GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Rod Posted "As for a comparison with Clinton being impeached, for his “private life”, well, let’s hope history repeats itself. The differences here are the alleged physical threats against the life of Stormy Daniels, $130,000 of hush money paid by Comrade Trump’s personal lawyer and the violation of Federal election laws."

Rod thinks that he is intelligent yet he doesn't know that slick willy was impeached for lying under oath about the sexual affair not for having the sexual affair.

Rod must work for CNN since he regurgitates every hyperbole that they present as fact or in depth journalism.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I thought POTUS Trump was going to stop all that nonsense...???

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Michael Cohen’s office raided by Feds earlier today. No news yet on what kind of search/siezure it was...but the name Robert Mueller was associated with the request for the warrant.

It’s about to get very interesting!

Doug

One subtle but very important difference Rod. Pay close attention. I don't come to a site I don't participate or support that focuses on a car I don't own (or seemingly aspire to own) and go to the one forum that allows open discussion on off-topic items and completely dominate the forum in a way that chases everyone else away, including supporters. Your post to my post ratio is at least 50:1. It has now become a contest to try to get the last word in for you but the last word seems to be dozens of posts that repeat the previous. Have you noticed that since you've dominated the political discussion no one from overseas even posts anything? I would love to hear what our English brethren think about Brexit. And yes, when half the posts in the last several weeks are yours that qualifies as a rant. Here's the definition: "To speak agressively about something. or to take your own tangent about a subject and talk for a long time in a passionate manner". Now, your opinions are fine and I think you've made them. I don't disagree with all of them but I also don't need to click to this site and see only you.

Hey I'm back! I wanted to prove a point. I left the Paddock on 3/25 and yet the posts continue. Did I chase anyone away? Nope. Same people here. And even a new thread (i.e., guns) has been started in my absense. Go figure. At least 12 pages over there and I haven't even posted once.

And Steve, I don't have any techincal advice to impart to GT40 owners, so I don't post. And I'm not one to just post "great job" on build threads. I do read the GT40's build and for sale threads. Thus, as far as I'm concerned, I'm a participant here.

Oh, SPF GT40's and Kirkham replicas do share a connection, since Mr. Shelby had a hand in their history and thus both replicas are listed in the Shelby World Registry.

Gracias!

Michael Cohen’s office raided by Feds earlier today. No news yet on what kind of search/siezure it was...but the name Robert Mueller was associated with the request for the warrant.

It’s about to get very interesting!

Doug

News reports suggest that they took Cohen's files, phones, etc., because of the Stormy Daniels and the Karen McDougal matters/lawsuits. So, there's probably some Federal campaign laws that were broken, since DAG Rod Rosenstein, the US Attorney in Southern District of NY and a Federal judge had to sign off on the raid.

Boy, it sure doesn't look good for Trump. The walls keep closing in on him.

Rod must work for CNN since he regurgitates every hyperbole that they present as fact or in depth journalism.

I'm not a big fan of CNN, but I do watch. Much of their air time seems to be incessantly arguing about the issues. I prefer MSNBC. :laugh:

I also tune into Fox News and laugh. Last night as the Cohen raid was highlighting most news casts, Fox was completely off topic on some non-political issue. Fox News is a complete joke, except for Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith.

Rod, so he did a fully hour on pandas???? Probably just a few minutes..

Everybody like pandas.

If I have to spend more than 5 minutes watching Fox News, I'd have to borrow your gun and shoot myself. So I don't know how long Carlson spent on the "deadly sex crazed pandas."

Last night, I actually tuned into Hannity's opening monlogue and he actually made a list of people that should be investigated instead of "the guy who's taking up valuable air space in the oval office:"

#1 is easy, of course, Hillary Clinton. #2? Bill Clinton. :laugh:

But then he had Andrew McCabe, the two FBI lovers who texted back and forth, Samatha Powers, and list of about another 12 or so people. I have no idea how this guy stays employed.

Watching Fox News is just plain funny. It's like watching an alternative universe.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
No different than watching CNN Rod... None. Both networks are just garbage anymore.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I like BBC!

Here in the U.S. many of the major networks have aligned themselves with a political party/idealogy. Fox seems to be pro-Trump, NBC and its affilliates seems to be the self-appointed opposition to the Trump administration.

In my opinion CBS does more “balanced” coverage...and less biased. That may just be an artifact of my viewing habits, though...most of the network TV shows I follow are on NBC. You can blame that on the limited TV reception here in remote middle-America. Up until the time I signed up for cable TV service the ONLY channel we could get on an “over the air” TV antenna was NBC...oh, yeah, and PBS.

We really do seem to be becoming a polarized country and it is inevitable that some of that bias will be reported on our network news programs.

Cheers!!

Doug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back