WTB: Small Block Ford 8 Stack Fuel Injection

Dear Sirs
After looking at too many picture of nice engines in different GT40s the decision is made: My Gt40 MK1 needs the 8 stack with individual throttle bodies.
  • Do you have a setup suitable for a Ford 302 for sale?

Best Regards

Are

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I was just reading a Hot Rod magazine article that was going around on the Pantera forum for an 8 stack setup over the weekend. It was based on an Inglese 8 stack system paired with a FAST self learning ECU and very straight forward install.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ins...leses-8v-induction-system-on-a-351-cleveland/

I can personally attest to the FAST 2.0 system as used on an 8 stack - very easy and straight forward to install and tune. I have personally installed two of these systems.
As for the manifold, I used the Speedline SBF manifold and found the quality to be excellent and half the price of the Inglese.

I can personally attest to the FAST 2.0 system as used on an 8 stack - very easy and straight forward to install and tune. I have personally installed two of these systems.
As for the manifold, I used the Speedline SBF manifold and found the quality to be excellent and half the price of the Inglese.

Hi Cliff,

Any chance of a link to the Speedline intake?

Cheers
Mark

Hi,
I can recommend AT Power IDA throttle bodies, as I've built 2 systems on 302 engines with these units
However, if you want the period IDA Weber look, I'd wait until next year when Jenvey release their IDA heritage throttle bodies
Regards,
Andy

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Those AT Power products look the cats meow, thanks for the heads up.

Cliff, did you mean Redline, I'm not finding anything under Speedline?

Thanks,
Julian

Sorry, duh, meant Speedmaster, not Speedline.

I would guess the Speedmaster manifolds are manufactured in China....? However, the quality and fit is very good, and the linkage works very well. There are extra ports for a variety of things (water temp, manifold pressure, etc.) and there's a common plenum (common to all 8 inlets) which makes the pressure reading very steady/reliable. Good value for the money.

Hi,
I can recommend AT Power IDA throttle bodies, as I've built 2 systems on 302 engines with these units
However, if you want the period IDA Weber look, I'd wait until next year when Jenvey release their IDA heritage throttle bodies
Regards,
Andy
You think Jenvey will release weber type replica EFI? I'm looking at their website, don't see anything there unfortunately.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Re: Jenvey.
Southern GT has the Jenvey 8 Stack for testing for their product line. Mick also used his spare engine for dyno testing the 8 Stack pre NEC show. It was Micks engine Jenvey had on their NEC stand.
Both IDF and IDA systems with Motec will be available.

Best of luck

Morten

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Jim Inglese builds an EFI based Weber type system and Borla offers one as well if you want an alternative.

Dynatek brought a Classic Weber system to market about 10 years ago, but the rights got sold I think, not sure where that ended up.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
You think Jenvey will release weber type replica EFI? I'm looking at their website, don't see anything there unfortunately.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Borla EightStack is great, the problem has been the lack of production of a suitable intake manifold. I was close to invest £6k in the 8 Stack a couple of years back, but since then manifolds has been a recurring problem to obtain. Total for this was close to £8500 with manifold and Motec ecu.

Sticking to my plan of a twin Holley setup, and original Italian quad Weber 48 IDA

Morten

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
A quad manifold IDA for 302 & 351W with an airbox to work with the borla efi. I ended up in Australia for the manifold, but Borla couldnt matchfit it to their EightStack as I wanted so the £8500 purchase was cancelled.
It’s possibly better now, but I would make very sure its a complete system and not just the EightStack you buy if going that route. Sticking to my carbs:)

Morten

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
The Webcons are for carbs, not efi, and without an airbox. I’m sure with some machining you can get it to match up and work.
Its no problem getting quad manifolds for 302/351W/351C in Australia, but again for carbs. Or, just shoot a PM to Borla in the US

The Jenvey setup looks very promising as a complete system though.

Morten

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I thought most of the 8 stack EFI systems used an IDA or IDF pattern and you just needed to source the manifold, of which there are plenty? The only one that's a bit harder to find is for a Cleveland, but readily available from Aussie Speed. In re-reading the post I assume by airbox, you are referring to a vacuum plenum? I think most folks just drill and tap each runner for a screw in hose barb (or AN hard line) and connect to an 8 way vacuum plenum box. If you want vacuum assist for brakes that dilemma exists with carbs and EFI, unless you use a dedicated vacuum pump.

This is the page for the Jenvey setup

Back