Knock Out Punches!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Here's a surprise from on of the left's propaganda agencies, AP!

Gee, LB, you think the AP is biased toward the left? Got any proof?

I read the entire article, looked pretty even sided to me, skewered the Repubs as well as the Dems on their inaccuracies.

Lots of what both said is up to interpretation...for example:

SAN ANTONIO MAYOR JULIAN CASTRO: "Despite incredible odds and united Republican opposition our president took action. And now we've seen 4.5 million new jobs."
While that figure has become a White House talking point, it's only part of the story. It's a cherry-picked number that refers just to private sector jobs created in the last 29 months, from the trough of the recession through July. Governments - especially state and local ones - have continued shedding jobs.
The economy lost 8.8 million jobs from the time employment peaked in January 2008 until it hit bottom in February 2010. Between then and this July - the most recent month for which there are figures - just 4 million jobs have been recovered. Never since World War II has the economy been so slow to recover all the jobs lost in a downturn.

I can see both sides...total losses=8.8 million....BUT, as Castro said, 4 million have been recovered....no thanks to the "Party of NO", which has decided it will not work with the current POTUS. That's a hard line that may be the wrong one to draw in the sand, if you get my drift.

...and this:

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID: "We can only imagine what new secrets would be revealed if he showed the American people a dozen years of tax returns like his father did.... Mitt Romney says we should take his word that he paid his fair share. His word? His word? Trust comes from transparency, and Mitt Romney comes up short on both."
THE FACTS: Reid has challenged Romney on his tax returns before, but this time Reid omitted an earlier charge that over the past decade, there were some years when Romney paid no taxes - an uncorroborated claim that Romney insists is false.
Romney has released just one tax return, from 2010 and says he'll release his 2011 return once it's finished. He has steadfastly declined to make more than two years available.

Gotta give Reid credit for abandoning the assertion that there were some years where Romney paid no taxes at all....but, then, Romney is most assuredly hiding something by refusing to release any more than the last two (yes, I KNOW that's all that's required by law). Where there's smoke, there's fire, and Romney's refusal to release any more than the minimum required by law, which has not been the practice followed by other candidates, including Romney's own father, sure smells like a smoke-screen to me...and, I would wager, to the rest of the politically sentient population (TEA partiers don't fall into the politically sentient category, IMHO, only the politically rabid category).

The AP is the least biased of the news organizations....sure would like to see you offer some difinitive proof that they are leftist, but I'm not holding my breath, LB, you've proven in the past that you won't answer these sort of questions b/c you know you'll look like the fool you are. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and yours has been somewhat cowardly (much like a cowardly hit-and-run driver, you make an accusation and then run from the responsibility to support it) in this regard (again, IMHO).....

Doug

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I'll tell you what if there was a "knockout punch" in this convention season, it was last night. What a wonderful speech by the first lady that did not even ONCE denigrate Republicans or the other side.

You wingnuts can say all you want, but that lady has class.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff,

Yes, if nothing else, lately, we have been blessed with some great first ladies It's not just Mrs Obama, but both Bush ladies had real class and Mrs Clinton, who went on to be a Senator and a very hard working Secratary of State. Although it is a very tough job and it seems to be wearing her down:(

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I agree. In fact, in my lifetime, I can't remember anything but class in that role -- Betty Ford, Roslyn Carter, Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, Michelle Obama.

WE have been blessed.

Re: The Repubs knocked THEMSELVES out!!!

I am late to the party (sort of speak) And I carry no party flag here. I am like the UN observer so don't shoot me, interested in intelligent reason from both sides before deciding.

I find it interesting that on most occasions both side's reading comprehension is seriously flawed.

I also find that there is often completely irrelevant data tossed in the mix. (as in the above "emotional" comment from Bob). Whether this woman was flattened by a steamroller and survived has nothing to do with what her message contained.

So WHY BRING IT UP?

If anyone dare criticize Mrs. Obama, they are immediately accused of being racist misogynists.

The fellows on this thread are accusing Mrs. Romney of being an evil behind the scenes manipulator of Mr. Romney. No proof, I've seen, but here they go again maliciously attacking a Conservative women with no proof beyond her politics.

My "emotional" comments were intended to be sarcastic imitations of the kind of replies liberals are always throwing out when liberal women are criticized. What's good for the goose is good for the marxist.

Doug, You are stretching it here. '"Gotta give Reid credit for abandoning the assertion that there were some years where Romney paid no taxes at all....but, then, Romney is most assuredly hiding something by refusing to release any more than the last two (yes, I KNOW that's all that's required by law)." Give Reid credit? It was stupid. If Romney hadn't filed, the IRS would be all over him. And you are "assuming" that he is hiding something. Pretty weak.

