Bin Laden dead

Here's a topical one for you:-

What's the similarity between Kate Middleton and Osama Bin Laden?

Last week they both had their back doors smashed in and were shot in the face by a bloke in the navy

:)

Keith

Ha ha, like that one mate.. :thumbsup:

Finally, on behalf of the moderate, peace loving international community consisting of all flavours from left to right:

300.jpg

Posted on a friend of a friend's face book page in response to Bin Laden’s death, both ex army so even more poignant.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" ~ Martin Luther King Jr. from the book The Strength to Love.

Keith

Nice quote Nick but unfortunately he didn't say ALL of that. First sentence is by a lady named Jessica Dovey from her Facebook page.

The last 3 sentences are his.

However, it works well together and I think perhaps MLK would have approved... :)

Nick,
A nice philosophy in life for sure but I don't think many will mourn the killing of a mass murderer or question the method.
We may have to live a little longer in the darkness, but that's life. Love had no place in the heart of Bin Laden and no amount of it would have saved his soul.
I was in Moscow airport when Al Quada sent a suicide bomber to blow up innocent civilians so I know what his evil looks like first hand. He had it coming and then some.

Martin

I demand pictures!! I want to see this bastard with his head blown apart....sorry but I would take great delight in it...
1st we give this ahole a nice clean burial then we refuse to release pictures of him dead, Why cause we're afraid we may offend the enemy??
Well Efff them!! I was offended when they attacked my country..
I'm so sick of our actions being dictated by these aholes,
I don't want my government telling me "we got him" and that's the end of it. this has nothing to do with our national security...Give me my satisfaction!

Nice quote Nick but unfortunately he didn't say ALL of that. First sentence is by a lady named Jessica Dovey from her Facebook page.

The last 3 sentences are his.

However, it works well together and I think perhaps MLK would have approved... :)

Keith,

Thanks for that.

Nick,
A nice philosophy in life for sure but I don't think many will mourn the killing of a mass murderer or question the method.

Martin

Martin,

I will not mourn it, but I will not rejoice either.

I witnessed some rejoicing when the twin towers collapsed and it sickened me and others, who expressed their disgust.

I witnessed the courage from the sister of a woman killed in the 7/7 bombings speaking on the news, and it gave me hope.

Esther Hyman, 42, from Cowley, said bin Laden’s death was not “cause to celebrate”. Her sister Miriam was killed in the London bombings on July 7, 2005. She said the joyous scenes seemed “undignified”.

She added: “To be honest, I am a little bit saddened by it because personally I do not think it is cause to celebrate.

“It is just another person who has died. Another violent death in the seemingly endless stream of people dying in this conflict.

Last edited:
You'll have to copy and paste this to your browser.
>
> A lengthy article which says Leon Panetta gave the order for the Osama raid
> because Obama was incapable of making the decision. Seems to have a lot of
> detail about what went on including getting Obama back off the golf course
> after the Go order was given by Panetta.
>
> Scary stuff if this is true. Who knows what's true anymore? The White House
> story of the Osama raid changed so many times, they have finally stopped
> saying anything.
>
>
> White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty
> issued-order-to-kill-osama-bin-laden/
>

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Domtoni,

Thats very funny, but I think you need to move this to the jokes section.

Unless there is a sour grapes section?

Last edited:
Nick,

I hear you. I'm not rejoicing either, just very glad he's dead and gone. There are some very brave people out there for sure. Sometimes I can relate to their sentiments and sometimes not.

What gives me hope is the common man. In every country around the world, the general population are peace loving, moderate and tolerant. Iraq, Iran, Libya and Syria included. It's the politicians and governments that are corrupt and aggressive to gain or maintain power and influence. Most people love life, their families and friendships in a civil, social society. It's when that society breaks down that divisions appear and are acted upon by leaders, politicians and Military men to further their own coarse.
Bin Laden was radicalised during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan where society was severely fractured and a common enemy was apparant. He gained followers as a freedom fighter then twisted it into Jihad against the West when the Russians left. He probably always had those desires. Having been educated in Britain, he certainly had a lot of exposure to Western ideals, but the invasion gave him a vehicle and a justification. There are lessons to be learned from History..

Martin

Howard Jones

Supporter
I can understand why people don't wish to cheer when violence and death visits. So in the most respectful way I can I want to remind us all that to equate evil with its victims is equally wrong.

The satisfaction that a lot of us feel in the killing of OBL is not that we what to see death and violence. I've seen enough for a lifetime. The hope in his death is that we are just a bit closer to the end of this chapter and I cheer for the day that the books are closed on this radical muslim attack on civiliation.

As far as what he did or what he didn't do. Obama did the only thing he could do. No other President would have done anything else. As far as timing goes, President Reagan may have pulled the trigger a little quicker than jimmie carter or obama but in the end the trigger would have been, and was pulled.

The only heroes in all this are the men and women of our Armed Forces. Last weekend it was the Navy Seals turn in the barrel. God bless and keep them and God bless America and our friends around the world.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The satisfaction that a lot of us feel in the killing of OBL is not that we what to see death and violence. I've seen enough for a lifetime. The hope in his death is that we are just a bit closer to the end of this chapter and I cheer for the day that the books are closed on this radical muslim attack on civiliation.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard,

I sincerely hope so but I fear in reality his death will achieve very little, and his place will soon be filled by another.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Martin,

So true. Remember it was western nations, primarily the USA & Britain, through their intelligence agencies, that elevated, provided succour and money to the likes of OBL, to frustrate the Soviet Union's ambitions in Afghanistan. Our countries helped to create him. Very short sighted.
Lets hope we are still not going down that route, but i fear we are, on many fronts.

Nick,
We may have to live a little longer in the darkness, but that's life. Love had no place in the heart of Bin Laden and no amount of it would have saved his soul.
I was in Moscow airport when Al Quada sent a suicide bomber to blow up innocent civilians so I know what his evil looks like first hand. He had it coming and then some.

Martin

I'm with you on this Martin.
No rejoicing, just quiet satisfaction. Justice and hopefully closure for many.

Now here's a surprise, shock horror! Head Fairy Tale believer "uncomfortable" with Bin Laden killing:
BBC News - Archbishop 'uncomfortable' over Bin Laden unarmed death

How nice of him to sit and pontificate. And his qualifications to be able to pass judgement are exactly what? Extensive study of theology I suppose which in my opinion is about as relevant and usefull as extensive study of Hans Kristian Anderson's fairy tales.

Jason, well put. He is overtly political when he should keep his gob shut....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
If there had been a funeral, Elton John would have composed a new song.
Sandals in the bin!
...........................................................................................................

There was an old man called Osama, who caused the Yanks much drama.
They spotted his head and shot the c*nt dead and that's what they call
f*ckin Karma.

Back