Knock Out Punches!

More paranoia, Bob....get help, please, before you go postal and start :angel::rifle:

How can a smart unemployed teacher like you forget the horrendous political cartoons that were inflicted upon Secretary Rice?

condoleezza rice political cartoons - Google Search

How about the horrible things black leader Harry Belafonte said about her?

harry belafonte condoleezza rice - Google Search

I pity the all the children you've mis-diagnosed with mental disorders.

No, Tom, I have stated in the past that I believe Romney has filed every year....not that he hasn't paid any taxes b/c he did not file, as required.

Yes, Tom, I do believe Romney is hiding something...no doubt the fact that he paid WAAAAY less than his fair share of taxes through "economic masturbation"...stroking the rules. Just recently there was an article in the paper regarding compensation to fat-cat cronies like Romney, they use some sort of accounting trick to delay some of their compensation so that it is taxed at the same rate as capital gains, not as income.

Perhaps legal....I would not doubt that given the current state of the tax codes and the politicians who write them.

Honorable? Not on your life, and I believe that Romney knows that if he were to reveal his tax tricks through disclosure of his previous tax documents the tides would turn against him and he would have absolutely NO hope of winning this election he and his cronies are attempting to buy. At least he has scant hope now, that is better than none.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Follow the money.....Romney IS hiding something, and for good reason.

Can't trust the man to be honest (this tax return issue is a lie by omission), can't trust him to run our country, plain and simple!!

Doug

He paid the tax that is required for capital gains, just like Warren Buffet.
What do you think is a fair share? $2.8 million last year wasn't a "fair share"? Why aren't you condemning Warren for not paying his fair share, he made a lot more money than Romney?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

Mr Buffet is not running for President! Up until now we have always held our Presidential Candidated to a higher standard.

But then that was before the new Selfish Consevative party came along.

The Party of lies.

The Party of you'll just have to trust me!

The Party of the 1%.

Tom,

Mr Buffet is not running for President! Up until now we have always held our Presidential Candidated to a higher standard.

But then that was before the new Selfish Consevative party came along.

The Party of lies.

The Party of you'll just have to trust me!

The Party of the 1%.

Jim, That's so much BS, so Romney ought to pay more for Capital gains than Buffet? Come on, use some common sense!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Everyone should pay what the current law requires. Nothing more nothing less, don't you agree?

If Mr Romney paid what the law requires, then there is no problem. Right?

Now Tom, if he did pay what was required, why not show us. His refusal leads many to think he is hiding something, right.

Tom, if he has nothing to hide, why not prove it?

I know he required all his VP candidates to provide him with more than just the two years of tax returns he released.

Tom, why does he require his VP Candidates to give him more info than he will give the American People, why?

Does he think he is more important than the American people?

He requires the data he refuses to give to us?

This sounds to me like a hypocrite with something to hide.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well he must have put in the returns or your IRS would be all over him.
And as he has not been charged by them with any offense I think it is safe to say he has paid what the law required.

Everyone should pay what the current law requires. Nothing more nothing less, don't you agree?

If Mr Romney paid what the law requires, then there is no problem. Right?

Now Tom, if he did pay what was required, why not show us. His refusal leads many to think he is hiding something, right.

Tom, if he has nothing to hide, why not prove it?

I know he required all his VP candidates to provide him with more than just the two years of tax returns he released.

Tom, why does he require his VP Candidates to give him more info than he will give the American People, why?

Does he think he is more important than the American people?

He requires the data he refuses to give to us?

This sounds to me like a hypocrite with something to hide.

He paid the required tax rate, and he released two years of records as required. He doesn't have to satisfy your curiosity or anyone elses. If he released ten years, you guys would want fifteen years and whine that he is hiding something. It's all political BS to give an inference of impropriety no matter what is done. Come on Jim, you're better than this!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ok big taker if I'm in full time Clinton-liar mode (whatever that neans) the give is some examples lies I have told.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jim, That's so much BS, so Romney ought to pay more for Capital gains than Buffet? Come on, use some common sense!

