Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Marcus has had an accident at the circuit in Valencia. He high sided his Ducati and then
challenged a gravel trap. He was treated at the circuit first and then down town Valencia.
He has tons of painkillers and has been released last night. am quite concerned as is Marcus about the condition of his Ducati as ts the one am riding to Austria in the spring and also the one he will bequeath to me if he totals himself.
He has described the Ducati as a bit rough.

Marcus has had an accident at the circuit in Valencia. He high sided his Ducati and then
challenged a gravel trap. He was treated at the circuit first and then down town Valencia.
He has tons of painkillers and has been released last night. am quite concerned as is Marcus about the condition of his Ducati as ts the one am riding to Austria in the spring and also the one he will bequeath to me if he totals himself.
He has described the Ducati as a bit rough.

Nothing broken then Marcus thank god, the bike is only nuts and bolts David and repairing that is the straight forward bit. Where`s the vid?

Bob

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I'm concerned that the frame might have twisted as most Tank Slappers and High Siders often end up with. Marcus ? Nothing that a few pain killers wont sort out but this Ducati - well, he was going to leave it for me if he had a major trauma - but I don't want a bent one.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
He did have a Video running at the time, he destroyed his leathers and his helmet, and is now going to buy a Ducati Panigale in race specification.
We just had a lengthy discussion and his ribs were compressed so for a while so he could not breath - and it might seem his knee might have suffered a forward bending moment and is swollen. Everything hurts and more so when he laughs.
this was his last email :

Oh yes...getting up has never been so painful. And Susanne had to dress me up.

I'll not check the website until I've doubled my dose of painkillers ;-)

Marcus

Keith

He mailed me with news of the prang and I am extremely worried that the bike is severely damaged and can't be repaired.

Told him not to be such a dumkopf and that he's far too old to go around slapping tanks & crashing such a lovely bike...:shout:

He did have a Video running at the time, he destroyed his leathers and his helmet, and is now going to buy a Ducati Panigale in race specification.
We just had a lengthy discussion and his ribs were compressed so for a while so he could not breath - and it might seem his knee might have suffered a forward bending moment and is swollen. Everything hurts and more so when he laughs.
this was his last email :

Oh yes...getting up has never been so painful. And Susanne had to dress me up.

I'll not check the website until I've doubled my dose of painkillers ;-)

Marcus

We now have the xray of Marcus`s knee
11041802_10152877443122885_4317100327815623131_n.jpg

Attachments

• 11041802_10152877443122885_4317100327815623131_n.jpg
    11041802_10152877443122885_4317100327815623131_n.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 319
Thank you all so much for your good wishes.

All still quite painful as now all the other parts of my body want to show me that they were also subjected to the impact.

I´ll try to post the video just in case anyone happens to be interested.

Marcus

P.S.: Thank you also for trying hard not making me laugh. So far, you´ve done not too well :laugh: That hurts!

That is a seriously fast corner at exit, which would require serious HP to spin the tire like Marco is doing. I ran off there in qualifying a few months back, let me say first hand - there isnt much traction out there in the grass. Did anyone happen to see the crash in that corner during the World Superbike weekeknd??? Serious high speed bouncing, cartwheeling and such. The guy was soooo lucky to get up with just a minor finger injury.

Get well soon Marcus (and having had damaged ribs in the past - I won't make any jokes).

Excellent. Wishing them all the best for their races in Belgium. :thumbsup:

I heard that these Moto Cross guys are a very tough bunch don´t even bother seeing a doctor because of a broken collar bone...

The world has gone mad, I went to watch the boys last weekend at a local motocross event , eat loads of dust and dodgy beefburgers . In one of the races there was of all things and electric motocross bike, no noise and the poxy thing won its race.:huh: E motocross is on its way :thumbsdown:

KTM FREERIDE E 2015

Bob

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nothing wrong with different powerplants in motorcycles or cars...
My Honda eCBR would "Shock" you with 450 amps @ 72 volts.
Zero to sixty in under 4 seconds with a 180# rider.
Not totally silent though. The chain and electric motor emit a whine not unlike a turbine..

One day I will get my ZX600e out of mothballs and finish its conversion to electric.
Oh and let it be known that I am not into this sort of power as part of some "save the earth from fossil fuels" campaign.. I just like alternative forms of power and the lure of 100% torque at zero RPM is amazing.

-- edit --
Pity that the KTM bike does not appear to be available here in the USA. I have to wonder why?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My nephew Teo giving it large at Cadwell Pk

Wow...compared to your nephew I look more like a lame duck...

Leaving to Oschersleben track tomorrow. Wish me luck, 3 fatalities during bike trackdays over the last 4 months :worried:

Attachments

• Marcus_Valencia_7.jpg
    Marcus_Valencia_7.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 163

Keith

Leaving to Oschersleben track tomorrow. Wish me luck, 3 fatalities during bike trackdays over the last 4 months :worried:

Yeah, er, greets Marcus. Considering the above, do you want to pay for lunch now? I can take Paypal... :shifty:

Back