Been a while since my last post but that does not mean I have not been busy.
I have spent a lot of time thinking about how all the bits go together and how they impact on each other. I don't want to go and finish the panels to find out in need to take some back off to modify for the services. Been ordering a lot of parts to trial fit and see what particular issues they have.
Had to make some changes to the pedal box, actually fitted a Wilwood one now with master cylinders that go through the front bulkhead, due mainly to my long legs and big feet. Also had to make some mods to the steering. The mounting bracket for the power steering motor was about 50mm out of place and not lining up in the middle of the dash, so that came off and got re welded in a better position that also helped with the steering column location.
I did complete panels on one side of the car, and then temporarily fitted the suspension to check there was no interference. I also did the panels in the cockpit.
The sill panels are done and the brackets for holding in the fuel tanks so I could set the location and plan the fuel connections.
I was also unclear about how the body fitted so took some time to fit the spider at the weekend and the front body mounts so I could check the alignment. That was a challenge and took quite a bit of finessing to get it right (I think).
Getting rol bar into place and bolting it down was a bit of a challange too, but with the help of a mate and the measure four times, have a cuppa, think about it a bit more, and measure again, then drill principle, we got it done.
Rested the windscreen in place and it is not far away, but had to pull and push the front of the spider a little to get it to line up with the chassis. I think it maybe twisted while sitting unsupported on the floor. Heading of on holiday for about three weeks so hope the spider will have relaxed into its new shape by the time I get back.
Starting to look like a car now.