Problems connecting to GT40s.com or Problems Posting

Randy V

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If you are having troubles connecting or posting, please do some ground work ahead of time before reaching out to Ron or I for help.
1) Are you having troubles with any other websites?
2) Reboot computer - many issues are resolved with a fresh operating system / memory / connection.
3) Open your browser and go into the privacy settings or security settings to Delete all Cache and Cookies - this resolves a good 75% of problems alone.
4) Run a virus / malware scan on your computer - Many times there are malware "bots" running on a machine that slows processing, interrupts threads, causes general havoc.
--
Obviously, if you can't connect to us, you can't tell us you're having a problem. Try reaching out to a friend to see if he/she can connect to GT40s.com ....
--
I'm on the site at least twice per day and sometimes more. If it is down, I know who to contact and rest assured I will do so immediately.
Thanks for your partnership in helping everything run smoothly here on GT40s.com

Ron Earp

Admin
Good post Randy. The site is very stable and I think we now have an "uptime" exceeding 365 days.

In shorthand, if there is a problem it is probably on the client end.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 70, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Ron and Randy: I am trying to change my current user name (YerDugliness) to my real name (Doug Sainlar), but I can't seem to find the location where I can do that. Where is our Control Panel? I have done a forum search for "Control Panel" but the results didn't help any. I am also concerned that if I change my user name my lifetime supporter status might be changed, and I would not want to lose my current lifetime supporter status just for changing my name.
If you'd like to make the change for me, that's OK, too....just want to be in compliance with our forum procedures. Thanks for whatever help you can provide!
Cheers from Doug!!!!

Randy V

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ron and Randy: I am trying to change my current user name (YerDugliness) to my real name (Doug Sainlar), but I can't seem to find the location where I can do that. Where is our Control Panel? I have done a forum search for "Control Panel" but the results didn't help any. I am also concerned that if I change my user name my lifetime supporter status might be changed, and I would not want to lose my current lifetime supporter status just for changing my name.
If you'd like to make the change for me, that's OK, too....just want to be in compliance with our forum procedures. Thanks for whatever help you can provide!
Cheers from Doug!!!!
You’re fine. The YerDugliness is the ID that the forum software knows as your logon ID. Just like mine is Big-Foot. These are the logon names we chose and that’s fine as long as the User Name that appears in your messages and threads is a derivative of your true “real” name (we’re both in compliance).. I can check to see if we can change logon ID if you wish.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 70, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
You’re fine. The YerDugliness is the ID that the forum software knows as your logon ID. Just like mine is Big-Foot. These are the logon names we chose and that’s fine as long as the User Name that appears in your messages and threads is a derivative of your true “real” name (we’re both in compliance).. I can check to see if we can change logon ID if you wish.
If you're happy, Randy, I'm happy. Thanks for answering so quickly!