RCR's Next car should be.....

You know, the ground clearance on that car/boat is pretty low. It looked like going down that boat launch could be a little problematic. Kinda sounds like rotary power?

Also, how does he see where hes going when in the water?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
OK, here's the answer; it's even a chevy V-8:

Nuccio.jpg

well worth it seeing how its made and how it works, its a piece of art and could be even more worth in the future perhaps.

the car that cadillac SHOULD have made

Attachments

• cien-diagonal-plateado-2002.jpg
    cien-diagonal-plateado-2002.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 360.jpg
    360.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 551
  • cadillac_cien-2074067ea2.jpg
    cadillac_cien-2074067ea2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 278
  • Cadillac-Evoq-Concept-1999-18.jpg
    Cadillac-Evoq-Concept-1999-18.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 408
How about a replica Enzo?

Of course that'll never happen because the freaky-deaky ferrari folks would send their legal attack dogs with some lame-o patent infringement claim, or trademark claim. Such bs.

If it was possible, I think a replica Enzo (roughly based upon Fran's alu panel chassis and CNC suspension pieces) with an LS7 could very nearly match the performance of the original. Of course, ferrari do these things very well right down to fancy leather stitching and such, and that's a LOT of work to replicate properly, so it would be sort of like an original's Jersey cousin in comparison, but still an amazingly nice car....

An Enzo? REALLY?

It may be my "Ugly American," whiskey-for-breakfast, Curtis Turner-loving side glaring through, but I'D like to see Fran continue to concentrate on replicating vehicles from those countries that have at least proven their engineering worth by producing military weapons you'd be willing to stake your life on. You know, like the U.S., UK, and Germany.

As long as we're daydreaming, I'd like to see what would happen if Fran and his CAD/CAM & Solidworks programs got aimed at the vehicle that had my eight-year-old pulse racing in 1965: Bill Thomas' CHEETAH.

Put a proper 21st century chassis under that wicked body, get the airflow right, insulate the heat, and make the engine compartment/mount points suitable for both LS motors and tall-deck Donovan big-blocks.

I'll buy the first one, and that's no trash talk.

JR

Last edited:
D type update..
Moulds are almost finished...car looks killer.
Available in RHD format only...
Jag engine only supported from the factory...5 speed
three body options...rear fin, no fin or the hump only

LMP1 update.....moulds have started construction.
I have made some decisions to the final intent of the car....
Track only..
RHD only per original
single seat only per the original
suspension geo. again per original...hence track only as ground clearance is too low for street use.
Shift will be rhd...so guys that drive on the left hand side of the road will still feel at home...(like a rhd GT40 really.)
Initial chassis packaging will accomodate V8 engine only ..target weight 2000lbs

GTApex...lots of work going on car is looking great...more detailed info when its worth sharing.

How hard would it be to get this one going, I'm waiting for someone to come up with one for over six years now!

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 361
Justin ...not yet but alot will depend upon some of the hardware I install....

As its a true track only car I am looking at using an FIA FT3 fuel cell bladder, Penske shocks , along with a race datalogger as standard ......
I know I am going to be building a car that will compete with the SL-C ontrack but thats fine...so long as its an RCR manufactured car at the head of the field I dont care.....I expect it will be a similar price to the SL-C

Louis....very expensive and/or a lot of time and energy....Maybe Mr. Noo (chris) in the Uk would be willing to do one for you...his 917 is very well done.

LMP1 update.....moulds have started construction.
I have made some decisions to the final intent of the car....
Track only..
RHD only per original
single seat only per the original
suspension geo. again per original...hence track only as ground clearance is too low for street use.
Shift will be rhd...so guys that drive on the left hand side of the road will still feel at home...(like a rhd GT40 really.)
Initial chassis packaging will accomodate V8 engine only ..target weight 2000lbs

Will it have a full undertray?
The LMP Caddie will be a Rock Star. Talking about having an "American" full on race car that can run with or stomp any other car at the track. Sign me up .... oh if I only had more money and time...

That Caddie street coupe (V12?) shown above is one of the most striking cars ever. Beautiful.

Back