MDA Mk1 with Gulf Arches - Martin P

Well done Martin, I bet you're like a Dad with a new son - except this one shouldn't give you as much grief as it gets older!!

Regards
Andy

Well done old boy.. one more for the road..

Tears in my eyes as I wait for my IVA at Southampton

Congrats Martin. I can only imagine how exciting this for you. One day, I hope to to get there and perhaps give a run for your money on a track near you ;)

Hi All,
Thanks for the support. Getting exciting now but I'm not going to rush it or put a timeframe on finishing it as I want to enjoy this stage and make sure I get all the little details right.

Jimmy,
What I was refering to was a Turkey pan, so you will see the trumpets anyhow, just keep the exhaust heat from getting to the inlets. It's on the list.

Martin

Hi Jimmy,

Ahh, yes, that too. Forgot I mentioned that. Had to re read my own post.
Plexiglass would work, but I'm looking for something a bit more like this;

Attachments

• Img_4164.jpg
    Img_4164.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 477
John,
I pinched your picture of the web. It is a nice photo.

Well, today I celebrate. I got my new registration number from DVLA. No issues, no inspection, just a new Tax Disc and paperwork to get new number plates. So after successfully navigating through IVA, I now have a fully road legal registered car.
I can now relax and get the car painted. Fantastic feeling.

Cheers,
Martin

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations

Sod the painting - get out and drive the thing! Not much good qweather left this year

that is what I did for 2 years after SVA before the paint was done

Ian

Congrats Martin, I'd agree with Ian! Get her out while we still have a bit of good weather. Shake her down a bit and then paint over winter!

That's what I plan to do the first year anyway! (probably though to save up for the painting to be honest)

Thanks guys,
I'm not rushing it. The gearchange needs some more work and various other nice little jobs need attending to while I still have the budget to do it. The painter has a waiting list and I'm next in line so I don't want to miss it. Again, while I've got the cash, better get it done. I've written off driving it before next year anyhow. When I do though, it will be some party.

Martin

Hi Martin,
So DVLA did not need to see the car themselves ?
they take the word of the IVA tester I suppose.
Well done

Hi Kieth,
The DVLA reserve the right to inspect the car if they feel they need to. I guess it's usually if they suspect there maybe something a miss. I had all the receipts I needed from MDA signed by Mark Sibley on MDA headed paper + the engine declaration from Mike Huddart so there was no reason for them to be suspicious. Everything was in order. I was fortunate that I made sure I got receipts along the way especially as MDA went down the pan.
The IVA is obviously the biggest step, but the receipts are looked at again by the local DVLA office that you submit your registration forms to. They are the ones that issue the Tax disc and authorize the registration. The V5(C) then gets issued from Swansea.

Huge step over and done with. Now it's the fun part.
Yours next ?

Cheers,
Martin

Hey Martin, one question don't know if you know. If you have a private plate ready to go on, can you get this assigned straight away, or do you have to get the first V5 and then change later? I've only had a plate on retention for 7 years....

Hey Brett,
I think you can do it in one go but I didn't want to complicate or slow the process down. Assigning an age related plate confirms the new vehicle status. If there was a mix up and they assigned your older plate and also tried to title the car for that year, it wouldn't tie up with the IVA and might take a lot of undoing. That would be my worry.
I also have a personal plate to put on but will run around on the new plates for a while first. Mine has also been on retention for a few years so a little longer won't hurt.

Martin

Yeah, I just don't want to pay another year to them LOL... gives me motivation to try and get it all doen before the end of May next year...

If you register it is Brighton, you could get a new plate starting GT.... ;)

Final piece of paper today.
The V5C Registration document is now in my hands.

Date of 1st registration 10th Sept 2012
Registered as: MDA GT40 MK1

Happy days....:grinf:

Martin

Back