Calling Old Members

Joined in 2004, started reading the forum back in 99 I think.. found it after I stumbled on ERA's 40 replica site. Still read few times a week but don't post as much after I sold my SPF.. do miss that car, wish I had the space and time for it.

I'm still here, reading more often than posting. I had an addiction and had to attended ForumAA to preserve what little sanity I have left, which isn't much.

So, Hi to you old friends. :)

what Is old?

as in age, or long time members?
not important in the scheme of things, I'm still here and actually making progress I think.

Ryan

Hi Ian, missed this post the first time, I'm still reading here.

Been somewhat distracted from my project as amongst other things I've been doing some kart racing and a couple of races in a friends modified BMW . Also bought an older already built Birkin 7 with a RX7 12A Mazda rotary engine, which although it looks good in the picture turned out to need an almost complete mechanical rebuild so that took most of a year. But I'm still persevering on the Canamsa project, having some parts made
and working on wishbone jigs at the moment.

BZg4RfGpxtSN2cDliWfwECyc0wggNmKAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Ian
Yes I think I am an older and old member.
I check in and look at the whole list of columns and got through. However I don't past unless I have something to add. I had a loss (major) lof my eyesight this time last year. I went from 69 years of 20/15 - 20/20 to I can't see. posterior vitreous detachment or PVD. That happened in1-2 months time. Next was eye surgry on the back of both eyes to put my eyes back together. One at a time. So that was finished in December or so.

New glasses as my eyes adjusted. 3 times. I the lost 4 lines of vision from February through April. Surgery is still holding up, but the vitreous in the eye affected the eye lenses. So I now need new lenses. I'm deciding which type of surgery to do laser or a knife. then you have a choice of near or far vision ($$). The 3rd choice is a lens that is a compromise of both ($$$$). Hey guys its MY eyes spend the money.

I'm just so HAPPY to see! I'm 20/60 and 20/70 80 now. Lost some center vision because of PVD tares. on the macula lining.

Plus life is busy busy. Now doing an ISO 2001-2015 certification in 14 days.

I plan to use the forum to list the ERA GT40 MkI I've had completed. You should try to take pictures with my screwy eyes. But I have enough to list the car in several places . It is a BEAUTIFUL FORD Guardsman blue, 331 ci w 4-48 IDA Weber's, stainless steel chassis, AVON tires, LT 500 break in miles, and all the other touches.

So that is what I've been doing. Oh I got my medical license renewed for the FAA. Now I need to practice touch and goes in the Mooney. :thumbsup:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Grady
Eyesight is important and anything that reduces it sucks!

Good to hear you are on the improve and still around.

Ian

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys,
I am also still here although life has been getting in the way of fun things.
My wife's GT40 is still going ahead although slowly.
I have just fabricated a new cooling thermostat housing / radiator filler cap assembly for her 40 and also for another friend that is building a 40.
I have sorely missed the Dilemma and Jokes threads as no one seems to post to them much any more.
But I'm still breathing.
Dimi.

Still reading and posting....two or three thousand post now at this point I think. I sold my CAV a few years back, but I know of no other more informed, smart, creative, collegial, and good natured group of gearheads on the web than here at gt40s.com. Really a treat to be able to share and interact with the group.

I check out a few other forums (ferrarichat.com, lotustalk.com, etc.) but don't spend much time and post even less. Seems to be a disproportionate amount of checkbook mechanics and Meguirs experts there that's it's not really of much benefit.