GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
except for perhaps the most trustworthy and compassionate president we've had in a long time, Jimmy Carter

Trump is nowhere the leader B.O. has been and never will be, no matter how many times we re-elect him.
LMAO if you say so

barack-obama-smoking-weed-video-i1.bmp

"What difference at this point does it make?"

Because I believe in one person, one vote. It shouldn't matter where they live. Every other elected office and ballot issue in America is a popular vote. Just one elected office is not. The past is the past, but we can still speak to our elected representatives, and ask them to eliminate the EC or hopefully states with another 105 Electoral votes will pass the "National Vote" legislation.

As for campaign strategies, with social media, TV, etc. like I needed the candidates to come to CA to make up my mind? I saw them everyday on TV. A personal appearance would make no difference. And they would have to fight in 50 states, not 5 or 6. Like the primaries.

The only difference to me is that more voters would go to the polls if their votes actually counted. Votes are suppressed when you know or think you know the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

It wasn't even close in CA and, as I said before, but for the importance of some local candidates, parcel taxes and state propositions, I might not have voted at all.

Speaking of acres and acres of unoccupied land, I visited UT this past summer. Whoa, not much there, there.

Forget about the 12th Amendment. Start boning up on the 25th Amendment, specifically Section or Article 4. :pepper:

Keith

The Electoral College came about because the FOunders wanted a buffer between the people and the President. They wanted the electors to have teh ability to reject someone compeltely unqualfied who was elected by the people.

Like, say...lol...

And no, I do not think the EC should do anything other than install Trump as President.

WITHIN the concept of the EC, to say the FOunders had a single intent as Larry is advocating is stupid.

Northern states wanted the number of electoral votes to exclude slaves.

Southern states wanted the number of electoral votes to be calcuated by including slaves.

Compromise: slaves were counted as 3/5 of a person. For our UK friends, no, I'm not kidding.

Big states wanted electoral votes calcualed solely on population.

Small states wanted electroral votes to be equally distributed between teh states.

Compromise: EC votes are calculated by teh number of members of teh House (by population) PLUS 2 for each state for each Senator (a set number).

Some of you guys show an appalling lack of understanding of our history and our constitutional history.

Hey Jeff, thanks for the info. There's a lot of stuff there (mainly all to be honest) unless you were a history major, that we never learned about. Fascinating stuff..

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Some of you guys show an appalling lack of understanding of our history and our constitutional history.

It's been 50+ years since I learned about our electoral system, and lots of important things have been "forgotten" since those high school years.

I find it easier to understand my failure to remember things (after all, as we age the brain tissue hardens and it becomes harder to not only remember new information, but also to retrieve previously learned information) than it is to understand why someone would persevere in "blind loyalty" to a system that has been outdated for a century just because of some historical figures who helped formulate the system. That's like saying the only cars we should own are those that were built by Pete Brock...not that I wouldn't love to own one of them :stunned:

Cheers!

Doug

Keith

You're all worrying for nothing. Trump will only be around for 4 years because in 2020 Mr Kim Kardashian will be your new President....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Heaven help us! If it's a choice between those two bozos I may just quit voting (NOT)!!!

However, if you'd have asked me 4 years ago if there were any possibility that our POTUS elect would be named "Trump", I'd have laughed at the thought...so, perhaps??????

Uggghhhhh!

Cheers, Keith!

Doug

I've been thinking about this 12A bit......

I suggest we compromise.

The progressive left gets repeal of 12A.

The center/right gets to audit/ purge voter rolls every 4 years and proof of US citizenship must be displayed to register and to vote.

Deal?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I love delusional right wing nutters who think they are "center right."

I still think the Electoral College has a place. I also know from studies and FACTS that your concern -- some crazy belief that millions of illegals voted -- is simply not true. The Bush Administration's Justice Department did a comprehensive study on voter fraud and found.....only a miniscule amount.

But I wold like to know the source of your believe that we have illegals and others who shouldn't voting on a regular basis? Infowars? Breitbart? Why would you make it hard for the poorest and most disadvantaged of our citizens to vote?

P.S. - you have to show proof of US citizenship to register NOW.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Hey Jeff, thanks for the info. There's a lot of stuff there (mainly all to be honest) unless you were a history major, that we never learned about. Fascinating stuff..

True that, and I was.

And you are right, that is fine (not knowing this stuff). I should have said that as well. Well, it's fine unless you start discussing it as if you know what the history was when you actually don't lo.

Is it a heavy flow day Ms Young?

Do you have something against auditing voter rolls to ensure that they are as legitimate as you seem to think? How could it not be a good idea?

Typical "tolerance" of opposing views I see, again you ALWAYS make me laugh!!!

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha......Cheers!

Keith

So now we have heavy duty insults being traded. Does this help the debate? Does this exchange assist foreigners (like me) understand US politics?

No.

It seems only to add benefit to your enemies who seem to be growing on a daily basis.. :thumbsdown:

Wise up guys!

And yes, I do understand that potentially, I would be speaking German if it wasn't for y'all, but honestly, it's starting to look like the better option..:lipsrsealed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back