new CAV owner

The long missing CAV #99 appeared in my garage in late June 2010 after several failed negotiations and a trip to Vegas to bring it home. The description of the car in the add fell short of what was done during the build. Most items enhanced were done with serious track time in mind. Oil coolers with external pumps to move the fluids, torsion shaft sway bars, quick jacks cut out of billet and added supports, adjustable brake bias under the dash, all suspension arms either polished, plated, or coated. Custom hand crafted bundle of snakes headers. Total eye candy! Up graded ball joints, axles, etc etc. All atachments drilled and safety wired. One off polished billet air cleaner housing, base plate, and close out panel. I spent lots of time checking out the different manufactures of GT 40's, and at the 2006 Cobra Bash in Reno had the chance to pick apart a CAV and a Superformance that were displayed 30 feet apart by different dealers. The quality of the welds won me over. Anyway, it's a joy to own and drive. We took it on a 900 mile cruise recently and it fulfilled all expectations. Rich Roy Colbert, Washington. USA

Hi Rich, welcome and congratulation on your new toy. There are quite a few WA state gt40 guys here - at least six that I can think of off the top of my head. Can't recall who may be located in the eastern part of the state but I believe there's at least one gt40 guy in your neck of the woods.

Great to hear you're enjoying your car. I was similarly impressed with the cav, including the quality of the ss welds, for example. Seems like a very high quality reproduction (mine is mono #6, so, quite early). Sounds like you have a nearly track-ready car - that is wonderful. Lucky you. Tom P here on the forum has a cav I believe also, which is a track day contender - you two should compare notes!

If you're ever over in Seattle with your cav then ping me and we can compare wheels. Cheers!

ps: here's some crazy fun this past summer at Seattle Raceways for the historics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvIYg5mjn2k

Welcome to the CAV family. I'm the somewhat proud owner of CAV # 82. Somewhat because I love the car but have had a few issues getting the car "sorted." But I know this is something most of us have to endure. What are the specs on your car. Engine, tranny, carbs etc. Like SpyderMike says it ain't real until its seen. Good luck and enjoy.

Photo's of # 99 - testing to see if I can do this????

GT40road002.jpg

GT40road005.jpg

022.jpg

Here are the official "it's real" photos of CAV #99. Guardsman blue with Wimbledon white stripes and gum balls. The vintage plates are in honor of my Daughter Desir'ee that we lost to cancer a year ago. She was a total "car gal" and enjoyed doing all the motor-head stuff with us during her 25 years of life. This car has been great. on tour or just mess'en around, it's really delivers 120% in handling & performance. then there's great looks that never seem to get old, even after 45 years. There is nothing else higher on any list of great cars that I would ever want...............

OOOOOOOOOOOOH, that's a really NICE car!!!
I'm sure your daughter would have loved riding in it. Drive safely, and welcome.

Simon

Looks like a lovely finished car. Very cool toy.
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Your never too old to enjoy a happy childhood:thumbsup:
Welcome to the forum
Woody

Ian Clark

Supporter
Welcome aboard! Fabulous looking car with a ton of work added over the standard car. Really well done, love the colour and the way the car sits, firmly planted. Cheers

Pat

Supporter
Welcome Rich and remember we're all here for you if you run into any sorting issues. Like Cliff, I have a very early CAV and we're always happy to share info.
I know Desir'ee is with you as you enjoy your stunning car.

Rich, Spokane has a great track with a straight a little more than a mile long. I have two track days there each year and am an instructor. It would be fun to have you there or here at the Pacific Raceways track in Kent. I have 7 events here in 2011. I am asuming that you may want to run the car at a track.

Anyhow, many of us has had to do some kind of sorting on our cars and it certainly part of the charm of the car.

Best,

Tom

Rich,
That is avery nice car. I hope you drive the rubber off and enjoy every minute of it. Life is short as you are all too well aware. Sorry to hear of your loss. Good onya for moving forward and living the dream.
Garry

Tom, Sounds good! I will watch for the up coming dates. I use to live about 5 miles from Pacific Raceways until moving to the Spokane area in the early 90's, did lots of laps around that track with my old G.T.350 and a formula Lebra Winkelman. I liked the old turn nine better where you could sweep out on the straight wide to the left at full throttle and ride it down over the bump at turn one, fun times......Rich

Back