GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...perhaps you're judging yourself a bit too harshly. :pleased:

Larry, your prepubescent posts don't distract others from knowing that you support a bigot-racist-misogynist-neo-Nazi-fascist-moron. I know what that tells me about you and others that still support 45.

As for the GOP, plenty of members are jumping ship just like George Will left the GOP over a year ago.

Speaking of "jumping ship," those two business councils are now history. 45 disbanded them after the many of the business leaders began fleeing after 45's remarks of support for the Neo-Nazi's. Who's next? Cabinet members? Advisors? Did you Gen. John Kelly, 45's chief of staff, at the press conference? His head was down the entire time.

It's a sinking boat. 45 is lame duck 7-8 months into his presidency. Not so shocking to me. At least 65,000,000 of us knew already. Sad. :sad:

IMO, dumb. No one is sanitizing history. There are books and museums for history.

Unfortunately, Heather Heyer was killed, due in part, to the protest of the Robert E. Lee monument. Lee was indicted for treason and would have been convicted, except Ulysses S. Grant would have resigned his commission. Lee was responsible for fighting against the United States and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of soldiers.

No one is being killed at the Lincoln Memorial.

I stopped reading right there.

Sure you did.

...perhaps you're judging yourself a bit too harshly. :pleased:

Your post wasn't funny, but it was immature. Again, this is what the far right-alt right does to distract people from what the inept misogynist-bigot-racist moron does in office.

With a 1/3 approval rating and sinking, you're certainly in the minority for supporting the schmuck.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

I would have voted for C. Rice for POTUS in a heartbeat!

She was bright, articulate and compassionate...the exact opposite of what we got.

My attitude about the statues, etc., is that they are NOT a tacit approval of slavery, they are simply structures to honor certain individuals who had huge impacts on our society. Whether those impacts were "Politically Correct", or not, is a matter of opinion, NOT a matter of fact. If those southerners wanted to honor those individuals, they CAN and SHOULD be allowed to honor them in any legal manner they choose.

I find the desecration of those statues deplorable because they ARE works of art. As an artist I realize that the artwork can elicit some strong reactions, but the Statues are not the only artistic creations that have that potential. To have destroyed them as objectional was deplorable. Great art work, regardless of the medium, is capable of eliciting emotion, that is it's purpose.

One of my most vivid childhood memories is of the fantastic sculptures (statues) displayed in Jackson, Mississipi...they were splendid works of art, plain and simple, to me and to many others.

They say art is in the eyes of the beholder. I am sorry for those who will never get to see those incredible works of art, having been viciously deprived of that pleasure by individuals whom, I am firmly convinced, are simply not willing to entertain the idea that the intent of the statues was simply to provide pleasure.

However, with the Trumpatollah encouraging intolerance and violence, what else could one expect?

We have been, and will continue to be, inundated with negativity from our country's leader...so those bozos with a loaded rifle on an Easy Rider rifle rack (or driving their car at a high rate of speed into a crowd) are only trying to honor their "leader" by following his lead.

Whether you like it, or not, it is IMHO the truth...he may have been the lesser of two evils, but at this sad stage of time I think he is SO EVIL that we can expect it to only get worse until we can correct the mistake made by the Electoral College.

Doug

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Doug, I couldn't agree more. What these statues represent (and I don't know what exactly they originally represented) is separate from the fact that they are fascinating works of art, and they are a part of history, pleasant or not. They should be preserved somewhere, if not on public property. Seeing them destroyed, as a result of short-sighted red mist (the same of which, but to a much lesser degree, resulted in an idiot who though he'd solve all his problems with a car) is a loss to all future generations.

So what happens next? We won't have any more Civil War battle reenactments?? Will the they be sanding Stone Mountain smooth?? Will the CSS Hunley be re-sunk back into the Atlantic?? At what point are we sanitizing history??

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I think Rod is right!

Yes, he won...alright? It's painfully clear to 2/3 of our population now. If I were a betting man I'd bet the Trumpatollah was surprised at his victory, although his overdeveloped ego will never allow him to admit it. We've all come to accept his victory...but this was a huge step backwards for the American culture. I am firmly convinced that (with the exception of the alt-right) the American public now grasps the magnitude of this huge mistake and is hopeful for a resolution...I, for one, would prefer that Trump tone down the rhetoric, but if I ever saw a tiger who was unable to change his stripes, it has to be Donald Trump.

