Anyone know where to get this style of small 930 CV boot?

Chris Kouba

Supporter
These are the ones I am using and which have worked flawlessly after the supplied ones shredded in ~500 miles:

https://www.kartek.com/parts/empi-8...oot-for-8693020-or-9345ssbf-boot-flanges.html

5TXyl6jEWavZl3T6ZMTLBN72568hhFWh8tQnNKXgvZH7vFYJ6AVAK6vGjBnIaxaRxkLE5f7uNLjaj6OpMleRa3wUuwIKYcwMJKK3yaBkZtIAhAqectuZ9LOQO4ZyuBOX9qHtRUxNeeD_YAsGxUWdtVYtDRtAlhzVbv3SwqcPFm5YeHLU0XAQN0bfoUNl1l0cfU3ngVqEUruI4_0Gwcv6DQTqVtKI8fAZi14TPZQ4ev9j-ogQ_XEicfRDnLX0k9zpzwiYKocImGeL-9fvNMIdhFz3TYYlGbmGXQJF-TOyug5Lp86Mdm_tYMgusML6b4eAro19odW5SQo9g2MEwpa5PZ3qgAPvX-hS_Ezw2PKMHyl7o8XgRKWmvbYBjEw32PtdfwvJ-pBV-kT2GYBzZ6Bvht7mykPY_o0Mw8zk7zBe-IG52qzD0RMmmvjxJfywNNiNYXPAGy5W61hd4aqAyGgT6VxRqECztXuslesOLcOmu9Cyp7y_VRYiiWV6IXsVm2F9_DFe6jnLvwWzDrxMv1_Qpc2AJAg_cnnQmQeaTi6_b282z26SIGA2-p1cGzObUjcRbMFcLQ=w1394-h784-no

Got mine at autozone - P/N K1094. Do you have a mixture of CV joints and universal joints on each axle?

John

Neil

Supporter
At high speed the rubber CV boots swell outward due to centrifugal force and this sometimes causes them to rupture, slinging grease everywhere. The usual trick to prevent this is to place a couple of nylon Ty-wraps around the convolutions of the boots.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
My usual trick to prevent the concertina boots failing is not to use them, I switched to an 'aero' style boot and never looked back.

In the UK look up Merlin Motorsports, they refer to them as a 'fast boot' style.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I don't know if this "tip" is applicable, but I had to purchase a number of these (the desired style from the author) before finding one that would actually slip over the retaining flange. 90% of the ones I ordered were too small, even though it was sold as a 930 boot. Before I found what I could use, I tried to stretched the boot over a wood disc (over several days) to try and get the large-end diameter big enough to slip onto the flange. It was a frustrating ordeal, but these shorter (pyramid) boots were the only ones I could use to prevent interference with other components. The aero boots are better for that IF you have have a small CV angle, and the $$$ for 4 of them.

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Julian, are those aero boots available in the states ? If so, could you please send a link to where. THANKS
Regards Brian

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
There are high angle (14 degree) versions available. I can't believe the Pegasus price on these things now, I'm sure I paid less than $20 the last time I purchased any; I guess that goes to show how long they last!

Thanks for the replies all, unfortunately none of the other boots are suitable - long off-road boots are too large and get nipped because I have through-bearing CV's - and the tin housings for aero boots hit the driveshafts on droop:

DSC00379.jpg

Fortunately it turns out that of all things a Vauxhall Astra outer boot was a little smaller than those I initially posted and fits perfectly - whether it'll stand up to the plunge I'm not 100% on but it seems okay.

Last edited:
Back