No, Tom....but NOBODY should be allowed to hide behind deferred wages so to have them taxes as capital gains instead of income, that's just evasive.

IMHO, capital gains SHOULD be taxed at the same rate as income...they are income, aren't they? In my mind, they are even EARNED income, as some labor had to be expended getting them into some sort to tax-dodging fund, anyway.

We desperately need tax reform....fair tax, no deductions, no exemptions, no income reductions for ANYTHING, all income treated the same, every person who earns anything pays the same rate...I have heard 9% bandied about, with an increase in the sales tax to 9% also.

Might be a bitter pill for everyone to bite, but at least there would be fairness for all economic categories, not just preferential treatment for the wealthy.

Doug

No, Tom....but NOBODY should be allowed to hide behind deferred wages so to have them taxes as capital gains instead of income, that's just evasive.

IMHO, capital gains SHOULD be taxed at the same rate as income...they are income, aren't they? In my mind, they are even EARNED income, as some labor had to be expended getting them into some sort to tax-dodging fund, anyway.

We desperately need tax reform....fair tax, no deductions, no exemptions, no income reductions for ANYTHING, all income treated the same, every person who earns anything pays the same rate...I have heard 9% bandied about, with an increase in the sales tax to 9% also.

Might be a bitter pill for everyone to bite, but at least there would be fairness for all economic categories, not just preferential treatment for the wealthy.

Doug
The attractive tax rate was made to stimulate investment, it has. Take it away and see what happens, we could use a bigger drop in the economy. If Capital gains went up to 30%, where do you think that investment money would go? Do you think that with an additional 15% tax, investors would keep their money here? You have to think about the consequences before you act.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ok big taker if I'm in full time Clinton-liar mode (whatever that neans) the give is some examples lies I have told.

Mr Fechter, once again you accuse me of lying, you never, ever, can come up with even one lie from me. You are a usless sack of shit. Worse than that you are a lying, usless sack of shit!

Do you even know the difference between the truth and a lie?

Everyone can see that! You have proven over and over again just what type of people infest the "new Consevtive" party.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
The attractive tax rate was made to stimulate investment, it has.

You really think so, Tom?

According to the Republicans, job creation is down.

Where is all that "capital gains" money creating jobs?

Many would say the jobs B.O. is touting are government jobs, I doubt that they are ALL government jobs, but if so that means that even less of the 4.4 million jobs recovered since the beginning of the recession are from investment.

The money gained from the capital gains tax break isn't being invested to any great degree, in my eyes, it's being hoarded by those who are taking advantage of the tax dodge.

Helping Main Street? Not on your life, only Wall Street.

Time to close a tax loophole used primarily by the wealthy, if you ask me!

Doug

You really think so, Tom?

According to the Republicans, job creation is down.

Where is all that "capital gains" money creating jobs?

Many would say the jobs B.O. is touting are government jobs, I doubt that they are ALL government jobs, but if so that means that even less of the 4.4 million jobs recovered since the beginning of the recession are from investment.

The money gained from the capital gains tax break isn't being invested to any great degree, in my eyes, it's being hoarded by those who are taking advantage of the tax dodge.

Helping Main Street? Not on your life, only Wall Street.

Time to close a tax loophole used primarily by the wealthy, if you ask me!

Doug

Do you really think that given the economy at this time, it would be a good time for an experiment? Raise taxes in a weak economy. If the tax rate doubled on Capital gains, I sure as hell would find somewhere to invest that is more tax friendly. The money in Wall Street stocks support US business. You're not thinking consequences!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
From an outsider looking in I am surprised at the amount of animosity towards
Wealthy successful people displayed by you Americans. I have always considered America as a place where if someone became successful they were admired and used as an example to small children. "If you work and study hard you too can be successful, why you could one day become President".
What has changed?

The Distortionists have always been on Secretary Rice because she is a Black Conservative Woman. I'll never forget the Aunt Jemima political cartoons that were published in the Distortionist newspapers across the country.

