Nicks Forte Scratch Build

Seem to have the wind in the sails now. The very first fluids into my lifeless creation, promptly followed by said fluids on the floor. After fixing a troublesome hydraulic coupling, now seem to have a functioning clutch. Feels right underfoot so hopefully all's well on that front. Audi gear selector cables back on. Chassis cross brace scheduled for Tomorrow to be promptly
followed by the re-fitment of the exhaust pipes.

Neil

Supporter
"The very first fluids into my lifeless creation, promptly followed by said fluids on the floor."

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. The first time I cranked my engine over, I had forgotten to install an oil filter. :mad:

Another milestone. The exhaust I fabricated is now back in and everything is where it should be alignment and position wise.. All in all, a very positive weekend on the build front. I have incorporated some flexi unions so I can have a little wriggle room position wise when it comes to having the tail pipes exit the bodywork exactly where I want.

Got around to popping the Comp Cams break-in oil into the engine Today which gave me the chance to calibrate the dip stick. Remote oil filter and rad now in and the plumbing under way. Sips test fitted and now ready to test fit the front and rear clips. Finally feels like i’m getting there. Tomorrow it’s time to bleed the brakes and tidy a few odds and sods.

Attachments

As a result of deliberately seating my exhaust very low, the knock-on effect being having to move the rear ARB as it would no longer fit between the horseshoe and the exhaust. Hence managed to move it slightly rearward and a tad lower by adding two Ally stand off blocks to the chassis. Quite pleased with the solution all in all as my primary aim was to keep the exhaust as far below the rear bodywork as possible.

Attachments

So, with the rear ARB in place, time to consider how the lower rod ends on the drop links should connect to the suspension. I used threaded 7/16 info bar for my lower upright attachment to the reverse ‘A’ frame. So set about using some spare brass I had to make a 7/16 to M8 (rod ends supplied for the drop links) part. Also popped in an M5 pinch bolt to ensure all stays as set. The pics should assist. All in all, pleased with the result and length of the part helps address the slightly more rearward position of my ARB.

Attachments