Keith

If anyone dare criticize Mrs. Obama, they are immediately accused of being racist misogynists.

Apolitically speaking, racism defined simply:

Racist.jpg

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Umm, not quite. There is this whole idea of one race having political and economic power and being able to do something about it, and the other one not.

White folks who complain about "racism" directed at them amuse me.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Yep, impossible.

This hyperbolic, overpoliticized, overexposed world we have created where the other side is the ultimate evil and "my side" is the ultimate good?

Well, guys like you are the piles of shit on which that world is built.

Nice job.

Yep, impossible.

This hyperbolic, overpoliticized, overexposed world we have created where the other side is the ultimate evil and "my side" is the ultimate good?

Well, guys like you are the piles of shit on which that world is built.

Nice job.

You are a victim of the distortionists, jeff, open your eyes.

I don't understand why Condoleezza Rice has a credible basis to stand upon talking about how things should be - the greatest security breach and disaster upon US soil happened on her watch (9/11). As National Security Advisor, and later the Secretary of State, she's culpable in my mind. It was her job to prevent just such events. She's obviously intelligent and speaks well, and with conviction, but politicians should be graded on the results they achieve (or don't), not how well they can speak in public.

As a side note, be wary of the impassioned politician/public speaker who waves his/her hands and gesticulates dramatically. Many of human history's most inhumane leaders have just such a demeanor behind the podium.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

I am late to the party (sort of speak) And I carry no party flag here. I am like the UN observer so don't shoot me, interested in intelligent reason from both sides before deciding.

I find it interesting that on most occasions both side's reading comprehension is seriously flawed.

I also find that there is often completely irrelevant data tossed in the mix. (as in the above "emotional" comment from Bob). Whether this woman was flattened by a steamroller and survived has nothing to do with what her message contained.

So WHY BRING IT UP?

Rob, welcome!

Yes indeed, as you know, its better to be late to a party than miss it all together:)

Last edited:
I don't understand why Condoleezza Rice has a credible basis to stand upon talking about how things should be - the greatest security breach and disaster upon US soil happened on her watch (9/11). As National Security Advisor, and later the Secretary of State, she's culpable in my mind. It was her job to prevent just such events. She's obviously intelligent and speaks well, and with conviction, but politicians should be graded on the results they achieve (or don't), not how well they can speak in public.

As a side note, be wary of the impassioned politician/public speaker who waves his/her hands and gesticulates dramatically. Many of human history's most inhumane leaders have just such a demeanor behind the podium.

The Distortionists have always been on Secretary Rice because she is a Black Conservative Woman. I'll never forget the Aunt Jemima political cartoons that were published in the Distortionist newspapers across the country.

Blaming her for 911 is ridiculous. The seeds of the problem go all the way back to 1976 when the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance act was sponsored by teddy kennedy and signed into law by jimmie carter in 1978.

The evolved into "The Wall" as it was referred to by the 911 Commission, which forbade the FBI and CIA to share information, crippling surveilance of our enemies.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If you are talking about seeds of the problem............

You forgot about Ronald Reagan showing everyone in the Middle East that one guy with a truck bomb will make the US run for home!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Umm, not quite. There is this whole idea of one race having political and economic power and being able to do something about it, and the other one not.

White folks who complain about "racism" directed at them amuse me.

You must be amused often then. Some of the most racist people I know are black. I'm talking about Australian Natives not African Americans.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
If Romney hadn't filed, the IRS would be all over him. And you are "assuming" that he is hiding something. Pretty weak.

No, Tom, I have stated in the past that I believe Romney has filed every year....not that he hasn't paid any taxes b/c he did not file, as required.

Yes, Tom, I do believe Romney is hiding something...no doubt the fact that he paid WAAAAY less than his fair share of taxes through "economic masturbation"...stroking the rules. Just recently there was an article in the paper regarding compensation to fat-cat cronies like Romney, they use some sort of accounting trick to delay some of their compensation so that it is taxed at the same rate as capital gains, not as income.

Perhaps legal....I would not doubt that given the current state of the tax codes and the politicians who write them.

Honorable? Not on your life, and I believe that Romney knows that if he were to reveal his tax tricks through disclosure of his previous tax documents the tides would turn against him and he would have absolutely NO hope of winning this election he and his cronies are attempting to buy. At least he has scant hope now, that is better than none.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Follow the money.....Romney IS hiding something, and for good reason.

Can't trust the man to be honest (this tax return issue is a lie by omission), can't trust him to run our country, plain and simple!!

Doug

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
The Distortionists have always been on Secretary Rice because she is a Black Conservative Woman.

More paranoia, Bob....get help, please, before you go postal and start :angel::rifle:

Back