, what race are immigrants?

Last edited:
Tom, exactly what race are women and the poor?

Tom, exactly what race are immigrants?

Read it again, you didn't answer any of the questions. As to your questions, they are all races, and anyone who disagrees with you either hates them or is a racist.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom this discussion is about voter eligibility manipulation, i never said anything about racism or racists?

This is a political discussion about disenfranchising relatively small yet meaningful percentages of eligible voters.

No one doubts that a photo ID law will disproportionately effect some folks more than others. That is the discussion.

The Republicans know this will help them (see the nice Republican on post 123). Aparently Republicans are OK with that type of statesmanship, they are pushing these laws all over the country.

They decided as an excuse, they would say it was "fighting voter fraud". But after much checking we now know that the percent of voter fraud is very very small and seems to come farly evenly from both sides.

But that does not stop them, they are willing to make voting harder for millions and millions of Citizens. Making it harder for them to exercise their "Constitutional Right".

Pat, you can't have it both ways either.

Last edited:

Keith

Golly, what simple lives you all lead.

This is the list of nationalities entitled to Register to Vote in a UK election or referendum, providing they are legally resident in the UK.

It makes for horrifying reading.

EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS

Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxemburg
Malta
Netherlands
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom

COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES

Anguilla
Bermuda
British Antarctic Territory
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Falkland Islands
Gibraltar
Montserrat
Pitcairn Island
St Helena and dependencies (Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha)
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Sovereign base areas on Cyprus
Turks and Caicos Islands

BRITISH CROWN DEPENDENCIES

Isle of Man

The Channel Islands (including Jersey, Guernsey, Sark, Alderney, Herm and the other inhabited Channel Islands).

*Although also EU member states, citizens of Cyprus and Malta are eligible to be registered to vote in respect of all elections held in the UK.
**Citizens of Fiji and Zimbabwe retain their voting rights despite the countries having been suspended from the Commonwealth.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Bloody hell seems like everyone in the World can vote except Aussie's and Kiwi's,
Are we not part of the Commonwealth? I'm bloody insulted you Pommie Bastard,
Show me a graph that shows why Aussie's and Kiwis can't vote!
And please answer why we can't vote when you deported us ( our ancestors)
To Australia in the first place.
Also please answer do Aboriginals need photo ID to vote? I'm sure that is a relevant question.

Keith

Bloody hell seems like everyone in the World can vote except Aussie's and Kiwi's,
Are we not part of the Commonwealth? I'm bloody insulted you Pommie Bastard,
Show me a graph that shows why Aussie's and Kiwis can't vote!
And please answer why we can't vote when you deported us ( our ancestors)
To Australia in the first place.
Also please answer do Aboriginals need photo ID to vote? I'm sure that is a relevant question.

Oi! MR Pommie Bastard to you mate.....:shout:

Graph on it's way.

Tom this discussion is about voter eligibility manipulation, i never said anything about racism or racists?

This is a political discussion about disenfranchising relatively small yet meaningful percentages of eligible voters.

No one doubts that a photo ID law will disproportionately effect some folks more than others. That is the discussion.

The Republicans know this will help them (see the nice Republican on post 123). Aparently Republicans are OK with that type of statesmanship, they are pushing these laws all over the country.

They decided as an excuse, they would say it was "fighting voter fraud". But after much checking we now know that the percent of voter fraud is very very small and seems to come farly evenly from both sides.

But that does not stop them, they are willing to make voting harder for millions and millions of Citizens. Making it harder for them to exercise their "Constitutional Right".

Pat, you can't have it both ways either.

Jim, ID's have nothing to do with manipulation and disenfranchising. ID's prove who some is, if they are registered to vote and if they have not already voted. I'm sure that ID is needed to get welfare or food stamps or cashing a check. ID's are not hard or costly to obtain. I know what the ulterior motive is for not having ID and so do you, it's not rocket science. So, you never did answer, did your grandmother have citizenship documents?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom watch this 13 second video with the nice Republican, than tell us again how "ID's have nothing to do with manipulation and disenfranchising."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8"]Turzai: Voter ID Will Allow Romney to Win Pa. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8"]► 0:13► 0:13[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8[/ame]
Jun 25, 2012 - Uploaded by pahousevideo
Watch Later Stealing 2012: GOP Voter ID Plot Exposed as PA State Sen Mike [/QUOTE]

Back