F 5000, well sort of

Terry the product is called "Hull Liner" and is used mainly, as the title suggest for lining boat hulls, it comes in black and grey and you should be able to get it easy over there.
if you cant I can get some and send it over .

cheers John

Finally got the body and panels back from the paint shop, all I need now are the suspension bits ,they're on their way from the platers, and a flywheel and clutch,

newlypainted_zps594c82c6.jpg

the new sides, its actualy gen BRG, but the sun was to high and stuffed up the shots, just the Gurney flaps to be made and fitted to the leading edge of the nose cone sides and she's done.
sideson_zps634511b7.jpg

the lipstick is a very subtle gold and really looks the part in the right light.
and the new dash, and yep ill replace the name tags, I didn't realise they were that crooked, must have been a long day.

dash_zps6d67196b.jpg

cheers John

That is soooo cool and a real credit to you John. Love the paint should realy look the part on the track. What class would it be able to race in or is just suitable for a track day car, either way it will be a blast!!
I'm back at work and will be back in Brisbane on the 2nd of October. I have to pick up a 9'' carrier from Mango Hill and was hoping to keep coming up to you for a look at this beast in the flesh.
Let me know if that would suit you, Cheers Leon.

Hi Leon,mate anytime is fine by me, she aintgoing anywhere now until it goes on the trailer,
as for classification, I have been in Touch with CAMS and they are happy to log book her as a Formula Libre, and I have also spoke to people from the 5000 mob and I may be able to run under invitation,if it can perform to a decent level. so that's encouraging.
had planned to do all sorts today but the guy doing the Doco popped in for more footage so all I got done was to clean the rocker covers and make up and fit the Gurney flaps
Gurneyflapon_zpsce497292.jpg

also you can get a better idea of the colour this time.
hopefull I will get suspension componants and a clutch this week,as well as the sparky is coming Thursday or fri to wire it all up, so hey you never know , might be ready for a drive when you come up.

cheers John

You are right about that Terry, makes us look like real slackers. Haven't seen much from you for awhile (that's cheeky coming from me) you must just about be ready for paint are you. Anyway John will sort out my flight and work it for a day extra stay so should be the 2nd or 3rd of October. Cheers Leon.

Another milestone reached today, the car is now fully wired and ready to start, just as soon as the rest of my hose and fittings arrive to finish the oil system, I bit the bullet and got a loom made and when he came back with it today a couple of hrs to fit it and connect up the dash etc and all done, and no smoke got out, that has to be a bonus, I was going to get him to download the start up map into the computer , but I didn't have the 232 serial cable driver installed , so I did that when I got home this arvo and will download the map on the morrow.
almost there I can smell it.

cheers John

I bet you can smell it.
Well done John, it looks great in colour.

You will have to do some incar when you get it sorted,side of the helmet steering wheel and out the front.

Jim

Hi John, I will be in Brisbane at 10:20 on Wednesday, I'm planning on grabbing a rental from the Airport and heading straight up to you if that is convenient for you.
If not let me know and I will make other plans, flying out to NZ 11:25am Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car first hand. Cheers Leon.

Leon, that should be Ok the car has just left the shed for a couple of weeks while I wait for bits and to give me enough room to build a double decker trailer to carry it, but it will only be up the road and i'm sure Randal wont mind if I take you around to see the rocket, talking of which I wheeled it out side this morning prior to it heading off and took a couple of happy snaps.
front on and sitting on the transport wheels

theshark_zps0f0f2e12.jpg

lookin good even if I do say so meself
lookingood_zpse4f94261.jpg

cheers John

Hi Fred, a couple of weeks mate , while its away I have to build a double decker trailer to carry this and a Lotus 7, but when it comes back I should have everything I need to finish it , then we take to Brisbane for tune and then a track day. be patient wont be much longer.
cheers John

hello john after watching this build the speed and quality
of work you have done i doubt it will take you a couple
of weeks to build a trailer fantastic job john
chris

Well a change of plans , the boss wants his car finished asap, so trailer goes on hold and the car came back this morning, so I set about removing the trans to fit the new flywheel and clutch assy only to find it still dosnt fit, owner is not a happy chappy so ill have to wait to hear from Chris. I tell ya when you cant take a trick you really cant take a trick.
I had to shut the door and walk away before I did something i'd probably regret.
John

Hey John, it was great to meet you last week and get a look at the car in person. After seeing the car first hand I can only say good things, it is a neat little car and I'm sure it will go as good as it looks, hope you can get the fly wheel issue sorted quickly. Is there an event the owner wants to do pretty soon hence the pressure's on. Been working on the T/A since I've been home. hope to have some progress to post shortly.
Cheers Leon.

Hi mate yeh it was great to put another face to a name, glad you had a good day.
well you'll be glad to know I pulled off the biggest get out of jail manoeuvre since Steve McQueen jumped a fence on a motorbike. and I now have a clutch, you don't want to no how, only that I did and it works.
there is a rather large gathering of clubbies, ie lotus 7's up here on the coast next week for the annual clubby Nationals, and there expecting over 100 of the little rockets from all over Aus, a couple are even coming over from Perth. that would be approx. LA to New York for you USA residents, and he wants to have it going for the big track day next tue at lakeside, so we'll see if I can get it booked in for a tune fri or mon , fingers crossed.

cheers John

well it took a while but sans a couple of polishing jobs its all finished, had the first attempt at trying to down load a start up map into the ECU on sat morning but no go, it seems that the serial port adapter cable wasn't compatible , so ive orderd the one Autronic recommend and also down loaded the latest soft ware so hopefully tues when new cable arrives I can get the start up file in and she will make a noise.
the only good thing to come out of Sat morn was the fuel system has been checked and fuel pressure set and all is well, so that was a good thing,
oh yeh and one small prob I cant figure just yet , I cant get a decent pedal on the rear brakes, the fronts came up magic, but I have bled and bled the rears until I was blue in the face, but still the pedal disappears , there all there on the second pump. m/cyl is 5/8 and callipers are Willwood 4 pots, any one think of anything, I've double checked everything and I probably just cant see the forest for the trees.
anyway tomorrows another day
cheers John

The mouse has roared, and oh what a lovely sound it is. now to book for a dyno tune and its all done.

oh yes, I now have a full brake pedal, its amazing what can be accomplished when you bleed BOTH sides of the caliper, I must have had a seniors moment.

cheers John

well I can honestly say say now shes finished, we have to take her down to Brisbane for a tune but she goes, albeit a little on the rich side, but its only a start up map in there.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=094CT6M782o&feature=player_embedded"]Randall First Start - YouTube[/ame]

and one final pic all done, please excuse the old bugger sitting on the tyre, I couldn't get him to move.

DSC_03421_zpsab4cba3c.jpg

cheers John

Back