GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Wow! Could the issue of border security bankrupt the US? President Trump wants both a huge increase in border agents PLUS an $8-BILLION dollar wall with little evidence that Mexico is going to pay toward the construction, now or later...

This is starting to sound like a budget-buster...could we do with just the increase in border agents?

I am curious how the rest of y'all feel about this...

Cheers!

Doug

A budget buster is hardly $8 billion, it's the $1 to $2 trillion we go over what we bring in every year. $9 trillion during Obama's reign, just about double the $4.6 of the unpatriotic Bush.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I understand that the Peso has been severly devalued as of late...
I wonder why?
:lipsrsealed:

Maybe not, but many thousands of those females were certainly OK with having those 3 nimrods speak on their behalf! What does that say about their character or wisdom?

BTW, you do have to give Trump credit: he got more obese women to get out and walk in one day then Michelle Obama did in 8 years of advocacy.:thumbsup:

I don't how we can establish how many females were OK with those 3 highly successful celebrities, but someone did give them a microphone. But who cares. The entire world protested last Saturday, even some in Antarctica:

Women's March Protests Reach Antarctica: Photos

Speaking of obese, have you measured your body fat % lately? There's the caliper test, hydrostatic (immersed in water) or DEXA (xray). Have you done one lately? Before we insult someone else's body composition, what's yours? And I'll tell ya, just because someone is skinny, doesn't necessarily mean they're body fat % is not in the obese range. :thumbsup:

A budget buster is hardly $8 billion, it's the $1 to $2 trillion we go over what we bring in every year. $9 trillion during Obama's reign, just about double the $4.6 of the unpatriotic Bush.

And yet, Obama had a 60% +/- approval rating when he left office. Terrible guy.

And if anyone thinks any government project is not going to go over budget, then I had a bridge to sell them. Assuming the wall gets built at all.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
...if anyone thinks any government project is not going to go over budget, then I had a bridge to sell them. Assuming the wall gets built at all.

Rod, I'm more than a bit concerned that the electoral college elected a President who does not write the checks he promises...remember "...knock the crap out of them, I'll pay your legal fees"?

His fascination with power has always been evident...but self control seems to be a weak area. He sure wants to spend a lot of $$$$, and I thought BO was bad about that. I don't think he could hold a candle up to what we're going to see from DT. The $$$ for the wall has to come from somewhere...

I lived in the hispanic culture in TX for some time...they are very creative and they WILL figure out how to get their money to their families in Mexico without having to sacrifice any of it to President Trump. I predict that the attempt to capture funds will be a mostly failed effort.

We're stuck paying for it b/c POTUS Trump can't afford to reneg on his most touted platform promise.

Mark my words... you heard it first right here.

Doug

Rod, I'm more than a bit concerned that the electoral college elected a President who does not write the checks he promises...remember "...knock the crap out of them, I'll pay your legal fees"?

His fascination with power has always been evident...but self control seems to be a weak area. He sure wants to spend a lot of $$$$, and I thought BO was bad about that. I don't think he could hold a candle up to what we're going to see from DT. The $$$ for the wall has to come from somewhere...

I lived in the hispanic culture in TX for some time...they are very creative and they WILL figure out how to get their money to their families in Mexico without having to sacrifice any of it to President Trump. I predict that the attempt to capture funds will be a mostly failed effort.

We're stuck paying for it b/c POTUS Trump can't afford to reneg on his most touted platform promise.

Mark my words... you heard it first right here.

Doug

I'm more than a bit concerned too.

A quote from somebody yesterday "If they go high, we go underneath, with tunnels.” It's a solution looking for a problem.

There was a funny South Park episode called "Last of the Meheecans" where the US Border Patrol is actually trying to KEEP Mexicans from leaving the US, since we need many of them to perform the work that Americans don't want to do. It's about the narcissistic viewpoint that America must be the best place in the world to live.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
...and don't forget...they are VERY good at tunneling. Look what they did for El Chapo!

Doug

...and don't forget...they are VERY good at tunneling. Look what they did for El Chapo!

Doug

Heck, I'm sure someone is working on a drone that could lift and drop people on the other side of the wall. Tunneling seems so old fashioned and hard work. :laugh:

And yet, Obama had a 60% +/- approval rating when he left office. Terrible guy.

And if anyone thinks any government project is not going to go over budget, then I had a bridge to sell them. Assuming the wall gets built at all.

