F 5000, well sort of

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
That is AWESOME !

Now, how about I ship my 49 project over to you to finish. I got sidetracked with another Lotus project and I'm sure you could finish mine quicker than me.

The latest excuse:

Attachments

• 100_1716.jpg
    100_1716.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
That looks the part mate. you will have to get some "incar" action once she running round the track. Cheers Leon

Corner weighted the old girl this morning , its a bit lighter on the front than I had hoped for, but at 62% rear and 38% front for a total of 566kg with driver, 20ltr fuel oil and water full, he'll have to learn to trail brake.
dyno tues, I wonder what we'll get, I reckon about 425.

cheers John

Well they say all good things must come to an end, and sadly after 8 months and approx. a thousand hrs the old girl is finished, the owner came and picked her up this morning, and off to her new home she went, first day out will be 5 Dec at Lake side raceway, so hopefully she will behave herself and perform as she should.
will post pics and vids as they come

finishedatlast_zpscda22f7c.jpg

cheers John

Hi Chris, had to pull it off the first time as we developed an oil leak at the dry sump pump that wouldn't go away and was the one fitting I couldn't get to in the chassis, pulled the engine, fitted a flare saver [ fibre cone washer] to the fitting and tightened it with a six foot bit of pipe lol, it aint gunna leak no more, he will organise another day later in the month as he's going down to Philip Island next week and ive got the Noosa Hill Climb.
wwill post results and vids as they come to hand.
clutch now works fine, btw, thanks mate, only mod that needs doing is to extend the fork mounting post about 10mm, everything else is aok.

cheers John

Looks good John, So when does the next project start. Hey Chris, I'm after some of those clevises that John has used on this car he told me that you make them, if you can PM me or contact me on my M20dreaming Build log. John we will have to catch up again soon to talk g/box, Uprights and wheels for your next project. I am close mate. Man that thing is so cool, makes me want to build one.
Cheers Leon.

Don't know if you guys follow cycling but your old mate, retired cyclist Robby mcwen just won a race in noosa. He sure would of liked that fine race car instead. Build some more. Brian

went back to the dyno today and got her all prepped up for nextweeks track day, best run came in at 360kw, but for the sake of safety and common sense we knocked it back to 300, even that will frighten the sh#t out of him
the best run of the day

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozFx_gLhk4Y]Steinard MK1 Formula Libre - YouTube[/ame]

cheers John

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice..

So I am curious how you detuned it? Realizing that you are totally electronically controlled and EFI.
With most engines in the carbureted world, detuning generally means compromising performance in other areas. Simple Red-line (rev limiter) restriction being the easiest.
It will still be a beast... :)

Hi Randy, was very simple just took some throttle and fuel out of it, but it still has almost 400 ft lbs of torque so it will still give him a fright.
cheers John

Back