The USA made a mistake...it's not a shame to admit that, but it will be shameful if we do NOT take steps to regain control of our country.

Rod is right...but I don't expect you to agree. No need to...we are all entitled to our own opinions...at least until the Trumpatollah decides to outlaw that. He is a runaway renegade and if Trump does not reign himself in, it's clear to me that the VAST majority of US citizens are ready to force change somehow.

I repeat: "There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see". Are you that blinded by this bigoted moron?

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So what happens next? We won't have any more Civil War battle reenactments?? Will the they be sanding Stone Mountain smooth?? Will the CSS Hunley be re-sunk back into the Atlantic?? At what point are we sanitizing history??

All really good points.
There are many examples of the past that haunt not only us, but other countries around the world.
The Holocost, for instance... Should the remains of the concentration camps be bulldozed out of existence and all records be expunged?
We are products of our history and we should be learning from that history so we can improve the future..

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
You are all still going through the stages of grief. This thread seems to indicate that for some it's the anger and delusion stage. Next will come bargaining then depression the acceptance. It's interesting observing. I can assure that no loaded fake news poll has altered the support of the 50% of the nation that supported President Trump. I would predict his support as actually gone up as the masses begin to recognize and understand just how the deep state and the establishment is working to destroy the President. Getting the cattle to be distracted by dividing things by race is just one of the techniques they use. This time though those that are truly enlightened are seeing through it. Apparently some of you are unable. Now back to your regularly scheduled bitchfest that you all do while contributing no actual value to the GT40 community.

I think Rod is right!

Yes, he won...alright? It's painfully clear to 2/3 of our population now. If I were a betting man I'd bet the Trumpatollah was surprised at his victory, although his overdeveloped ego will never allow him to admit it. We've all come to accept his victory...but this was a huge step backwards for the American culture. I am firmly convinced that (with the exception of the alt-right) the American public now grasps the magnitude of this huge mistake and is hopeful for a resolution...I, for one, would prefer that Trump tone down the rhetoric, but if I ever saw a tiger who was unable to change his stripes, it has to be Donald Trump.

The USA made a mistake...it's not a shame to admit that, but it will be shameful if we do NOT take steps to regain control of our country.

Rod is right...but I don't expect you to agree. No need to...we are all entitled to our own opinions...at least until the Trumpatollah decides to outlaw that. He is a runaway renegade and if Trump does not reign himself in, it's clear to me that the VAST majority of US citizens are ready to force change somehow.

I repeat: "There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see". Are you that blinded by this bigoted moron?

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
It would have been much easier if you had just said "yes"...it's obvious!

Doug

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure you were just as accurate prior to election night with your predictions...

Thanks, I will keep telling myself that. Polls are samples and the samples were not that far off. Clinton lost by around 100,000 total votes in PA, MI and WI. And FL was always going to be close no matter what the polls said.

Ultimately, Clinton couldn't overcome the Comey investigation nonsense in late October, with new emails from Weiner, and then the Russians interfered with the election. Polls have a difficult time predicting results when new variables are introduced into the sampling late in the process, say like a week to 10 days before an election.

BTW, even the Rasmussen poll has his approval rating at 40% and that's a poll that's completely biased towards dumb-dumb.

Bottom line, you support a racist-bigot-misogynist-moron. And I know what that tells me about you. :shocked:

You are all still going through the stages of grief. This thread seems to indicate that for some it's the anger and delusion stage. Next will come bargaining then depression the acceptance. It's interesting observing. I can assure that no loaded fake news poll has altered the support of the 50% of the nation that supported President Trump. I would predict his support as actually gone up as the masses begin to recognize and understand just how the deep state and the establishment is working to destroy the President. Getting the cattle to be distracted by dividing things by race is just one of the techniques they use. This time though those that are truly enlightened are seeing through it. Apparently some of you are unable. Now back to your regularly scheduled bitchfest that you all do while contributing no actual value to the GT40 community.

BTW, Trump won with 46% of the voters, but maybe you're rounding up.

And after 7 months of chaos, firings, meetings with Russians (Manafort, Kushner, Flynn, Sessions, Donnie Jr., etc.) and almost certain banking violations and payola thru Deutsche Bank, the Articles of Impeachment are being written. :thumbsup:

And even if Trump were to make it to the next Presidential election in 2020, he's going to get "primary'ed" by someone like Kasich, Sasse, etc., a sane normal Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back