H ok now you threw me with bolted with flat heads are you also bolting thru the body thru the plate can you take a snapshot of what you mean
You bond the block under the recess for the aero latch, you just drill tap countersink and run 4 x 5/8 20 flatheads in, in the recess area to give mechanical hold along with adhesive, these then get bondo over them.

Ok now it makes sense maybe a small instruction sheet would help us first time installers of the hinge kit understand the steps same would be for the front hood hinge assemble I know you used the inner fenders off one of the donor cars but I would think you have something in the works to use RCR alum front plates if not when I get there I will create a hinge system

Here we go again, going to run three more sets

Attachments

• 13371E55-7CDC-4C00-A07F-1C832DBFBCA8.jpeg
    13371E55-7CDC-4C00-A07F-1C832DBFBCA8.jpeg
    565 KB · Views: 567
H good afternoon can you put a pricing sheet together for all of the parts you will offer so we can pick and choose what we would like to purchase this way maybe we can order all at once and cut down on the shipping cost

Thank you for the price list.

Question: what did you use as the hinge for the trunk? also what latches did you use for both the trunk and engine cover? I am assuming that you had a bunch of GT parts laying around and used them so am wondering if you have any suggestions for alternatives.

Thank you for the price list.

Question: what did you use as the hinge for the trunk? also what latches did you use for both the trunk and engine cover? I am assuming that you had a bunch of GT parts laying around and used them so am wondering if you have any suggestions for alternatives.
On Jared's car I used a set of window hinges like used on a plastic windows, you can get them from the Depot.
IMG_0435.jpg

On my car, yes I used an OEM set. latches for both are a bear claw like you get with the doors.
As for latches on my car and Jared's car I used OEM latches for the engine cover but on Steve Lobels build I used the Aero Latches at the front edge to secure it, you could use them on the trailing edge of the hood in the same way. On Steve's hood I made it fully removable so used four Aoro Latches to secure it.

thank you for the response.

I would have never thought of using window hinges. So simple, yet so effective! As for the Aero Latches, I am not as fan of them in this context as it screams "kit car" in a loud obnoxious voice. I will keep researching things and hopefully will come up with a solution.

thank you for the response.

I would have never thought of using window hinges. So simple, yet so effective! As for the Aero Latches, I am not as fan of them in this context as it screams "kit car" in a loud obnoxious voice. I will keep researching things and hopefully will come up with a solution.
I'd look at the salvage yard for a couple of trunk latches, they usually have the staple type striker that could be mounted to the engine cover, then a couple of brackets off of the roll hoop to mount the latches which could be cable or electric, remember to add a couple of safety latches like on a hood to stop it coming open.

Neil

Supporter
Pierre;

The rear body on my car (not a GT40) is secured with a 1/2" ball-lock pin on either side. In addition there are two hair pin-type hold-downs. That photo was taken when I had it temporarily secured by Clecos. These make a very secure system for holding the body in place.

Attachments

• Rear Body Pin Receptacle 2.jpg
    Rear Body Pin Receptacle 2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 523
  • Rear Body Pins 004.jpg
    Rear Body Pins 004.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 418
  • Rear Body Pins 002.JPG
    Rear Body Pins 002.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 484
Thank you both for your insights. I was driving around town tonight and thought about using an actual hood latch for the front of the GTR and perhaps some door latches like I have on my truck for the engine hatch, but yeah, trunk latches would work wonders also.

Like others have mentioned, these forums are a wealth of experience and knowledge.

All I may look into having both the rear and front covers open and close using electric actuated openeners this way no need for a release it would be just like Allan installs on the SLC for the doors

Ron Earp

Admin
PM was sent regarding being a vendor on the forum. To advertise wares for sale Andy needs to be a vendor on the site.

Back