DC Beltway GT40

Over the last 6 years, I'll bet I've spent 80% of my internet time on the GT40s.com website.
I am honored to be in such impressive company.
The passion, creativity and supportiveness I been witness to all these years on this site is truly inspirational.
The countless projects and posts have been, and continue to be critical to my sanity.
In the spring of '13, I took possession of SPF GT40P2295; an Olthoff assembled MK1 wide-tail homage to P1051.
My apologies for not posting anything earlier, as I did have countless questions.
Dennis Olthoff and his crew (especially Wess Kiser, EFI guru) nurtured/mentored/guided me through the entire process, and assembled an incredible machine.
I hope to upload some photos over the next few weeks.
My regards to everyone on this site.
chris

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Welcome Chris! Dennis and crew are good people and I look forward to seeing them when I pass through.

We need some pictures Chris! You been hiding!

Thank you for the warm reception gents.
Here is a link of my daughter and I at the local Cars and Coffee (I hope I am abiding by the rules by only posting a link): [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZcAUeqwF8]Ford GT40 Replica - Sound!! - YouTube[/ame]

All the best,
chris

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Chris, welcome!

P/1051, was that the Grady car?

She's a beauty, what motor/trany did you go with and is that a door lock I see?

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Welcome Chris, glad you're enjoying the people and the site! I'm surprised we have not had an GT40s at the Raleigh Cars and Coffee, I know there are some in the area and I'm fortunate that the event takes place literally 500 yards behind my house.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yes, there are door locks on the chassis. I saw this car when I collected a customers car at Olthoff's in April. Very nice and it was an incentive for me to finish the original type door lock kit.....you, know, the one that is STILL not done! I have the beta door that they used to fit the locks here and am using it to test out our setup.

I know Dennis had extra efforts to get the fuel injection "right" on this and I am told it paid off well.

Congrats on a killer car!

Back