GT40 pics

Hey all,
Been waiting for these pics for a long time, but finally got them through. The car is one that the company (Ford) still own over here in the UK. It is built to race spec, but has no racing pedigree apparently. The shots were taken at Dunton, the reasearch facility in Essex last November.(sorry if it takes abit to download them)

Brett
preview76.jpg

preview77.jpg

preview79.jpg

preview80.jpg

preview81.jpg

preview82.jpg

preview85.jpg

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Nice! This is original Mk.I, right? Never see this color before.
Can see slight negative camber in front, adjusted lower the suspension? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Regards

Thanks Yuji,
Your right original MK1. Don't know about the set-up, the car comes out very rarely. If you look at the bottom picture, that is Richard Parry-Jones getting onto the car, he was the only one allowed to drive it that day. Everyone was not happy as it was raining, we got the GT out and everyone just stood around in the rain. You should have seen the back end under heavy braking in the rain....SUPERB!

I'm away this weekend, but as you probably know, its Ford's 100th birthday celebrations. One of my colleagues is going to see if he can get some photos of any originals and hopefully some of the new prototype GT.

Brett

It appears as though the blonde in the passenger seat is either having second thoughts, or looking for the nearest
bathroom facilities! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Great photos! There are a few photos of this car available, but none so recent, or of such good quality. Thanks!
It's nice to see that the car isn't a garage queen, collecting dust!

Bill

Bill,
There is a story behind why the blonde is looking worried... RPJ had brought with him his personal Focus RS (which at that time had not been released on sale). He had by then managed to spin it more than a couple of times!!! Then he went out in the GT... that is why she looked so worried!! Even funnier, he then managed to stall it.... CLASSIC

Brett

Brett,

That certainly explains why she has that "Oops, I crapped my pants!" look on her face!
Spins in the wet, have had the same effect on me in the past! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

Brett,

That's the 40 that's driven around the track by ? Can't remember, sure you know the one I mean though. Not keen on the colour though!!

Regards,

J.P

Brett,

Is this the same car driven by Graham Hill at the Goodwood press day in 1965?
If so it was chassis 1008 owned by Ford of Great Britain & was painted in Linden Green. The car originally had Boranni wire wheels fitted so it's anyones guess as to when those horendous ferrari style 5 spoke wheels were fitted!

Regards, Paul.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I too do not particuarly care for the color....interesting, if you look at the original build specs in Ronnie Spains book a large number of the production 40's were painted some sort of green color. 1054 was "Pine Green", 1056 was "Metallic Light Green", 1057 was "Warwick Green" (whatever that is) 1072 was "Laurel Green", 1078 was "Borneo Green" ! 1104 was "Opalescent Dark Green".

Somehow the car does not call for a green color, JMHO.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm pretty sure this is the car that Chris Melia recently converted to Mk 2 & painted black for Goodwood etc this year

hi guys

just to help here is a photo in its Gulf colour scheme and then cloned to look like P1046.
This same car was also used for styling for the Ford GT.

regards
Chris.

Attachments

• DSC00771.JPG
    DSC00771.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,594
  • DSC00776.JPG
    DSC00776.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,600
  • DSC00778.JPG
    DSC00778.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,530
  • P1008w.jpg
    P1008w.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,518
  • P1008z.jpg
    P1008z.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,527
Last edited:
Nice job Chris

I wish I had the Balls to paint my GT40 green. I love it, but like a school
kid with the wrong shoes I couldn't take the flack.

Back