Which Red?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
<font color="red"> </font> w/ white strips is the call. But which red? So far the candidates are...

Viper Red
Torch Red
Rosso Corsa

I want a pure <font color="red"> </font> . No orange or brown tones. Any thoughts...

Anyone know who's car this is? I form member...
suspension.jpg

This is a nice deep red called "Milano Red" found on Honda Civic/CRX late 80's. I am going to use it on my RF.

Attachments

• 36119-elan2.JPG
    36119-elan2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 408

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Norman,
mine is Rosso Corsa, really pleased with it, but all these colours mentioned are super.
regards
Dave

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Blood red was used on many Detroit musclecars...and
in bright sunlight is beautiful. But at night and
under gray skys I found myself preferring the "brighter"
reds used on today's cars (painted my Cobra Viper Red). Of course today's cars are all clear coat, so it's
not a fair comparison with single system paint jobs.

In the end all reds are a crowd pleaser....that's why they call it "resale red". So choose what you like best.
And good call on the white stripes (my Cobra had them too).

MikeD

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Porsche Guards Red

There's no comparison for an all out pure red.

The people at Porsche that choose the colors are all women because apparently they have a better eye for color.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The Mazda RX8 has a great red, it has a subtle gold metal flake, (if you can have a subtle metal flake) it looks exceptional in sunlight and not much less in shade. I am almost decided on it for my 40, but then I have been almost decided on about eight colours so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I bring you... RED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Stripes are painted and buried in clear.

rockers.jpg

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
We have painted many cars red now. Norman's car Porsche red, others that same colour. There are many GTD's painted that colour also (I seem to remember that Ray's demo was red and nearly everyone ordered their cars the same red). Other reds we have used are the Ferrari red but our latest car has been painted the Ducati red and that is a real deep (black) red without the brown / orange tints usually associated with that colour.

Best wishes,

Robert

I had the opportunity to see the Ducati Red GT40 bodywork while the panels were still loose in the paint shop. It was a stunningly vivid red... the type of red that you would never get away with on the average "mums shopping trolley". It would definately be my choice of red.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Getting closer...

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

Needs a good polishing but that will wait until after final assembly.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely awesome!! I can't imagine the proverbial "pictures don't do it justice" would apply here but I'm sure in person it's as close to sex as you can get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Neal looks great!! I am close to painting my GT. Could you get me the measurement of the side stripes? They look just right. I am doing my GT red with side stripes only. Going to black out the light recess' and nostrils.

Back