Supporter
Parts used........

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 1,078

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The reason for this monstrosity is that the shift pattern of the 930 trans is as normal however the G50 & 52 is opposite according to my single rod shift system
comprendo eh ?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
New PB established on resurfaced track --only 2 secs per lap off the leaders -- LSD worked a treat --everything fell together nicely -- EXCEPT! for 3rd gear which gave up engaging after the first few laps --"fixerup" and look forward to the next event

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Went for a bit of a doodle around Queensland Raceways last week end -- with temps in high 30s --which was a good test for the little tiger, especially the 30 minute sessions -- finished up 2nd in class, surprisingly
Car handled it really well --driver needs youth pills --only issues of boiling trans oil and a CV boot failure
Any way --looking at the pic I think all that Aero stuff must be a tad overated:shifty:

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=6f7ddcc2999c128c55f02e72445f3368&oe=5A7A0D5F

Attachments

• 22859683_1627421007303952_167843256119731857_o.jpg
    22859683_1627421007303952_167843256119731857_o.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,257
Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
.....Also , a big thanks to "Holley Hydramat" (google it) -- fuel surging problem solvered:thumbsup:
Was poised to employ a secondary fuel pump and surge tank -- more things to bugger up plus added weight --decided to give the hydramat a shot and yes can thoroughly recommend it

Last edited:
2nd in Class, Congratulations, really well done. Best looking car in that group too. Can you let me know the brand of the Youth pills when you find them.
Regards, Udo.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratz on the podium finish!

.....Also , a big thanks to "Holley Hydramat" (google it) -- fuel surging problem solvered:thumbsup:
Was poised to employ a secondary fuel pump and surge tank -- more things to bugger up plus added weight --decided to give the hydramat a shot and yes can thoroughly recommend it

This is great news - I will be picking one up!

Congrats on the podium mate, 2nd not to shabby for an ole fart aye,
hopefully will have a little Orange mongrel to keep you company next time.
cheers John

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The most rewarding part of the race event is when people (fans:uneasy:) come to me and say "she gits along OK eh!" and then "what is it?" explanation, then "best sounding car out there!!" ---YES! high 5. Guess I can only liken it to the Mercedes C63 AMG that was in another event which it won and sounded superbly

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hey Rod - had a couple weeks in the US recently centred around Ottumwa and Albia --touch down cedar rapids , exit Des Moines . -28°C was a bit of shock treatment tho as we're used to +30/40°C atmo
Ross McComb (Quick time bellhousings etc) was our host and he took care of us like long lost brothers -- had a 12 hour old beer from one of the kegs at Budweiser brewery, clambered up the "Arch" while we were at St Louis
Had a beer and steak with Mark Twain on the Mississippi --checked out Gateway Classics IL -- special guided tour of Knoxville speedway museum and surrounds
Met some good old boys (hometown fabrications) at Albia who were, amongst other things, busily reinventing the suspension and geometry for their mustang drift car --there was also an introduction to weaponry and moonshine :::)?
All in all 'twas a great and memorable excursion and learned of a nice beer with a bit of kick --VOODOO RANGER Belgian apparently

Your cars' grandpa. All the same car over the years.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 742
Last edited by a moderator:

flatchat(Chris)