Blaming her for 911 is ridiculous. The seeds of the problem go all the way back to 1976 when the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance act was sponsored by teddy kennedy and signed into law by jimmie carter in 1978.

The evolved into "The Wall" as it was referred to by the 911 Commission, which forbade the FBI and CIA to share information, crippling surveilance of our enemies.

Bob, I can't speak for the Distortionists, whoever they are. I can merely speak for myself.

My comments have nothing to do with skin color or political leaning. If you knew me, then you would know that is a true statement.

Yes, you're absolutely right, the problems go way back, well before CR was in charge of national security. However, this breach occurred on her watch, and if you study the background carefully it's clear there were ample warnings of its approach down to the exact day. Of all the senior people in the administration, she was the one having the core focus of her job being to prevent exactly just such an event. Others before her staved off other major threats in one way or another, as have other folks since her. The fact of the matter is that she failed the American people horribly in the execution of her duties. People, including politicians, are ultimately graded on results, not effort nor good intentions nor the ability to speak well in public.

I don't know where she has the nerve. If I was her and had that happen on my watch I would want to go crawl under a rock somewhere and never show my face again.

From an outsider looking in I am surprised at the amount of animosity towards
Wealthy successful people displayed by you Americans. I have always considered America as a place where if someone became successful they were admired and used as an example to small children. "If you work and study hard you too can be successful, why you could one day become President".
What has changed?

You are exactly right. America was always a country where an idea and hard work could make anyone prosper. I built custom homes in CT from the late 80s to 2005. I got all the proper licensing, permits, and inspections. I started with small jobs and progressed to complete homes. I accomplished my end goal with satisfied customers. I put in very long hours from the start of my business to the day I closed it. The permitting was tedious with self important inspectors that needed their egos stroked so a job that was in compliance would pass their inspection. The government did not build my business, on the contrary, they put new obstacles in the way continually. Permits, fees, licenses and inspections that could only be done in the inspectors time frame. I built my business, and through long hours and satisfied customers who helped build my reputation my business grew. Customers helped the business grow, but good work ethics made that reputation. I kept a lot of subcontractors busy, guys that worked full time for me and paid a lot of taxes. No one did it for me!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I understand all that Al and one of the reasons I sold my business and retired
Was frustration wit.h government red tape. But your story doesn't explain the apparent animosity towards wealth and success I read on this forum.
It is rife in Oz where being successful is almost a crime, we have even coined a phrase for it calling it "the tall poppy syndrome. I always thought America was different and most admired success.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
If the tax rate doubled on Capital gains, I sure as hell would find somewhere to invest that is more tax friendly.

Sorry, Tom, but with all due respect, I feel you are not clear on the concept.

I'm retired. I don't work a job, have no business of my own, just a bum, I guess (go ahead with the pot shots, LB!).

Why should my retirement income, which was deducted from my paycheck all the while I was working, be taxed as earned income while the "deferred income" some butthead financial investor gets at a later date be taxed at a lower rate, the rate of capital gains?

The concept is this....ALL income is income....nothing should be taxed at a lower rate. Everyone should pay the same rate of taxation on their gross income. I should think the well-off should like that suggestion, after all they seem to think they pay way more than their fair share, and they seem increasingly incensed that there are the poverty stricken who pay little or nothing, or even WORSE, get huge refunds because of the Earned Income Credit.

None of that crap should happen...there should be NOWHERE that you can invest that is more tax friendly. Everyone should pay the same percentage, whether Warren Buffet or the most destitute.

Of course, I understand you won't like that idea...you're use to being able to reduce your tax rate through investing in tax-dodges.

I say "Shame on you", Tom...and, please understand, I don't mean that personally, I mean that EVERYONE who thinks that because they are wealthy that they deserve to pay a lower tax rate than I do should be ashamed of that "sense of entitlement"....I mean, after all, aren't the Conservatives trying to get rid of "entitlement programs", why do the wealthy think they are entitled to be taxed at a different rate?

Flame suit on....fire away!

Doug

Back