Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...human interaction is scarce!

ian

Somewhat related to that; my Mrs and I had a nice surprise when we went out for dinner on Sunday. 'Put our masks on as we approached the entry to the restaurant...'then saw a notice on the door that read in part: "Those who are fully vaccinated need not wear a mask"! ('Same was true for the servers who'd been vaccinated.)

Our masks came off instantly!

Although we both carry our vaccination cards with us all the time, we weren't asked to show 'em. They used the honor system.

This was the first time in well over a year that everything felt downright "normal" all evening long!

Hello all,

I had my second AstraZeneca jab last Friday afternoon too. No side effects at all.
Keeping up the hygiene & precautions though, what with the new strains doing the rounds.

First motor racing for me last weekend since the Goodwood Revival 2019 ! Brands Hatch Masters with 3999 other spectators.

Regards Steve

First Pfizer tuesday 8th, any change in hairstyle would be welcome compared to the barren crop these days due for #2 on the 24th, too busy to notice any affects. Does the $5g get direct credited?

I had both jabs a month and a half ago or so and all is well. Three weeks ago masks were no longer required where I volunteer on Saturday and a week ago was the end of mandatory masks at church

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Yesterday was the 1st time since the C-19 "social distance" / "mask" mandates were decreed that I've seen co-hosts (5 of them in this case) on a T.V. show sitting 2 or 3 feet apart from each other around a rather small table...and none wore a mask.

'Whodah thunk' that would ever be possible again?

'Progress... ;-)

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Had 2 AZ jabs, last one in June. Summer hols...ok... returned to work for 3 days and.... caught a bad case of COVID!!!!!!!!

Lets just say Latte in Latte out for 3 days!!!!!!! lost all smell and taste didn't eat for 4 days, PCR tests isolation for 10 days and today was my first day back at work so I thought I would shock my body a little by walking to work (3 miles) I survived and who knows how bad I would have been without the jabs...... who needs a booster jab when I have COVID antibodies running through my blood..... I'm available to lick anybody's face if requested....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Got my first two Pfizer shots back in February and just got back from the VA Hospital in Dallas where I got my annual Flu shot and my 3rd Pfizer (booster) shot... Now we have to find a place to have the missus shot with Moderna...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The Mrs and I will be getting C-19 antibody tests before we get booster shots.
If our antibody count is sufficiently high, we aren't getting the boosters.
WHY would/SHOULD getting 'em be necessary?

Are you required to get same/same manufacturer for boosters? Got mine back in Feb, hoping I can get a booster here soon.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Are you required to get same/same manufacturer for boosters? Got mine back in Feb, hoping I can get a booster here soon.

Does my booster vaccine or third dose need to be the same brand as my initial vaccine?
If possible, yes. The CDC recommends that booster doses match the original mRNA vaccines people received earlier this year. This subsequent dose should be given at least 28 days after the second dose of the vaccine. If you absolutely cannot find a matching dose of vaccine, it would be OK to get the other one.

- U of Chicago Medicine

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Got my first two Pfizer shots back in February and just got back from the VA Hospital in Dallas where I got my annual Flu shot and my 3rd Pfizer (booster) shot... Now we have to find a place to have the missus shot with Moderna...

I have to update -
Unfortunately, I was stricken with a very bad headache that started 24 hours after the shot. I am just now - almost 48 hours later - starting to feel better.
All things considered, I am probably better off with the side effects of the booster than the side effects of the actual virus.

I had no side effects . Fact is we are all different . We have lost a family member to covid who was not vaccinated.The side effects of covid can be much worse than a vaccination.
Fact is BILLIONS have had the shot without a problem.Thats the truth . I live in a state that has the 2nd highest death rate from covid in the WORLD. I personally know people who would rather rely on horse wormer than get a vaccination. You cant make sense of it because there is NO sense to it.

Back