Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

Welcome, Eddy...

...I´d be keen on hearing your experiences with your 916 since I´m a (happy) 996 rider.

Nice pics, BTW :thumbsup:

Marcus

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
LOVELY old Triumph. How could you let go of that? (of course, I say the same thing to myself about my 850 Commando, much missed)

Keith

This set up would be a hoot on a twisting road course, hur hur hur :laugh:

What a numpty....:furious:

My 996 now got a younger sister, a 1098 S which moved into our house yesterday...

Attachments

• 1098_1.jpg
    1098_1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 793
  • 1098_996_2.jpg
    1098_996_2.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 329

Keith

Are you sure they're related? She looks a little bit Asian to me....:shifty:

She may have pulled a fast one in order to get a visa...

Mahlzeit!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Very nice Marcus, but as my wife has said to me you can only ride one at a time why do you want more than one? A lot of answers sprang to mind, but prudence and fear stopped me replying.

Pete, miraculously that discussion never arose between Susanne and me.

However, when I expressed my humble wish to put the bikes into our drawing room during the winter ("stylish italian design", "eye catcher for our guests" etc.) she made it quite clear to me who is the government in our house and who only acts on a mere diplomatic level.

@ Keith: Prost!

I have a buddy who has maybe 15 Grand Prix level two strokes IN HIS HOUSE. Beautiful house. And... the best part, his wife is fine with it :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Oh well, it looks as though I'll have to ride the 1098 when i come over. How do we sort the insurance ? How about a short trip - Innsbruck and the over the pass to Verona day 1, to Bologna and Imola day 2', Milano Maritime days 3 Then back to home by day 6?

Oh well, it looks as though I'll have to ride the 1098 when i come over. How do we sort the insurance ? How about a short trip - Innsbruck and the over the pass to Verona day 1, to Bologna and Imola day 2', Milano Maritime days 3 Then back to home by day 6?

I´m in for all above alternatives. What fun :)

Insurance no problem, just telling my insurance agent that this guy is not only used to low level flying but also creates his own weather!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I´m in for all above alternatives. What fun :)

Insurance no problem, just telling my insurance agent that this guy is not only used to low level flying but also creates his own weather!

But has your agent seen him on a motor scooter? I have!:stunned:
The fastest scooter in Monaco!

Fran - I don't know much about the older bikes, is that a Norton Manx?
BTW: That dirt bike looks like my Honda CR500, only maybe it's the smaller two-fiddy.

Back