Has any one looked at or used MiMod HP system?

Yes. ISIS already has a 7" touchscreen that can be configured to to operate any switched load connected to the ISIS system. However the ISIS system is not as "refined" as this system seemed to indicate. That being said, the ISIS only system with the touchscreen could still be a very nice set-up, and the route I was planning to go before I saw this.

Hopefully this system will be ready for prime time by the time I am able to start my build......

I see. Thanks.

Michael

Hello People,
FYI, I had and info session with Troy at Mimod and not all is what it seems with what was written about the problems Greg had with his system. After hearing Troy's side of the story I am confident with the system and am certain it will work with the Isis system as it should. Greg wasn't using the Mimod on a car with OBDII technology and that was the biggest issue as well some other things that not were as they were written. I will be installing one into my car and will let you know how it works when its done. If you are interested give Troy a call or email he will me more then happy to answer your concerns.
Cheers,

Hello People,
FYI, I had and info session with Troy at Mimod and not all is what it seems with what was written about the problems Greg had with his system. After hearing Troy's side of the story I am confident with the system and am certain it will work with the Isis system as it should. Greg wasn't using the Mimod on a car with OBDII technology and that was the biggest issue as well some other things that not were as they were written. I will be installing one into my car and will let you know how it works when its done. If you are interested give Troy a call or email he will me more then happy to answer your concerns.
Cheers,

Grant, thanks for the feed-back,I guess there is always two sides to every story. Did Troy comment on the expected delivery time?
Jim

FYI, Troy has left EV instruments and the MiMod behind and is offering the Dash Commander, he said there have been some advancements with the new systems so any one interested should have a look.
Cheers,

I am still going to use the MiMod its just called the Dash Commander now.
It was Troy's baby he left EV instruments as he wasn't able to take the system in the direction he wanted to with his partners so he left and started a new company and it is called Dash Commander.

FYI Troy just announced that he is having a brief sale on the dash commander formally known as Mimod.
The custom fitted system for the SL-C is part number #DC-100-7-SLC he is offering 20% off and two week delivery with 1/2 down at time of order. So if your thinking about it, nows the time.
Cheers,

FYI Troy just announced that he is having a brief sale on the dash commander formally known as Mimod.
The custom fitted system for the SL-C is part number #DC-100-7-SLC he is offering 20% off and two week delivery with 1/2 down at time of order. So if your thinking about it, nows the time.
Cheers,

Grant, thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup: Are you just going with the standard
DC-100-7 package or are you adding the DC-GC-7 gauge cluster package too?

Also, do you have phone number for Troy? I was on the "Dash Commander" site and the only contact info is an e-mail address.

Thanks again,
Jim

Thanks Grant for the response; however, I just tried sending him an e-mail at that address and it bounced back. I sure wish that there was a phone number that I could call him at. I sent another message via his web page. I'll see if that works! Maybe I'm old school, but I like talking to my suppliers!
Jim

Hi Jim,
Troy gave me this info, Jamie will be the go to guy for any info, Troy is going to stay on top of operations. Hope this helps you out.
Cheers,

Contact info for Jamie Walters VP Sales Dash Commander
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 815-664-8898

Hi Jim,
Troy gave me this info, Jamie will be the go to guy for any info, Troy is going to stay on top of operations. Hope this helps you out.
Cheers,

Contact info for Jamie Walters VP Sales Dash Commander
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 815-664-8898

Thanks Grant for the response; however, I just tried sending him a e-mail at that address and it bounced back. I sure wish that there was a phone number that I could call him at. I sent another message via his web page. Maybe I'm old school, but I like talking to my suppliers!
Jim

Thanks Grant! I had a nice long conversation with Jamie yesterday. For some reason I was under the impression that the MiMod/Dash Commander controlled the SL-C supplied Vintage Air; however, Jamie informed me that the Vintage Air Gen IV is strictly a manual unit and not servo operated, so that was a big disappointment!

Today I built an angled mounting bracket for the shifter and just put the dash in place and this allowed me to come up with a couple of ideas of how can make a sub-panel below the Dash Commander and mount the manual controls for the V.A without it looking too ugly.

Grant, I'm going to order my Dash Commander tomorrow but I'll be interested in following your D.C install to see if it is as straight forward as Jamie says.

Thanks again for ally our help:thumbsup:
Jim

Jamie informed me that the Vintage Air Gen IV is strictly a manual unit and not servo operated, so that was a big disappointment!

Um, I think Jamie needs to do a bit more reading, that's wrong.

However, as far as I am aware the Vintage Air unit in the SL-C isn't the GenIV unit and the unit that is used is manual controlled, that may be where the confusion is...

Um, I think Jamie needs to do a bit more reading, that's wrong.

However, as far as I am aware the Vintage Air unit in the SL-C isn't the GenIV unit and the unit that is used is manual controlled, that may be where the confusion is...

Gen IV is servo controlled, Gen III and earlier are manually controlled.

Thanks folks, the Vintage Air install sheet only lists a model number (10301-VUX-A & 104101-VUX -A and I'm unable to determine what generation it is. The packing list states that it was shipped 04/12/13.

There is a manual control pod. Ben, are you saying that the current SL-C Vintage Air can also be digitally controlled via the MiMod/Dash Commander?
Jim

I'm sure Fran or someone else will correct me if I am wrong but as far as I understand it the Vintage Air unit supplied with the SL-C is not a GenIV unit and thus cannot be controlled via the Dash Commander.

I was just stating that if Jamie believes the GenIV unit isn't servo controlled then he is wrong.

Back