And that % just shows the extent of an incredibly stupid electorate. I've spoken to a number of liberals that think that the national debt is just a number and voted for Obama because of his color. Some real thinkers there!

And that % just shows the extent of an incredibly stupid electorate. I've spoken to a number of liberals that think that the national debt is just a number and voted for Obama because of his color. Some real thinkers there!

That national debt # is only going to get ALOT higher.

So, you're saying the left are the "deplorables" now? :laugh:

Steve

Supporter
I don't how we can establish how many females were OK with those 3 highly successful celebrities, but someone did give them a microphone. But who cares. The entire world protested last Saturday, even some in Antarctica:

Women's March Protests Reach Antarctica: Photos

Speaking of obese, have you measured your body fat % lately? There's the caliper test, hydrostatic (immersed in water) or DEXA (xray). Have you done one lately? Before we insult someone else's body composition, what's yours? And I'll tell ya, just because someone is skinny, doesn't necessarily mean they're body fat % is not in the obese range. :thumbsup:

It's a joke, Rod. But since you're interested, I'm 5'9" and 155lb with a body fat less than 8%. And, knocking on 50, I still have washboard abs and can blow the doors off 75-80% of the field (of all ages) when I do triathlons. So...right back atcha:thumbsup:

It's a joke, Rod. But since you're interested, I'm 5'9" and 155lb with a body fat less than 8%. And, knocking on 50, I still have washboard abs and can blow the doors off 75-80% of the field (of all ages) when I do triathlons. So...right back atcha:thumbsup:

I would think a triathlete wouldn't make fun of obese women, when you know how much time (4+ hours) and energy it takes to stay fit.

And you're among the few in our society who cracks jokes about others' weight challenges and can actually back it up. Most can't. :thumbsup:

The only races I do nowadays are Spartans and the like. I've always been a mud/barbed wire/monkey bar/Ninja Warrior/climbing rope kinda guy. Long runs then to numb my brain. :laugh:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Which one of you old geezers wanna wrestle? I take that back only because this one time on another forum, Rod started asking me to send him nekked pictures so he could compare abs! It was then I just stopped visiting that forum and decided it best to avoid Rod at any cost. And then he showed up here... sigh

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like we will pay for "the wall" if President Trump has his way...his plan is to put a 20% tariff on products from Mexico.
How does that make Mexico pay?
The end buyer in America pays the tariff, not Mexico.
I'm a bit surprised...thought President Trump is, as he so often claims, smart. Does he think the American public can't see through this?
What I think will happen is a boycot of products from Mexico...not a bad plan, perhaps...I try to buy American products as often as I have the option. That might be a bright spot in this "Build that wall!" black cloud.

No cheers for this hare-brained scheme!

Doug

Mexico exports about $400 billion a year, about $290 billion to the US. Don't you think that they might want to make a deal rather than taking a huge hit on US exports? A $15 billion wall represents about 5% of their US exports.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Mexico's political leadership has been consistent in their assertion that they will not pay for the wall. I can't see a sovereign country allowing the United States to demand they pay for something they don't want and don't want to pay for.

As for a hit on their exports to the U.S. (that was what you meant, right , Al?)...like I said, I'm a big believer in "...buy American", even to the point that I refuse to buy produce brought into the US from Mexico. About the only Mexican product I purchase would be Patron XO, their coffee flavored tequila...and not much of that!

Could President Trump ban all imports from Mexico? I think that would have a much greater impact on the Mexicans than just adding 20% to the price of the items they export to the US to cover a 20% tarrif, which would just place the responsibility of funding the wall on US citizens. Admittedly that would probably result in price increases due to decreased supply of certain products...but alternatives exist and if there were vigilant oversight of imports from Mexico it might be possible to leverage Mexico's cooperation in that manner.

...but in the end, I, for one, do not expect Mexico to pay out of pocket for ANYTHING that would curtail their "invasion" (my term, my non-military opinion) of the USA.

I think our President has written yet another check that he can't cash...but he's pretty cagey, so maybe he can come up with other sanctions that would be effective. Mexico is not going to give in voluntarily...not on your life!

I continue to hope Trump is successful...but so far he seems to have shot himself in the foot at almost every turn. Hoping against hope, here!

Cheers!

Doug

I don't think he shot himself anywhere, I think Mexico would pay 5% of exports for a wall rather than lose 30% or 40% of their exports due to a tariff. I don't know what they would lose, but I bet it's going to be a lot. Even if they lost 20%, that would be $58 billion, thats huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back